My Warhammer 40k Bolter

00MrNotWrong00

Sr Member
I first saw the 40k space marines when I was like 10 years old in a dragon magazine (witch I thought was a dirty magazine) and I thought they were awesome. A lot has changed since then but one thing has pretty much stayed the same, The Infantry Bolter Gun.

5718950.jpeg

5690603.jpeg

I found as many pictures of the item as I could before I started and I even bought one of the miniatures. I had done a little vacuum forming at this point and I thought I knew enough to pull off a piece this size in one press. There was nothing left to do but start cutting.

6484232.jpeg

6504380.jpeg

I blew up the image to the size I believed to be correct and started cutting out plates to glue together.

6732784.jpeg

After about 40 hours I had it to a point I was happy with. Looking at it today I'm almost embarrassed of it, but it's all stuff that can be fixed.

6887746.jpeg

6898789.jpeg

The first presses didn't turn out to bad, but I didn't know half as much then as I do now. I'm really itching to get back to this item.

7242678.jpeg

7293836.jpeg

This first paint job was horrible, I ended up selling this item on ebay for like 80 bucks. The guy that got it thought it was awesome.

7550196.jpeg

Here is the new paint job, I'm very happy with the way this turned out. I think it looks very much like the one in this footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblxG3tqzmM
you may have to turn the bright up on your computer to see but by the end you get a few really good looks at the bolter.

I love this item and I plan on having the armor finished by DragonCon next year. Hope to see everyone there.

john

Good to see another person doing their own work. I always like seeing someone following through on a project. Hope this inspires others to take on a project.

:thumbsup

I will at some point have these available for sale, but I have a bunch of other stuff that has to be finished first. I just wanted to know what people think about the item at this point. Thanks for the kind words, for the most part I think everyone likes what I have here.

I will at some point have these available for sale, but I have a bunch of other stuff that has to be finished first. I just wanted to know what people think about the item at this point. Thanks for the kind words, for the most part I think everyone likes what I have here.

Becareful, The Games Workshop who owns the Warhammer name, put out a C&D order when a member here made and sold the helmets.. I purchased one, and about 2 years ago I tried to sell it on Ebay, and they came after me thinking I was making them...

Yeah, GW has attack lawyers like you wouldn't believe. Overall the bolter looked good at the prop party. I think if you do like you talked about and section out a few parts to simplify the pull then add them later you'd have a decent kit. It's a little on the large side for my tastes but definitly fits the heroic scale of the game. :thumbsup

Becareful, The Games Workshop who owns the Warhammer name, put out a C&D order when a member here made and sold the helmets.. I purchased one, and about 2 years ago I tried to sell it on Ebay, and they came after me thinking I was making them...

This stuff blows my mind. I've been told a few times that I could not sell my items because they look like what ever, and it made me angry.

These companies should be kissing our asses for bringing more attention to their tiered ass Ideas. I love making stuff and no one is going to stop me from doing what I want, life is way to short and if your not hurting anyone you should do what you love.

It's easy to get around these *******s and still have the people you want to see your item to see them. I'm not worried about any CDs and the next time I get one I'll send them a CD of my own. When paramount stopped my ebay auction way back in the day when I first started making those phaser rifles, it floored me. I could not believe that they had some one just sitting around looking for nobodies like me to bother. I had to find out what made them think they had the right to tell any one what they can make and what they can't. It came down to a few copy righted words.

I'm getting older now and I still have not made any real money. The most money I've ever made was when I was working for that tree company (man I loved that job), to think that these companies have enough money to pay *******s to sit around and make sure no one is getten their fingers in the pot kills me. They should be looking for people like me to make the next Iconic item. Not busting my balls over a hundred buck. **** YOUR C&Ds !!!!

I shouldn't be pittling around here trying to find some **** job so I can pay some bull**** bills, and end up getting scammed on ebay so I can't even use that **** anymore. This ****ing blows, this hole year has been a complete ****ing wast, I can't think of one thing that has gone right for me this year.
**** **** **** **** **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

OK I feel better now, hay there is always next year.

...more dakka! :love

The Skull Helmet in your gallery is to cool for words. What gauge is it and is it completely hand done or do you have a press or a mold or what ? That is to sick.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

There will be more dakka dakka after my DC-15 and my phaser are finished. This is as much time as I can put into this project at this time. I'll revisit this item at a later date.

The Skull Helmet in your gallery is to cool for words. What gauge is it and is it completely hand done or do you have a press or a mold or what ? That is to sick.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
Thanks, 12 and 14 gauge, completely hand done. And thank you. :cool

There will be more dakka dakka after my DC-15 and my phaser are finished. This is as much time as I can put into this project at this time. I'll revisit this item at a later date.
Kewl.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back