Indiana Jones Voodoo Doll - Tutorial - FINISHED !

Now that mine has gotten to the person I made it for, here's my first attempt. I couldn't find leather or a decent faux version, but I think the textured fabric I used worked pretty well. For the hair, I used wavy doll hair and glued it down in random spots to make it look ratty.
indycomplete1.jpg

indycomplete2.jpg

This is great stuff. Your Tutorial is top notch I will have to take a "stab" at it sometime in the future (ooh I know that was bad :p hehe)

- bish

Just finished my 2nd doll with the help of your fantastic tutorial! To be honest I wasn't very fond of the first one I built and so I sold it. :unsure
I think the second one came out just fine. :)
The head is made of birch-wood.

Thanks a lot for sharing this outstandig tutorial!:thumbsup

Attachments

• DSCI2166.jpg
    DSCI2166.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 450
I cant stop laughing :lol you made so a lovely tutorial how to handle it careful, assemble it with lots of love and at the end a crime scene photo, indy brutally murdered from behind :lol:lol

P.S. I will start tomorrow on mine!

Reviving this thread because I'd like to finish my voodoo doll, bit does anybody know the fabric used for the trousers? It doesn't seem to be said, what kind of "rough fabric" is it? I have some difficulties finding it!

Thanks

Another question,

Could you guys confirm to me the thread colour that had been used for the whip/jacket and trousers? For some reason, I see the thread to be green khaki or olive green. What do you guys think? :)

This is what I am at so far. I have spent around 3 hours sanding down Markpoon's head to make it the way I wanted it. Then I made the body, I am not attaching the neck part yet, as I don't know if I'll manage to fit the jacket as the body is a sturdy one made out of wood. Thanks Alan Castillo for this awesome tutorial by the way!

dsdzezq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic Emma !

I have an old chamois in the garage somewhere used to wash the car (read - going to replace mine with ready weathered trousers replacement this Winter :lol)

Alan, Thanks for the great tutorial!

I made one minor change since I didn't have any glue when putting this together the head is held together by wooden pegs.

But, I do plan to get some glue just to keep from loosing the nose.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back