Game of Thrones

Unlikely, if only because the dead don't tire under the weight of their armor, so the terrain advantages present at Agincourt that led to the French men-at-arms exhausting themselves before reaching the English vanguard won't be possible.

But yes, shoot them with arrows and keep your distance!
Yeah, I was referring more to Henry's longbows, but point taken. :)

Daenerys really needs to let go of the hopes of ruling all 7 kingdoms. The world has changed, birthright or not, and she has no idea about how politics work in Westeros. She never met a truly formidable foe in Essos, and leaned on the mettle of seasoned Westerosi men, Eastern muscle, and magical creatures.

Something else happened last night that no one is talking about. In Winterfell, Sansa is walking with Littlefinger, her maester and Brienne. She wants to know the longest winter in the last 100 years. The maester said he will look into it as Maester Lewin kept a copy of every scroll. Did you notice how fast Littlefinger whipped hi head around? I wonder what information he's worried about?

I'll have to watch that scene again. I definitely didn't catch that last night. Not sure off the top of my head what LF would be worried about, either. Though we did see a flash of the cat's paw blade in the preview for next week. That may play into this.

Unlikely, if only because the dead don't tire under the weight of their armor, so the terrain advantages present at Agincourt that led to the French men-at-arms exhausting themselves before reaching the English vanguard won't be possible.

But yes, shoot them with arrows and keep your distance!

Not to mention that the English really didn't kill all that many French during the battle but took tons of prisoners though, so many, in fact, that Henry was worried about an uprising as well as having to take care of so many prsioners and, as a result, had many of them executed instead of being held for ransom as was the usual practice back then. Basically, a man in full plate armor is pretty much immune to every hand weapon of the time and that includes the longbow. What might have happened is that the French cavalry/knights had their horses shot out from underneath them and so had to slog it to the English lines on foot while being pelted by a near constant rain of arrows. While their armor would have protected them it did mean that they would have had to have proceeded with their visors down to protect their faces at the expense of reduced air flow (breathing through little holes and slits) causing them to tire out even faster.

But he's not on her list?

I hope the show wraps up final season and she visits the Red woman after everything has been sorted. She ties up the loose ends. And maybe she gives the Hound a reprieve. I don't think she'll get to kill the Mountain...
Hoping Arya administers that justice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My wife came up with a neat theory that probably won't hapoen.

She doesn't think (or wonders if) Cersei wiped off all the poison from her mouth and then went on to poison Jaime, and thinks that will be what pushes him to be the one to kill her and become the Valanqar.

While I think she did, it would be neat IMO if that led to him killing her, and in the end knowing she was responsible for killing everyone she loved. While she isn't directly responsible for the death of Myrcella (Oberyn killed Oberyn and Elaria was blinded by her revenge just as he was). She never did rein in Joffrey so i do blame her for that, and Tommen was completely her fault. I could even see her hatred driving the decision in Tyrion's trial and resulting in the death of Tywin....bit of a stretch maybe lol

Maybe I just loved her long exposition about the poison during her villain's monologue and wouldn't mind seeing it bite her in the ass.

I've been wondering if Jaime would be the Valanqar, but never thought I'd see a good enough motivation to turn on her. Let's face it, if blowing up the Sept and being solely responsible for your son's If he was poisoned because of negligence,

I suspect it would take at least days, if not weeks, to get from King's Landing to Highgarden, were moving with an army. So I doubt Jaime got any amount of poison from her kiss. (Besides, Maester Qyburn would certainly have explained to Cersei how to properly use the poison before giving it to her.)

Be careful what you read out there on the interwebs if you want to avoid SPOILERS. HBO was hacked, and they're releasing bits and pieces of GoT. Supposedly the script for Ep.4 is out there.....

But he's not on her list?

I hope the show wraps up final season and she visits the Red woman after everything has been sorted. She ties up the loose ends. And maybe she gives the Hound a reprieve. I don't think she'll get to kill the Mountain...

The list has been subject to revision, and she hasn't gotten to kill everyone on it. Remember, Ilyn Payne was on the list at one point, and he's been absent from the show since Season 1.

My wife came up with a neat theory that probably won't hapoen.

She doesn't think (or wonders if) Cersei wiped off all the poison from her mouth and then went on to poison Jaime, and thinks that will be what pushes him to be the one to kill her and become the Valanqar.

