Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Newp!

We did get ours tested and it was fine. Actually that whole thing was blown WAAAY out of proportion by the media. Only roughtly 30% of the city residences were even tested...and out of those, less than 3% were found to be above safe levels.
Well, no - anytime a water supply to a major American city, it can't be "blown out of proportion." Especially seeing that fertility rates have dropped and fetal deaths have risen substantially. That's actually quite horrifying.

40% of Flint homes were affected because they have lead pipes (actually as they dig to replace service lines, they are finding more). When this all happened, Flint was operating without any corrosion control in the water system - which means all lead pipes were affected and could have had a release of lead. One home had water that was considered toxic waste.

Water testing was based on the standardized testing (90th percentile) - and it showed that water in Flint had lead levels above 20 pbb (10 ppb being the WHO safety threshold). Thankfully, lead levels have dropped to 4 pbb. But, as removal of existing lead pipes continues - it is possible that more lead could be released into the water supply.

I know if if was my home and my water we would continue to test frequently.

Apologies for taking things off course. :)

TLJ is a badly conceived, poorly written mess devoid of any logic or common sense and with far too many plot holes.

Did the resistance think destroying SKB would end the FO? If yes, then they were not the galactic threat we were told they were. If no, why did the resistance not expect retaliation? Why did they not prepare to leave D'Qar? Why did they not fuel all ships before evacuation? Why didn't they take fuel with them? Where were they going with such limited fuel? Was Crait their destination? It had very little defense to offer. Why drop out of hyperspace so far from planet?

Well, presumably, you send your fleet out and nuke a moon into oblivion - you generally get a couple days to celebrate. The other guys try to figure out WTF went wrong, who did it, where did the come from? go to? etc. It's not immediately they did it, here's there address, lets go.

The way TLJ picks up they're not even all back from the battle just yet when the FO shows up.

So, yeah, you expect retaliation, but not immediately. They way the presented it - even if Dqar was a temp base - wherever they landed afterwards would have been the immediate target.

As much as I have issues with TFA and TLJ, they are better than the prequels. I have been a Star Wars fan for over 40 years. My son is 9 and he loves Star Wars. He likes everything else, but he can't make it through a prequel movie with out saying dad, let's shut this off and watch it another day.

TLJ is a badly conceived, poorly written mess devoid of any logic or common sense and with far too many plot holes.

Did the resistance think destroying SKB would end the FO? If yes, then they were not the galactic threat we were told they were. If no, why did the resistance not expect retaliation? Why did they not prepare to leave D'Qar? Why did they not fuel all ships before evacuation? Why didn't they take fuel with them? Where were they going with such limited fuel? Was Crait their destination? It had very little defense to offer. Why drop out of hyperspace so far from planet?

Not to mention:

Why did they immediately assume the FO could track ships through hyperspace? It's absolutely NOT the most logical explanation, considering no one has done it before. A more logical assumption would be that they somehow got a tracker or spy on board, which they have done before. In fact it's a major plot point of the original movie: it's how they tracked them to Yavin.

I thought it was odd that the jumped to that conclusion to begin with, and even more odd when it turned out they were right. It was like the only reason they made that assumption was because like Spaceballs, they read ahead in the script and saw that it was true.

Not to mention:

Why did they immediately assume the FO could track ships through hyperspace? It's absolutely NOT the most logical explanation, considering no one has done it before. A more logical assumption would be that they somehow got a tracker or spy on board, which they have done before. In fact it's a major plot point of the original movie: it's how they tracked them to Yavin.

I thought it was odd that the jumped to that conclusion to begin with, and even more odd when it turned out they were right. It was like the only reason they made that assumption was because like Spaceballs, they read ahead in the script and saw that it was true.

Damn straight!
It was right there. Leia and Rey's tracking beacon. One leads the FO to the resistance. The other leads Kylo (with the knights in tow) to Rey and Luke and boom! It's on

And since there is no way in hell that they didn't know that crashing a ship into other ships at FTL speeds wouldn't cause absurd damage, after all, they've had FTL for hundreds, probably thousands of years and someone would have tried it before, why didn't they just crash the medical frigate into the FO ships rather than let it be blown up? It's just bad writing for the same of plot convenience. Rian Johnson is a terrible director.

Yep, a pic with Tran saying "What's not to love?" which is sweet, supporting a co-star. Then the hashtag made it antagonistic and baiting, which is less sweet when nerds pay all your bills.

Not really. If you have to antagonize an actor mercilessly on a personal level because you don't like a character, you really do need to get a life. Which is exactly what he's saying there.

I stand 1000% with #getalifenerds the fandom has reached a level that it should never have reached. Dislike whatever you like. Don’t be a jerk about it. I can handle the Legacy obsessors, tolerate the “it ruined my childhood” and even accept the TLJ hate as unnecessary as most of it is. When I see blatant sexism and racism towards a fictional character and it’s actor, that’s where I say enough is enough. The internet wasn’t as connected for young Anakin’s character to get noticed. But he was also not attacked over anything other than his acting and his role. Add to that sexism and racism for “fill in the blank” because there are so many of them.

It’s not right.

If she was being attacked and antagonized because of the character she played (or any reason) then of course that’s not right AT ALL. But I think we should all be very careful when bandying about words like racism and sexism. Was she being harassed because she was a woman, or just happened to be a woman being harassed for her acting/character as noted with Jake Lloyd? Same goes for her ethnicity. Was she being attacked/harassed specifically because she’s Asian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back