Borderlands 2 Crimson lance/Raiders costume

i went on to google some red laserprotection glasses. found some at a site called Tmart. they cost about 10-20 dollars.... be sure to have some nice airflow in your helmet, if you don't, the glass will fog inside, makeing it hard to see..... i removed the nosetrills in the snourt of the helmet and put in some padding directing the air away from my eyes.

:D and thanks for the credit on the mask, it was a speed job tho, but... a wise saying, "once you stop finding mistakes on your projekt, STOP!...."

i went on to google some red laserprotection glasses. found some at a site called Tmart. they cost about 10-20 dollars.... be sure to have some nice airflow in your helmet, if you don't, the glass will fog inside, makeing it hard to see..... i removed the nosetrills in the snourt of the helmet and put in some padding directing the air away from my eyes.

:D and thanks for the credit on the mask, it was a speed job tho, but... a wise saying, "once you stop finding mistakes on your projekt, STOP!...."

Thanks, I appreciate the information, I like that quote you said, I'll add it to my list of quotes for prop making. Do you plan on doing anymore borderlands related stuff?

why yesh! :D once i get ripped i plan to do a MR TORGUE! :D and probely some more armored charcters...im a huuuuge fan of the borderlands world.. :D

So I finally got around to finishing the crimson lance helmet, I wanted to do it before the 9th of september because thats when I start college.
The changes I have done is adding the front nozzle thingy, lenses, "dry brush" and the paint line around the helmet.

Side view:

Front view:

Me wearing it :)

TBH, I'l probably remake it, this was pretty much just a test to see how well I can make foam templates for complex corners and curves.

Just wanted to say thanks for the unfold in foam. I dont play video games but work with a guy that loves Borderlands. I was talking about creating helmets and suits from foam and he asked if there was a Crimson Lance helmet. Lo and behold.....there was! Im a novice to building with foam, so I took some liberty with some of the pieces. My friend from work will finish and paint. Heres a pic of how it turned out, again thanks for the files!
5.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for the unfold in foam. I dont play video games but work with a guy that loves Borderlands. I was talking about creating helmets and suits from foam and he asked if there was a Crimson Lance helmet. Lo and behold.....there was! Im a novice to building with foam, so I took some liberty with some of the pieces. My friend from work will finish and paint. Heres a pic of how it turned out, again thanks for the files!
View attachment 277482

That's great man! I'm glad my foam unfold helped you, it's also good to know that someone understands how the templates work. The great thing with foam is, after making a few props out of foam, you get much better with it and you learn what works and what doesn't work. I would love to see it when it's painted.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back