Hoping for some advice on my first pepkura build.

Batman487

Hey guys! Ive been wanting to try pep for awhile now. Well I finally took the leap. I really wanted to do a Batman cowl but it looked super hard so I choose a iron man helmet. It didn't look much easier but it has bigger pieces. The file that I picked was MKVLL by darkside501. I've got it printed and I'm assuming it's best to get it all cut out first. But how do I know which parts go where? None of it is numbered. I'm guessin by mousing over the part and it shows where it's at on the 3d helmet? Any advice would be cool. Hopefully I'm in the right forum. Thanks guys.

You're definitely on the right forum. its a bit too late now but before you printed it you couldve added numbers on the edges of the pieces but that would only work well if the pieces had less sides because the numbers tend to overlap when there is too many sides, i cant exactly remember how to add the numbers but im sure a quick google search will help. but if you dont want to print and cut the whole thing again then i suggest you would often refer back to the computer to see where the parts goes by clicking the pieces on the 2d side and that should highlight where the piece is on the 3d model. extras, you should definitely cut and fold the pieces first that would just make the progress a lot faster. Good luck! on your first pepakura and just pe ready to push your patience :)

Thanks for the reply. I was playing around and found the edge id numbers... :/ I also figured out how to watch the 3d helmet come together on pepe. So I'm sure that'll help. I appreciate the reply. :) hopefully I can build this bad boy :)

Thanks for the reply. I was playing around and found the edge id numbers... :/ I also figured out how to watch the 3d helmet come together on pepe. So I'm sure that'll help. I appreciate the reply. :) hopefully I can build this bad boy :)

Pep with no ID #'s RUN! lol Not abd once you got going, i cut as i go, brakes up the process...Also, exacto knife and a flexible craft cutting board i found is my preferred way to cut, no scissors, i ruin small pieces with um.

Yeah I ended up re-printing with Id numbers. Man some of the folds on this thing blows me away. They are so small!!. Any tips on the folds? But I've got about 10 out of the 14 pages cut. If any of you guys have made a ironman helmet where should I start first? Maybe the front face plate? I really appreciate the tips. Btw Im using a exact knife and a cuttING mat :)

Yeah I ended up re-printing with Id numbers. Man some of the folds on this thing blows me away. They are so small!!. Any tips on the folds? But I've got about 10 out of the 14 pages cut. If any of you guys have made a ironman helmet where should I start first? Maybe the front face plate? I really appreciate the tips. Btw Im using a exact knife and a cuttING mat :)
you can fold it by using a ruler on the fold line then you fold it and if the paper you're using is decently thick you should score it (make a little light cut with the knife) and that will give a nice edge. Start anywhere on the helmet you'd end up with the same results anyway but i actually recommend start with the face plate because the moment you finish the face plate its like a nice little checkpoint where you get exited for finishing it

Hiya mate

You pretty much answered your own question there!
I found the best way was to have the Computer open when building & that way you can match the shape to where it goes on the onscreen helmet.

Hope this helps

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back