Is the Joker a No-Go This Halloween??

The14thDr

Sr Member
I think most of us (or at the very least members in the UK and USA) have heard of the so-called "Killer Clowns". They wander the streets terrifying people. Some have been reported to be carrying knives and mallets, some chase people or cars, etc etc. In an effort to clamp down on the number of clowns wandering the streets (or in the UK at least), costume shops have to been told not to sell clown costumes, and people have been told to report any clown sightings to the authorities.

My question is this: What does this mean for Joker cosplayers?

The Joker is just that: The Clown Prince of Crime...

So what if people see a Joker cosplayer (maybe trick-or-treating?), get the wrong idea, and decide to call the police? It's a very real possibility, so it could happen.

What are your thoughts on this??

Kind regards, The14thDr

Nah the clown bull crap is all across Texas and Tennessee in the US too. They were walking up scaring people out in Memphis a couple weeks ago.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of throwing together a quick TDK Joker cosplay for this Halloween, but I'm concerned about whether or not I would get into any "trouble" (i.e. if someone mistakes me for a so-called "Killer Clown" and calls the police.) Is this a real concern, or am I just worrying too much? :lol

Kind regards, The14thDr

I'm thinking of throwing together a quick TDK Joker cosplay for this Halloween, but I'm concerned about whether or not I would get into any "trouble" (i.e. if someone mistakes me for a so-called "Killer Clown" and calls the police.) Is this a real concern, or am I just worrying too much? [emoji38]

Kind regards, The14thDr
Honestly, I would just go for it. I'm doing the same thing. Its halloween so it's obviously a dress up and as long as your not scaring the hell out of people I'd think you should be fine.

Im looking into throwing a Batman TAS joker together for Halloween btw.

Alex

I'm wearing a Leatherface mask and carrying a real (albeit with the chain removed) chainsaw. I think it will be a tad more scary than a clown.. I certainly don't expect to be stopped.

If you want to walk around as the Joker, go for it. If for some reason the cops stop you, explain that you are not a clown and are just a guy enjoying Halloween.

I'm wearing a Leatherface mask and carrying a real (albeit with the chain removed) chainsaw. I think it will be a tad more scary than a clown.. I certainly don't expect to be stopped.

If you want to walk around as the Joker, go for it. If for some reason the cops stop you, explain that you are not a clown and are just a guy enjoying Halloween.
Definitely would have done that if I had a chainsaw!!

Alex

@alexmiller1 @Mr Mold Maker:

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be going as the Joker after all! :lol Now that I think about it, as long as I'm not actively scaring people, I'm doing nothing wrong (and it's Halloween, so what do people expect?)

Thanks again for the input guys. I'll most likely create a thread when I start my Joker costume.

Kind regards, The14thDr

@alexmiller1 @Mr Mold Maker:

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be going as the Joker after all! [emoji38] Now that I think about it, as long as I'm not actively scaring people, I'm doing nothing wrong (and it's Halloween, so what do people expect?)

Thanks again for the input guys. I'll most likely create a thread when I start my Joker costume.

Kind regards, The14thDr
Great!

Good luck,
Alex

Honestly, the Joker isn't the type of clown that people are causing trouble as. I think the trouble makers are dressed as circus clowns.

I hadn't even thought about it this way, but you're completely right. In fact, the more I compare images of the Joker to images of traditional clowns, the more I realise that he actually doesn't really look like a real clown.

Kind regards, The14thDr

Exactly: the Joker is such a specific look, I don't see him getting mistaking for a "clown." I do feel sorry for the guys wanting to dress up as the ones from American Horror Story or It. I can see them getting some grief due to the news.

Successfully made it in and out of Chicago with no issues.
IMG_8637.JPGIMG_8639.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back