Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I contacted the same email address I did when I ordered my first pair, i got talking to 'David' for a few days and I made payment. His team sent me
QC video and pictures of the broken Mags, all lights work apart from 2 EL panels on the right shoe don't light up - overall they're in great condition. He/they've shipped them out now so it's just a case of waiting for them. Thanks again for your help :)

My wear pair have held up pretty well over the last few years.

View attachment 829712

They look good. Apart from the wiring, they always seemed to be built well. Did you find the toebox area sort of crinkles a little with wear? Wish they had put less framing in there, as I think that's what causes the crinkling. My v3.1s (not the wear pair - yet) still get a charging every month and still work fine.

Im a little confused. If the buckle on a size 7 V3 is 65mm, why would the printed part need to be 68mm?
What he did with the last 3D printed part was made it oversized so it would fit over the rubber part that came on the shoe. The wall thickness is about 1mm.

On its own, I don't think it would hold up to wearing. You could use it if you were only displaying the shoes.

The beauty of the 3D printed part is not only very light weight, but it is hollow so you have space for electronics.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

What he did with the last 3D printed part was made it oversized so it would fit over the rubber part that came on the shoe. The wall thickness is about 1mm.

On its own, I don't think it would hold up to wearing. You could use it if you were only displaying the shoes.

The beauty of the 3D printed part is not only very light weight, but it is hollow so you have space for electronics.

I am wanting to have just a display pair so having a true to size piece without being abe to fit over the stock part is fine with me.

However I could cut the stock part down so it can fit inside and glue it in so there will be more surface area to glue. I plan on buying all the parts as a kit so I dont mess up a preassembled pair trying to get stuff off.

I am wanting to have just a display pair so having a true to size piece without being abe to fit over the stock part is fine with me.

However I could cut the stock part down so it can fit inside and glue it in so there will be more surface area to glue. I plan on buying all the parts as a kit so I dont mess up a preassembled pair trying to get stuff off.

As long as you are OK with cutting the foam, then yes, get him to make the part 1:1.

I wonder if he'd do the 71mm for the US10 and what ever US8 and 9 are? In the end, he just needs to make a new file by scaling the image to suit.

Remember when he made a whole MAG as a 3D model? He never released the files because he soon realized that there was only a very limited number of people that would be able to actually mold and cast the parts in rubber. And that was even before I learned.

Slightly OT but still related.

Anyone remember these? The Puma Disc.

So when you look back at the history of shoes over the last 30 years, you had a fictional shoe (the Nike MAG) in 1989 that was possibly the first time laces extended to the midsole. These days virtually every shoe does this and have their own different name ie Nike FlyWire. Others have plastic lace cages etc.

What made the Puma Disc so unique (and I bought this pair) is it didn't have shoe laces, rather a cable that wound up around a spool. Turn the disc and shoe tightens up. And it does so from the midsole eliminating the "bulge" that occurs on shoes that don't have a system extending to the midsole.

The part I remember most about the promotion of the tech was the power lace scene of BTTF2 being used as the comparison. Even though these are not powered, they were certainly a step in the right direction.
28291e4fa23b445a7f90d8bfbc56f30c.jpg

remember them? I've got a few in my collection! :D i've always liked alternatives to regular laces since even before watching BTTF 2.
DSC_0167.JPG DSC_0168.JPG

Last edited:
remember them? I've got a few in my collection! :D i've always liked alternatives to regular laces since even before watching BTTF 2.

I first saw them on the TV show "Beyond 2000" and they used the BTTF2 power lace sequence to show case them.

Funny thing is, when you look at the concept design work of the MAG, at one has a dial of sorts on the side of the shoe. NIKE's answer was to keep the string (laces), but add flywire to serve as the link to the midsole.

Did these Puma Discs ever come out in a hi-top?

I first saw them on the TV show "Beyond 2000" and they used the BTTF2 power lace sequence to show case them.
Funny thing is, when you look at the concept design work of the MAG, at one has a dial of sorts on the side of the shoe. NIKE's answer was to keep the string (laces), but add flywire to serve as the link to the midsole.
Did these Puma Discs ever come out in a hi-top?

apparently so, but I'm in no hurry to get them.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PUMA-RE...ers-New/123234586556?var=&hash=item1cb15a8fbc
rather wear the V3's all the time since it's winter. Pity I can't wear them to work since I got the new job. If only they'd released an all-black version...

apparently so, but I'm in no hurry to get them.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PUMA-RE...ers-New/123234586556?var=&hash=item1cb15a8fbc
rather wear the V3's all the time since it's winter. Pity I can't wear them to work since I got the new job. If only they'd released an all-black version...

Yes, Winter. Even in my MAGs, my feet are still cold. Almost decided wearing the future jacket might be OK.

The stripes are hideous on those Puma Discs. I would have gone a very different way if I was designing that. Namely, I would have placed the disc in the normal spot and used a strap for the collar. Wonder how long before something similar turns up at the local store.

The motors that I was gonna use to have my v4's fixed didn't have enough torque, so they weren't gonna work. Professor Sneakers and I believe that the gears in the original gearbox stripped because it was an open gearbox and dust, dirt, grime got into the gears. So, he 3d printed a casing to go over the gearbox to keep dirt out. It fits perfectly with a nice click, completely sealed
0375b364dce3a5827fb360bcb69c3616.jpg
fe7ed9c7bd272ffce47a42248a00f7b7.jpg
063f413c15e54f3124a00a1e7fc958d9.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

i think no one is buying the v4s
sad

Because no one wants to spend $1400 on shoes that are basically guaranteed to break. Sure there are discounts every so often, but even those don't make it any better. The only way to make them decent is to have them torn apart and upgraded so at that point your at about $2000.

Because no one wants to spend $1400 on shoes that are basically guaranteed to break. Sure there are discounts every so often, but even those don't make it any better. The only way to make them decent is to have them torn apart and upgraded so at that point your at about $2000.

And there is still no guarantee that they won't break again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back