Show your custom Lightsabers!

Picked up a short 2 cell "Mecho" flash made by Peak a few days ago and combined it with a Graflite extension, a random plumbing part, a d-ring and some t track to come up with this:

20160521_110844.png20160521_110925.png
20160521_110917.png20160521_110943.png
20160521_111206.png

I LOVE that! This is where my heart is right now-- finding odd-sized, weird off-brnd flash parts to make sabers. Killer job.

Seth, Cool saber.

Don't know if you've read Aftermath but there is a small part where some hooded figures are bargaining to purchase what is "believed" to be Vader's saber. ;)

And you're right, the ROTJ stunt was a modified Graflex.

Last edited:
New here, and also new to saber collecting. Before I kicked things off with some decent replicas, I had some fun painting an old toy I bought to wear to the PT premiers.

Got this for about $12 back in the early 2000s:

vader_toy.jpg

and turned it into this:

vader_battle_relic.jpg

After that, I bumped into a $9 Kylo Ren at retail store:

kylo_toy.jpg

Had a blast crafted it into this:

kylo_relic.jpg

Printed a stand for it, and I almost like it more than my 'real' sabers :lol.

fallen-son-1.jpg

Don't know where else to ask this but does anyone know how to make a flash tube style clamp with minimal tools and experience?

A section of sink tube cut to desired length and perhaps a rectangle tube, solid rectangle bar, or c-channel. I made the below with sink tube, copper sheet metal, and solid rectangle using a tube cutter, saw, drill and files. You could add a lever too if you'd like. Just have to find one. The lever in the second pic is from a laptop. It's the release lever for the RAM...I think.

A pipe connector like Chasm has here plus one of Roy's upcoming clamp covers will make for some cool custom saber clamp action.

Question: thumbscrews with a flat surface, where do you find those? I've only been able to find those with holes for screwdrivers. Then again I'm mostly looking in sweden and europe...

Question: thumbscrews with a flat surface, where do you find those? I've only been able to find those with holes for screwdrivers. Then again I'm mostly looking in sweden and europe...

I've found them in several places. Unfortunately, the two main sources I use are US based suppliers. Others you may be able to find your way are tattoo machine parts supplies and lamp parts suppliers.

A section of sink tube cut to desired length and perhaps a rectangle tube, solid rectangle bar, or c-channel. I made the below with sink tube, copper sheet metal, and solid rectangle using a tube cutter, saw, drill and files. You could add a lever too if you'd like. Just have to find one. The lever in the second pic is from a laptop. It's the release lever for the RAM...I think.

[url]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/DarthChasm/DCLS-004/th_cbox3_zpshjnkxri6.jpg[/URL] [url]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/DarthChasm/DCLS-004/th_IMG_0953_zpstntgtedd.jpg[/URL]

Thanks, I'll try something like that!

A pipe connector like Chasm has here plus one of Roy's upcoming clamp covers will make for some cool custom saber clamp action.

Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but...who's Roy?

wannawanga.com
Roy is the guy tat runs it and posts here.

The clamp covers are for the TFA Graflex style, basically a label that goes over the clamp band that hides the Graflex brand name, but still has the line detail.

Roy is a very talented artist who makes and sells fantastic saber parts to the community.
Check out his site here:

http://wannawanga.com/

wannawanga.com
Roy is the guy tat runs it and posts here.

The clamp covers are for the TFA Graflex style, basically a label that goes over the clamp band that hides the Graflex brand name, but still has the line detail.

Thanks! I've heard about that but I've never actually been on his website. His stuff looks awesome! !

You use a metal brake for that? Or hand tools? I've seen patterns for the clamp, but I can't get my brain to understand how I'd do it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back