HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

With the step back in accuracy on the stitching it makes you wonder if they had a big batch of V2 rejects. Or perhaps it is simply easier to make them this way. Do the V2 elastic laces extend all of the way through to the sole? Maybe this version had to be stitched differently to use less materials. Has anyone flattened the laces on these yet?

With the step back in accuracy on the stitching it makes you wonder if they had a big batch of V2 rejects. Or perhaps it is simply easier to make them this way. Do the V2 elastic laces extend all of the way through to the sole? Maybe this version had to be stitched differently to use less materials. Has anyone flattened the laces on these yet?

From what I can tell, the V2 elastic laces do go right down to the sole.

If these HCs are rejects (I reject them anyway :p) from the 2012 V2 run, then that is a lot of waste recycling right there. I very much doubt they are rejects as the shoes are a completely different shape to the real MAG and the V2. These were made wrong on purpose.

@cavx I'm confused am I supposed to cut 3 pieces and stuck them together??

Correct. So the concave sections get laid over each other to line up (vinyl gets placed face to face) and sewn together. When you open it out, it forms a tunnel shape (with hidden stitching) which will fit over your foot. I am not sure why the 3rd part is there. The RD has this, but the V2 does not. As I said, I have the 3rd part, but ended up trimming most of it off for fitting. I actually think most of the 3rd part is what attaches the tongue to the shoe during construction before the outer shell goes on.

what do u guys use to clean the grey fabric? i just got mine and it has some dirt marks on one of them =\
Generally warm water and a cloth. Sometimes I might add a drop of dish washing liquid in the water. Don't soak the sboes and if ghe stain doesn't come out with that, it probably won't come out. There is sometimes glue marks on the fabric and they won't come out.

what do u guys use to clean the grey fabric? i just got mine and it has some dirt marks on one of them =\

I usually clean my sneakers (in general) with a toenail scrubber at a laundry tub. Drop a bit of dishwashing liquid on the sole, add water to the scrubber, it gets all the dust etc off the soles, then when they dry I can not worry about getting anything on the carpet if I'm going to put them on a little while before going out instead of straight away. For the uppers, once I've scrubbed off any dirt and rinsed it, usually just use a tiny drop of detergent on the sole, scrub that and work up the bubbles, and scrub the upper with that, but much more gently, and usually it doesn't even require any detergent, just a gentle rub with a wet toenail scrubber (especially for cloth uppers) but you sometimes can get a 'water line' if there is dirt and you don't clean the whole lot. The V2 uppers I've only had to use a wet scrubber, didn't want them to get too wet. Haha I just re-read all that and it makes me sound OCD. But then again, my sneaker collection is probably worth more than some cars so I figure if you're goanna own stuff you may as well take care of it, right?

I usually clean my sneakers (in general) with a toenail scrubber at a laundry tub. Drop a bit of dishwashing liquid on the sole, add water to the scrubber, it gets all the dust etc off the soles, then when they dry I can not worry about getting anything on the carpet if I'm going to put them on a little while before going out instead of straight away. For the uppers, once I've scrubbed off any dirt and rinsed it, usually just use a tiny drop of detergent on the sole, scrub that and work up the bubbles, and scrub the upper with that, but much more gently, and usually it doesn't even require any detergent, just a gentle rub with a wet toenail scrubber (especially for cloth uppers) but you sometimes can get a 'water line' if there is dirt and you don't clean the whole lot. The V2 uppers I've only had to use a wet scrubber, didn't want them to get too wet. Haha I just re-read all that and it makes me sound OCD. But then again, my sneaker collection is probably worth more than some cars so I figure if you're goanna own stuff you may as well take care of it, right?

That sounds like a lot of shoes.

Oh, btw...I went to try on some Air Max 90's. No-go, my foot does not agree with that shoe. I'm gonna skip the BTTF color-version.