While I think she did, it would be neat IMO if that led to him killing her, and in the end knowing she was responsible for killing everyone she loved. While she isn't directly responsible for the death of Myrcella (Oberyn killed Oberyn and Elaria was blinded by her revenge just as he was). She never did rein in Joffrey so i do blame her for that, and Tommen was completely her fault. I could even see her hatred driving the decision in Tyrion's trial and resulting in the death of Tywin....bit of a stretch maybe lol

Maybe I just loved her long exposition about the poison during her villain's monologue and wouldn't mind seeing it bite her in the ass.

I've been wondering if Jaime would be the Valanqar, but never thought I'd see a good enough motivation to turn on her. Let's face it, if blowing up the Sept and being solely responsible for your son's If he was poisoned because of negligence,

I personally believe Jaime is absolutely the Valonqar. I've revised my prediction about why he'll finally kill her, though, at least on the show.

Jaime's entire existence on the show, from literally the first episode to the present, has been about his love for Cersei. He can't control it, he can't control her, and even when he knows she's doing truly diabolical things...he still loves her in spite of it all. But it will be her actions that ultimately push him over the edge, and I think the action that does it will be Cersei taking Euron to her bed and pushing Jaime away. That, in turn, will lead Jaime to kill Euron, and then finally kill Cersei. After which, he might well kill himself. Or, hey, he might join the Nightswatch. Who knows.

But I do think it'll be Jaime who kills her, and it'll be because she's passed him over for Euron, who may, actually, be able to give Cersei what she really wants. Bear in mind that Cersei has always turned to Jaime because of her own loneliness. If Euron can give her more than just revenge, and actually be a true partner to her (or appear to be -- I don't trust that slippery ******* for a minute), then she might actually come to love him.

I suppose she might also take him to bed, poison him or otherwise kill him, and then Jaime still kills her.

The only other possibility...one that I actually think is maybe even more likely than killing her for sleeping with/marrying Euron, is if Cersei goes full-on Mad King. "Burn them all!" That sort of thing. Jaime will kill her for that, and we're starting to see the glimmerings of his understanding of just how unhinged she is.

I suspect it would take at least days, if not weeks, to get from King's Landing to Highgarden, were moving with an army. So I doubt Jaime got any amount of poison from her kiss. (Besides, Maester Qyburn would certainly have explained to Cersei how to properly use the poison before giving it to her.)

Definitely weeks, an army on foot back then wouldn't have marched for very long each day before calling a halt and setting up camp, say maybe 10 miles or so. Plus, I doubt that Cersei would deliberately poison Jaime, not now at least since he hasn't done anything (yet) to **** her off enough to give her cause to murder him. Besides, poison is not normally one of Cersei's first choices for murdering people, her Dornish "guests" aside, she tends to like more dramatic methods and is often not shy about letting her victims know that she did it.

Definitely weeks, an army on foot back then wouldn't have marched for very long each day before calling a halt and setting up camp, say maybe 10 miles or so. Plus, I doubt that Cersei would deliberately poison Jaime, not now at least since he hasn't done anything (yet) to **** her off enough to give her cause to murder him. Besides, poison is not normally one of Cersei's first choices for murdering people, her Dornish "guests" aside, she tends to like more dramatic methods and is often not shy about letting her victims know that she did it.

The AV Club's Expert review of GOT this week highlighted how baffling the flow of time is in the GOT world. Mostly we are now at the point where things just happen when they happen for the sequence of the story, rather than trying to hew to any coherent timeline and linear sequence of events. So, for example, Euron magics up a fleet of ships in the season break, all while Dany is sailing back to Westeros? Or did he do that before Dany even left? We don't know. Arya ends House Frey...but nobody really notices? Jaime is in one end of the country at the middle of the episode, and then is at the other end of the country at the end, but what's been going on in the meantime?

Nobody knows, and the show...just doesn't really care anymore, it seems. I'm falling into the show's perspective, ebcause it'll be too annoying to be nitpicking about when/how XYZ happened. For what it's worth, Martin has never been slavishly devote to the linear flow of time in his books, either, even back when the books themselves were more linear.

FYI when Cersei and Jamie are having their discussion the first time we see the map, She is standing on a part of Westeros called "The Neck" and he is standing on a series of inlets called "The Fingers"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back