Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Thanks for the kind words folks :)

Sorry there havent been any updates :$

We've had alot of rain over here & as a result I havent been able to keep on top of the gardening. This last week or so we've finally had some sun, so I've been on catch up. There have also been other things going on as well as me catching a cold & generally not feeling too great.

I'll be getting back onto Bob next week :)

Gods' buttocks!!!!!

........just ....just....sigh............

Incredible......i'm totally awestruck Leigh.

Rich

:lol Thanks Rich :)

Just a little update:

I've got the join between the head & the neck sorted on both parts:
483.jpg

484.jpg

So they fit together nicely now :) not the most spectacular update but its progress :)

Unfortunatly I'm going to be very busy over the next 3 weeks, so there wont be much going on here, but afterwards I can seriously think about getting the materials I need for the moulding :D

Last edited:
I'd call that spectacular. You're not only an artist, you're a damn fine technician too. Do you have any idea how few people could nail so many different aspects of this to this kind of standard?

Thanks for the great feedback guy's :)

Martyn, :) I guess I have had an opportunity with Bob to put to use some of the skill's I've aquired over the years working in the motor trade. The difference being I enjoy using these skills much more when I'm doing something like this with them :) I just hope they work as they're meant to at the end of the day :confused :lol

Alan, I think your right, as is Bob :lol I do need to get back up to speed but I've just got to get some stuff done first :)

Thanks again guy's :)

Havent been around for a while, but just wanted to say once more, how much I fancy this OUTSTANDING piece ;)

Every small detail you add and every little improvement (especially now at the backside) is just awesome fan adorement, which a hardcore ALIEN maniac like me appreciates atmost.

Thumbs up mate. You rock!

Hey Leigh, I found this picture of a Tom Spina restoration of some of the original costume parts. I don't know if you still need neck reference stills, but here ya go.

Alien-Movie-Costume-Display_1.JPG

Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Thanks for the kind words guy's :)
Sorry there havent been any updates, I've been very busy lately.
I have spent a few hours here n there on Bob. I've mostly just been working on the join between the head & the neck, trying to get a really good snug fit & I think I'm sorted with that :)
I'm now ready to get started on the small peice of throat that joins the neck to the bottom jaw, theres a 3" gap between the two atm. I'll make up a flexible peice that can fit in there & be removed easily for access to the jaw hinges etc.

I do have some pic's but my Photo bucket's messing about & keeps giving me error messages :rolleyes

MrSinistar, Thanks for the pic :) these ref pics are always usefull :)

Hi Leigh,

I'm just back from Switzerland where I visited the Giger museum... I wasn't allowed to take pics inside but mentally took some notes of what I saw of the underside of the lower jaw, then did this small sketch just after leaving the museum :

attachment.php

The part looked like something semi translucent painted black... and it didn't perfectly connected to the neck piece...

Hope it'll help...

Fred

Last edited:
Hi Leigh,

I'm just back from Switzerland where I visited the Giger museum... I wasn't allowed to take pics inside but mentally took some notes of what I saw of the underside of the lower jaw, then did this small sketch just after leaving the museum :

attachment.php

The part looked like something semi translucent painted black... and it didn't perfectly connect to the neck piece...

Hope it'll help...

Fred
Oh man you needed a spy Camera like one thats the size of a button Lol but good mental notes there.

WOW :) Many Thanks Fred :)

I'd love to go to the Museum, was it good? worth going to see?

I really do appreciate what you've done here, Thank you :)

I take it that the number circled is the number of ribs on the underside of the jaw (17)

I think I may have a few too many ribs under there, here's what I've got so far:
490.jpg

I count 15 ribs on mine.

Was the Alien you saw the one on the ceiling?

:)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back