Last edited:
Apart from the V2s I kept in box as deadstock I do wear them. I know it decreases the value and they're not worth as much as they cost to buy, but it's more a thought of 'I want that' every once in a while over a space of years rather than deliberate intent for a display collection. But the cost adds up over time..... anyway, as for display collections, that's what Masterpiece Transformers are for. :D (Oh, and the Delorian model, of course)
If AirAir has success with his Mr Fusions I might keep an extra set of them for display.... any luck with the factory yet, AirAir?

Apart from the V2s I kept in box as deadstock I do wear them. I know it decreases the value and they're not worth as much as they cost to buy, but it's more a thought of 'I want that' every once in a while over a space of years rather than deliberate intent for a display collection. But the cost adds up over time..... anyway, as for display collections, that's what Masterpiece Transformers are for. :D (Oh, and the Delorian model, of course)
If AirAir has success with his Mr Fusions I might keep an extra set of them for display.... any luck with the factory yet, AirAir?

You bet it adds up. I never really understood the whole 'sneaker collecting" thing until a few years back and now wish I had done the same with a few pair that I bought multiple of. Even when you buy from a factory outlet, the shoes will still cost upwards of $100. The only pair I kept all the parts in the box of is a of Jordan XX. They had a list price of $280 at one time and I kept dropping in to the closest NIKE factory outlet store watching each week as they were re-priced lower and lower I snagged them for $100. Awesome shoe with a similar design concept to the MAG. Just wish they were higher.

i dyed my soles blue with rit dye today what do you guys think? blue soles.jpg

Those look nice!
Good looking tip. How Did you flattened them?

I was thinking of buying the V2's and do a little modifying myself.
I think the major issues are:
- the tip of the shoes
- the Nike strap logo
- the side LEDs

Anyone some good pointers?
I'm new at this forum also I'm not sure if the v2 is the most accurate to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look nice!
Good looking tip. How Did you flattened them?

I was thinking of buying the V2's and do a little modifying myself.
I think the major issues are:
- the tip of the shoes
- the Nike strap logo
- the side LEDs

Anyone some good pointers?
I'm new at this forum also I'm not sure if the v2 is the most accurate to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the V2s are the more accurate version of the NIKE MAG.

There is a long mod thread HERE. Probably start at Pg 58 and then I think Pg 200.

Thnx cavx.
What about what I keep reading about some V3's ?
Which are those, the universal studios ones?

(Also how can I select your previous post and answer it on the app ?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thnx cavx.

The Universal licensed shoes are the HC Mags.

There is no V3 yet.

Thnx cavx.

When I post on this forum from my phone or tablet, I use the full web version of the site which features QUOTE icons. I am not sure if the app will have these or not.

Not to put all our eggs in one basket, the said V3 is a privateer venture. If he succeeds (and I really hope he does), we will have an even more accurate upper than the current V2s. The catch will be, no branding like the HCs. Nothing is for certain at this stage. The soles will be the same as used on the both the V2 and HC, just the upper will actually look like the real shoe.

The Universal licensed shoes are the HC Mags.

Do these shoes actually come with a certificate or anything to validate they are "licensed" or is just the print on the box?

When I post on this forum from my phone or tablet, I use the full web version of the site which features QUOTE icons. I am not sure if the app will have these or not.

Not to put all our eggs in one basket, the said V3 is a privateer venture. If he succeeds (and I really hope he does), we will have an even more accurate upper than the current V2s. The catch will be, no branding like the HCs. Nothing is for certain at this stage. The soles will be the same as used on the both the V2 and HC, just the upper will actually look like the real shoe.

Do these shoes actually come with a certificate or anything to validate they are "licensed" or is just the print on the box?

Thanks guys for the info.
It seems it's only possible to quote with the full web version.(too bad)

You mean that there will be no logos on the shoes then?

By the upper, you mean the little triangle shaped hole?

I'm not that handy, can I buy the shoes already modified with the EL panels in the soles?

Any suggestions where to best buy them?
I'm kinda new at this, only bought from ebay before.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back