Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

Got my V2 unibody mostly complete! I made it as a hero version.
b287bbbd953eedcd3e500f5a17e26c5d.jpg
19dbef4850a413ccc420cc15dcbc4811.jpg

Might do a few of things yet:
- add bronze trim around activator switch
- add chunk of metal to hilt
- add details to side of switch
- gaffer tape on neck

And yes, that is a lightsaber in my pocket!
316dc5fa5b54cc50bcac8c3ad9ee9ec4.jpg

Last edited:
Got my V2 unibody mostly complete! I made it as a hero version.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/b287bbbd953eedcd3e500f5a17e26c5d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/19dbef4850a413ccc420cc15dcbc4811.jpg

Might do a few of things yet:
- add bronze trim around activator switch
- add chunk of metal to hilt
- add details to side of switch
- gaffer tape on neck

And yes, that is a lightsaber in my pocket!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/316dc5fa5b54cc50bcac8c3ad9ee9ec4.jpg
I really like how you've got all of the major Luke saber variants represented with this one saber. Totally paint the rails on the control box! You could paint the lever black, too. I've got a few spare sets of red and green triangles of varying sizes that I don't have much use for if you'd be interested. Very cool saber!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I really like how you've got all of the major Luke saber variants represented with this one saber. Totally paint the rails on the control box! You could paint the lever black, too. I've got a few spare sets of red and green triangles of varying sizes that I don't have much use for if you'd be interested. Very cool saber!

Thanks, PM sent.

Yeah, I think I will keep tinkering and adding details. I bought some brass L-strips for the activator trim/rails which are the perfect size but brass is sorta too bright, so will source some bronze/copper ones to match that color on the neck better.

Yes, this is sorta a mash up of different Luke ROTJ Sabers because I can't decide on just one!

You could always try darkening the brass in an ammonia vapor bath. Fill the bottom of a Tupperware container with some ammonia, then place the strips on some sort of elevated platform (a Nyquil measuring cup or something like that) so that the brass isn't directly touching the liquid. Place the lid on the container and let it sit for several hours. If it gets too dark, you can buff back the tarnish with some steel wool. Alternatively, doing several passes of dry brushing with a metallic paint (acrylic or otherwise) can yield some satisfactory results.

Do most people use a file to remove the pattern on the sides of the pommel cubes?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Sandpaper and steel wool for me in between soakings in oven cleaner

Well I need a new d-ring, that's for sure...

I will do a comparison with my AS version, but I think my D-rings are spot on!

Holy cow! I'm not on Facebook, are there any other photos? Looks like the emitter isn't the only thing dented.

This is the only picture, and this is the highest resolution, because he posted it as his profile picture.

Where's scottjua?! U can REALLY see what's he's been telling us this whole time about the neck not being black. Man it really stands out in this photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back