Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

001FAB long time. Welcome back.

The blur dye seems to be the answer to yellow soles. It is not perfect but it lasts a good 6 months and easy to redo as required.
87be480420e4f73585154e4b33415bda.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@001FAB long time. Welcome back.

The blur dye seems to be the answer to yellow soles. It is not perfect but it lasts a good 6 months and easy to redo as required. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171230/87be480420e4f73585154e4b33415bda.jpg

Thnx bro[emoji1420]. Those look great!
That’s maybe the perfect option for me if I buy a new pair of V3’s.
Especially if I can redo them afterwards when necessary.

How did your custom clear soles hold up to its color after a year?

Thnx bro[emoji1420]. Those look great!
That’s maybe the perfect option for me if I buy a new pair of V3’s.
Especially if I can redo them afterwards when necessary.

How did your custom clear soles hold up to its color after a year?
The colour was OK. The problem was the end if the sole where it wraps around the back of the shoe would spilt.

Right now I am working on V3 side replacement parts.

Images on my IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2neBojunF/?taken-by=cavx01
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5UR6iDOEr/?taken-by=cavx01

The parts look great and will be awesome if I can work out why one side keeps trapping air.

Right now I am working on V3 side replacement parts.

I know that after a while, the EL panel in the sole would eventually fail, because of flexing at the weak point between the 2 humps. I wondered if it may be possible to mould the clear part in a solid clear resin. This might cure the yellowing problem, but more importantly, protect the EL panel. As the back half of the shoe would be solid, there would be no flexing. They might be a little less comfortable and less grip on the soles, but should help considerably prolong the life of the panel.

Last edited:
001FAB Hey glad to see you back on this board ! But looks like you've been banned ?
It's because of you that I got my first and only V2 ! Thanks for your help :) Hope you're still here.
rubberpoultry did you asked david about the broken shoes ?

I did, he didn't have any. He said they're all good now.

I ended up getting V3s. They should be here on Tuesday!

How does one get banned? Don't want that.

@001FAB Hey glad to see you back on this board ! But looks like you've been banned ?
It's because of you that I got my first and only V2 ! Thanks for your help :) Hope you're still here.
@rubberpoultry did you asked david about the broken shoes ?

Hi all. Fairly new here. I've been reading about David Jones' V3 replicas and I'm very interested. Any contact info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Fairly new here. I've been reading about David Jones' V3 replicas and I'm very interested. Any contact info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Check out the official V3 MAGs thread. Details are on page 1

I’ve been working on updating my V2.1s. I had switched out the LEDs in my V3s, so I used those so I wouldn’t have to make a new set. I did put a resistor to make sure the LEDs didn’t overheat but I guess I didn’t use a strong enough one to bring down the brightness. Oh well!

e930e4ef2c700ae4f4cecbfaba4fcbf9.jpg
d71ff6795dedc18895a874d77b1b36a2.jpg
3fb3f69e9118bcafd21656e5df808db1.jpg

Those V2.1s don't look too bad. I was trying to find a pair of those before I got V3s.

They look great with the upgrades you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... it's interesting, those soles look more like the authentics than the V3s to do my eyes. That sharper bend looks nice.

Looks great! Very nice work, and looking forward to seeing it all come together. Where did you get this v2 shoe? I might need one for a wear pair!

I don’t remember the website. In all honesty, when I ordered these, I was actually wanting the V3s and they sent me those instead. My fault for not asking for pictures of the actual shoe.

An update on the shoe, seems I pulled a wire or something after trying the shoe on. The LEDs no longer turn on. And when I wear them, the EL flickers, so something is loose. Learned a valuable lesson, try them on without gluing everything down first!

Those V2.1s don't look too bad. I was trying to find a pair of those before I got V3s.

They look great with the upgrades you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... it's interesting, those soles look more like the authentics than the V3s to do my eyes. That sharper bend looks nice.
Out of all the replica MAGs we have had over the last 10 years, the MP MAG and V1 had the best profile shape of the mid soles.

Out of all the replica MAGs we have had over the last 10 years, the MP MAG and V1 had the best profile shape of the mid soles.

Sure would be nice if they got all of the things right in one shoe. The V2 soles seem have clearer soles than the V3s. The shape of the V1s had a better sole shape. Oh well. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back