Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but the reasons why it would be problematic in our community if true should be obvious. There are fan-sculpted elements to the RS kit, and securing a license from LFL wouldn't grant a licensee the rights to reproduce a fan's work. If there are claims that this suit is sourced from an original and they're including fan sculpted elements (I honestly don't remember reading that in regards to this one), it's a fair degree of false advertising as well. Not much adds value to a prop/costume collectible like having production-made or screen-used lineage!

Again, not saying which way this falls or what differences we may see between this and the finished product. I'm not enough of an expert on this armor to evaluate it either way to begin with. Best to wait for Anovos to chime in.

And that's the thing, isn't it? NOBODY is an expert on the ANOVOS armor at this time except ANOVOS and it will stay that way until either SDCC or winter (if they didn't bite off more than they could chew). Troopermaster is regarded on FISD as one of the best Stormtrooper armor producers right now so his 2 cents are definitely worth something to me. While the accusations may be a little early, the only way anyone will ever know FOR SURE that this is 100% an original mold is by receiving it and inspecting it - right now there's what, like 2 pictures of the kit untrimmed?

Also, I want everyone to consider that there are a LOT of recasters out there and even if this IS an RS Props recast, for $350 it will be the cheapest RS kit ever. I'm sure that TM is probably more invested in this situation since I'm pretty sure he had a hand in adjusting some of the RS molds (If my memory serves me correctly) so it would make sense that he would say something; it's a legitimate concern. How anyone could tell if it's a recast from those potato-quality photos is beyond me, but then again, if TM notices something then I'm at least listening to what he has to say and then passing judgement.

I stopped believing those that have own interests due to being involved by money/business a long time ago. Such comments without giving any real proof it´s true are nothing worth in my book, no matter who makes them.

And if his statements are not correct he should definately be punished hard for such lies. Maybe then Disney decides to go after him with their lawyers, giving him some uncomfortable time?

Ehhhhhhh I don't think they would necessarily have grounds to do something like that as TM armor is a fanmade sculpt with noooooo recast parts.

If they did that to just one armor maker then they would have to do it to EVERYONE producing armor, fan-sculpt or not, which would not go over well with the 501st, FISD, or many, MANY members on the RPF. It's unlikely, not entirely impossible, but I can't see Lucasfilm intentionally punishing a fan for questioning the origins of a new product. Also, after having read through TM's responses I do not believe that he is outright lying to anyone, he's just very convinced that it's an RS recast.

There's too much hype around the ANOVOS kit, I almost regret starting this thread 30 seconds after I saw that there was going to be a $350 STORMTROOPER ARMOR KIT OMG OMG OMG - It's cool, yes, and I'm sure that a LOT of people are going to be really happy with their purchases but I pre-ordered this based on price alone and after a lot of consideration, research, and pondering I decided to cancel my order and get a suit that matched what I was looking for more. At the end of the day I think that if someone is happy with what they get, great. If not, then just send a friggin' email to ANOVOS, they're awesome at responding through their ticket system and have never given me trouble. As for everything else, there's not really anything more anyone can do except hurry up and wait :)

A license usually works the way one party buys the rights to produce something from the right owner, On the other hand this right owner has to act against anyone that is producing the same item and hurts the sales of the licensed party.

And even if they hunt down all armor makers - i don´t believe much would happen. People will cry, and forget. Even if some don´t forget ... with only one seller they need to buy from him, or leave the game. :lol

TM is not questioning, he´s not only very convinced. He did not say "it might be a recast from what i see", he said "It is a recast of RS-Prop...."

It's a heckuva accusation to make. Reading through the posts hes pretty much pushing that he's 99.99% sure its a recast and basically spreading it as fact. I've got to say, its one of the whiniest, prissiest threads I've seen in a long, long time and I agree with Lichtbringer, I don't trust the opinion of someone who has a financial interest invested in Anovos failing. Once there is proof and items in hand or photos then throw those out, but to jump to conclusions already seems very bias. The elitism is...sickening, the talks of people finding out that its an RS recast (that is if it is a RS recast) is hilarious. Those people actually think whitearmor is the sole source for TK info or something along that line. I'm all for calling out a recast but people need to recognize where all this distrust is coming from and its not for all the poor souls with inaccurate armor that are only trying their very best to reach centurion status. Most of my friends bought the kit from Anovos because its a official company and its a cool costume. Many have never heard of the 501st, whitearmor, or even therpf. I believe in costuming in the items you love and enjoy, if I can get my friends into it at a reasonable cost, all the better. I've got a few items on preorder with Anovos, eagerly awaiting for them to actually start sending out SW related goods and will reserve my criticisms until they are actually deserved.

Wait, a guy who sells trooper armor is saying another maker of trooper is using recast molds?

This would be shocking news if I haven't already heard this every other year from just about every armor maker out there.

Anything to promote their own line and make the other guy look bad.

Hi - does anyone else have a 10% off code they can let me use? I'll give out the one I get as well if so. Hoping to purchase this by the deadline. Been deliberating a TK set for over ten years and finally going for it,

Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in here to talk about this issue. This was brought up to me recently so I figure chiming in would be of some value. Firstly, please understand, I need to be very clear on this topic : I do not want to recognize unlicensed armor makers or anyone blatantly infringing on the IP. To do so would carry with it severe consequence as mandated by our signed contracts. I am saying this broadly because I genuinely love and have always stood for protecting our community. I did not get into licensing to hurt our community but to expand it. So please, please please...do not ask me, EVER to comment on anyone who infringes on licensing. To do so would be to officially recognize an infringing entity and their infringing activity, and thus force my hand to take action with consequence which will do more harm to the community than good.

