Justice League

The fact that they killed Superman off in BvS and are showing him in the posters for JL shows how clueless they are. Forget any kind of build up for the second coming of Kal El. Even if we know he's going to be in it... at least try to act like it's going to be a surprise.

The fact that they killed Superman off in BvS and are showing him in the posters for JL shows how clueless they are. Forget any kind of build up for the second coming of Kal El. Even if we know he's going to be in it... at least try to act like it's going to be a surprise.

wouldnt say clueless but idd the fact they first use a fan fav storyline as the death of superman only to be crammed into the very last part of the movie and to reduce the impact it should have makes for just bad decission making overall. I def found good in the franchise so far but unfortenatly too much bad aswell which is a shame :(

Yeah, remember when that dirt at the end of the film didn't rise, and didn't indicate that the kryptonian isn't quite done yet?

But please, continue to allow your (non)enjoyment to be affected by a single image... :(

They haven't mentioned him in any JL stuff, haven't shown him in nearly 3 minutes of comic con footage, haven't even hinted properly about his return, other than Zack, when asked about his hair length when he inevitably returns, saying very vaguely that it might be longer, who knows etc.

Because I actually enjoy and take seriously the story they are telling through Man of Steel to the end of BvS, and I allow the story to be told to me without loading it up with my own preconceptions, the sacrifice meant a lot - it pulled at me definitely. It's a great way (IMO) to bring a jaded Batman back from the depths of his psyche, and an excellent emotional peak for Supermans arc over these two films. Deciding to continue to be Superman despite the collateral damage that it sometimes entails through evil people, and a world that is quick to judge and hate (reflecting reality much?) and being so convinced of the idea that the world and humanity is worth it that he makes sure Doomsday is stopped, even at the cost of his life, the impending proposal, the normal life he could have led in seclusion with Lois etc. That meant a lot when I watched it, and the whole scene after is beautiful and poignant and sad. The score just before the sacrifice building up, and then the choir notes afterwards as Bruce, Diana and Lois deal with the immediate aftermath of his death was sublime.

I'm not going to convince anyone so I don't know why I'm typing it out. The magical thinking of DCEU fans I suppose... (nailed it)

Fawbish -- welp, Henry Cavill just posted this five hours ago on his Instagram:

14033627_1799958583575151_1087379938_n.jpg

Looks like we were pretty close. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Inquisitor Peregrinus haha I saw it, I almost squealed as an adult male. However, it looks like that is part of the S? I do hope they retain the silver S etc. But whatever they do, I'm fully confident it will look brilliant. The costuming department for these films is knocking it out of the park to my tastes.

Can't wait for the outcry from people claiming that Justice League superman is emo, goth etc "he dresses in black now too! so lame!" haha.

Did you guys see the fan art that depicted Henry with Aragorn style hair and a rough beard in the rain? It looked cool, though not certain if they will go to that extreme. I reckon hair will be slightly longer so that it's definitely not the neat Clark Kent look,after maybe 6-9 months in the ground, and we'll see a similar beard to Man of Steel.

I don't think they did, but do we know if the Superman suit was under his regular clothes when they buried Clark? Probably not, as it had that horrendous gash in the chest. But just wondering how the birthing matrix might come into play, cocoon him maybe, the cells that have kryptonian gene knowledge within them etc. It's a head scratcher. But they already know how they're going to bring him back, as I read an interview where they talked about not being able to do one (have him sacrifice himself) without the other (resurrection).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we sure he didn't just take a black and white photo of the blue suit? It's instragram, there are like 7 black and white filters for it.

That was my immediate thought, but I really, really have to imagine that Henry isn't as short sighted as that - especially considering he will have been involved in discussions for probably 2 years + at this point of how they were going to bring Superman back from the dead.

We knew Luke would be in VII, Mark shared set photos, he updated us... and boom what did we get? How about The Joker in SS? Of course we knew, but we didnt know how or for how long. Same goes for Kal. He may be put away healing for 2/3 of the film, in a chamber like Flashpoint but gaining strength instwad of losing it. Which then sets up the chamber for a Flashpoint scene. Speculation is all, but it gets your mind working :D

My question is, when Superman does return, how do they explain Clark Kent returning from the dead? After all, at the end of BvS it showed a small article in the Daily Planet about them losing one of their own reporters (Clark Kent).

Maybe they will just get rid of his secret identity who knows. Or they might give it a twist as they used before when there have been times when clark died or so they thought. Think they gave it an undercover explanation.

Maybe they can explain Clark's return as him being missing in action and just "presumed dead" only to mysteriously reappear having been buried under rubble or from a coma? They never showed an open casket with a body in it. The dirt rising may not have been caused by something in the coffin. I don't know much of the comics. Was Supes identity always a secret, even in JL?

Maybe they can explain Clark's return as him being missing in action and just "presumed dead" only to mysteriously reappear having been buried under rubble or from a coma? They never showed an open casket with a body in it. The dirt rising may not have been caused by something in the coffin. I don't know much of the comics. Was Supes identity always a secret, even in JL?

That's exactly what they did in the comics, lol.

They sure did show the body in the casket. At least his hands. And you think everyone in Smallville attended his wake looked at an empty casket, nope! They better figure out a way to explain Clarks resurrection the same time Superman reappears. Poor writing. But, I still loved BvS.

Reel

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back