Secondly, in order to create the Anovos stormtrooper armor, I can tell you that fundamentally, our goal was not create the perfect Trooper, but one that was durable for costuming and accessible to all building skills as a upcoming do-it-yourselfer. The prototype team collected from all resources available, which also included our work along with our 3D scans gathered from the archives to selectively change or maintain certain aspects of the Stormtrooper. Through a combination of sculpt and 3D print, we created the masters with very purposeful alterations that will be used in the kits and full Stormtrooper armor that we proudly call the Anovos-made armor.

Now, if that explanation doesn't suffice, I sincerely apologize. But, as stated before, we stand proudly by our Golden Customer Service and without question, welcome your return of the $350 Stormtrooper armor kit and will give you a 10% coupon for your troubles. Just know such action is not reversible. Please email direct if this is the case and I can get moving on this quickly to rectify the situation : joe@anovos.com

Last edited:
I seriosly dought that Anovos would re cast any armor fan made or not. The way I see it they are officially licensed by lucasfilm/ Disney and to recast would just jeopardize their relationship with said companies- a relationship that is hard to maintain and even harder to get. I stand by Anovos and their super quality and I am very eager to receive this kit and troop with it. There will always be disgruntled people and you can't please everyone. If you don't like the product don't buy it. I for one like it and I proudly bought it!

Thanks. WAY too many sub-forums on that site. Lol! I had no problems with Troopermaster when he was here. He got accused of recasting Gino's helmet and was banned for changing his avatar to a pic of Gino in the cross hairs.

Check the last handful pages in this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/page-36

Don't know the dude, but that's a mega shot at the company. Better have your big boy pants on in this skirmish.

Don't really care either, just want my product orders to turn out well. Prices were right, pulled the trigger.

EDIT: personally, I just get a bad vibe from anyone called "master", "expert", "Head MF In Charge, etc....

Jose, can you go as far as to say that no unlicensed or potentially fan-sculpted kit parts were utilized in creating the anovos masters? That would be pretty definitive without acknowledging any infringing armor makers!

Thanks for chiming in Got Maul! I have faith :)
On another note, I don't see the classic trooper at the booth? When are you guys unveiling it?

8aWV4i9.jpg

Hey Doug,

We look at and analyze everything available to us to provide the most accurate piece to be approved by the licensor. Thus, it is not fair to say we don't ever use fan made assets as a consideration as we work toward our final pieces. You have seen this with us and Cal's help for instance on the AT AT project and Tie. In this particular case of the Stormtrooper, we also used Cal as one of the many resources, but I can confidently say that we've never simply recasted another set and passed it off as the final approved pieces for the manufactured run.

In fact, we've never shown the final piece, simply because were not done with making revisions. Everything we've shared, from the manufacturing pics in the newsletter to the one we are showing at this SDCC, are prototype steps to the final and are still multiple iterations away from being the final. For instance, any conclusions drawn off the helmet seen in newsletter pics would be erroneous since we've already changed the master twice since then and still have a few more to go the last time I checked.

So you can see why making accusations or conclusions on said pics are kind of misguided, since all we have shown for updates have been nothing but prototypes with still many "fixes and nudges" away from the final piece.

Last edited:
GotMaul:

I got in on this armor in the first tier, and can't wait. Thanks so much for these comments. It puts my mind at ease when it comes to source material. I guess the biggest question burning in my mind is whether or not the changes you've made to this armor will result in my difficulties getting approved to the 501st? The Legion tends to be pretty lenient when it comes to strapping and fitting mechanisms (things you can't see on the outside), but are these "durable" and "accessible" changes you mentioned above going to affect the look such that I'll have to make significant mods to get approved?

(I know, 501st approval is more about how the armor fits, but a big departure (such as with Rubie's) can be a problem.)

Thank you!

Bill

keepcalmvaderdestroy.png

So now I get visions of Vader saying "Don't make me destroy you" because none of us have seen the Final sculpts or know the manufacturing process.
Save your reviews till you finally receive the product because if you look at the delivery schedule, that's a lot of stuff all due close together.

Last edited:
Hey Doug,

We look at and analyze everything available to us to provide the most accurate piece to be approved by the licensor. Thus, it is not fair to say we don't ever use fan made assets as a consideration as we work toward our final pieces. You have seen this with us and Cal's help for instance on the AT AT project and Tie. In this particular case of the Stormtrooper, we also used Cal as one of the many resources, but I can confidently say that we've never simply recasted another set and passed it off as the final approved pieces for the manufactured run.

In fact, we've never shown the final piece, simply because were not done with making revisions. Everything we've shared, from the manufacturing pics in the newsletter to the one we are showing at this SDCC, are prototype steps to the final and are still multiple iterations away from being the final. For instance, any conclusions drawn off the helmet seen in newsletter pics would be erroneous since we've already changed the master twice since then and still have a few more to go the last time I checked.

So you can see why making accusations or conclusions on said pics are kind of misguided, since all we have shown for updates have been nothing but prototypes with still many "fixes and nudges" away from the final piece.

That's awesome!

But... when will you guys start shipping something??????

That's awesome!

But... when will you guys start shipping something??????

This is my concern. So far I love Anvos, awesome customer service, etc. but they have collected hundreds of thousands from fans and not a single customer has actually handled and even seen pics of the actual item.

As it was just posted they are all prototypes still being tweaked.

I think they are gonna be incredible but it would be nice to see and someone handle the actual product.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back