PropShop announces TFA Props!

Hi Seaniiie,
Were you working on Bladerunner 2? I'm curious to know if what I'd been told was 100% accurate - mainly the thing about having to go CGI as thee vehicles weren't usable or didn't even get made.. I believe my source is very reliable BUT she absolutely despises James Enright so I didn't know if she made it sound worst than it was.

Hi Seaniiie,
Were you working on Bladerunner 2? I'm curious to know if what I'd been told was 100% accurate - mainly the thing about having to go CGI as thee vehicles weren't usable or didn't even get made.. I believe my source is very reliable BUT she absolutely despises James Enright so I didn't know if she made it sound worst than it was.

Yes. I'm NDA'd, but what you've been told is definitely not 100% accurate.

1. I'm new to the board (obviously). Hello.
2. I stumbled across it as I was searching for more info on the SW Ultimate Studio Collectibles Edition
3. I've been watching that website as I ordered one of the FN-2187 helmets in June. They advertised that only 500 would be made so I was checking to see if they'd sell out.
4. All of a sudden, the link goes to the Star Wars home page so I started researching.
5. Yes, I've read most of the posts here.

Anybody have any intel on how many of the FN-2187 helmets got made? I've had mine on display but just promptly reboxed and crated it in case it becomes more valuable. My helmet was #46/500

Surprised they went out of business and sorry for those who wanted but didn't get their orders. Nice to meet everyone.

I mean realistically all of these Star Wars licensed props/collectibles go up in value once they are no longer available for retail. You might as well keep everything in boxes in that case.

As far as by how much? It's tough to tell. These helmets will be made by other companies or already have been. So it won't go up crazy in price. Things like the Kylo Saber and Vader helmet will because no one else makes a licensed version of these.

I mean realistically all of these Star Wars licensed props/collectibles go up in value once they are no longer available for retail. You might as well keep everything in boxes in that case.

As far as by how much? It's tough to tell. These helmets will be made by other companies or already have been. So it won't go up crazy in price. Things like the Kylo Saber and Vader helmet will because no one else makes a licensed version of these.

This may not hold much relevance on this particular thread, or conversation, but speaking of the melted Vader helmet, I took a survey for hasbro recently, and they asked about the interest level in a black series melted Vader helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not hold much relevance on this particular thread, or conversation, but speaking of the melted Vader helmet, I took a survey for hasbro recently, and they asked about the interest level in a black series melted Vader helmet.

I find it really hard to believe they would be able to produce a displayable version of it though. It's so just intricate and fragile.

I find it really hard to believe they would be able to produce a displayable version of it though. It's so just intricate and fragile.

I mean maybe not to the detail of super high-end screen accurate prop replicas, bput it's better than nothing. And at least it won't have a dumb voice changer in it lol. I'd definitely pay $60 to $90 for a black series quality one than what, $3000 for a prop shop one? Especially now that their product quality has been called into question.

You guys can bag PropShop all you want. I was lucky enough to get the Kylo Ren lightsaber and it was worth it. It's made by the same people who made if for the movie. You CAN'T get more accurate than that. It's so well made, hefty and it's a work of art. Nothing looks cheap about it in the least bit. I love it and sure as **** ain't gonna leave my collection.

After checking the pics, the only wrong thing I see is the reversed the bottom part, making the D ring on wrong side on a original graflex flashgun, probably the screen used prop.
What makes me think about it is the front is cut on a press like the real stuff but all replicas are cut differently, leaving a different cutting pattern.
Sadly, no pic of the bottom on the black background photos, it would be easy to know if genuine graflex or not, because on the unboxing video, seems there is no graflex marking on back.
The other solution I see is the propshop used genuine graflex for their saber replicas.
Is there any picture of the prop where we can see the cap?
If it was possibe to see the cap, it would be easy to compare with the pictures of original graflex provided by 3cell for production and I'm quite sure one of them is on these pictures on black background.
I see people telling the master replica elite is more accurate to screen used Luke than the -what I suppose to be- original prop to itself and if not, a s close replica it's really crazy.

I fond this article, not sure it has already been shared in this thread stopped reading on page 15 or so...

http://avax.news/fact/Buyinga_Piece_of_Star_Wars.html

awesome photos, and awesome stuff for working too...including a 3D prototyping metal printer with laser, I have been in a workshop with such a machine.
You can also see some rough kylo helmets showing the chrome plate is spare part like the BS helmet and a set of pictures of the original prop as references for the painter.

Last edited:
Aren't all the Marvel armor and helmet pieces for the films made with direct 3D printing? I remember, someone, maybe Ironhead, talking about that on a podcast. They mentioned it is very difficult to finish them but there are tricks. I believe they were SLS nylon though, which is very durable.

Sorry ive seen their high end replica TFA Rey lightsabers and its not that accurate.
For those prices they better be spot on.

Better bet would be to build one yourself.

Here is great source of information for everything Graflex lightsaber related.

If you scroll down towards the bottom they even how Info on the prop shop replica and how it is not as accurate as they claim.

http://graflexbank.com/viisabers.html#viiprop

i never knew of this site! they actually have my tracing i did of the antenna! very cool!

Here is great source of information for everything Graflex lightsaber related.

If you scroll down towards the bottom they even how Info on the prop shop replica and how it is not as accurate as they claim.

http://graflexbank.com/viisabers.html#viiprop

Yup.
They pretty mich nailed the basics of why its not accurate.

I just dont understand why they would advertise this as being exact to the original prop, with a pricetag of $1,200 no less, and then have a product with with blatant innacuracies.

Aren't all the Marvel armor and helmet pieces for the films made with direct 3D printing? I remember, someone, maybe Ironhead, talking about that on a podcast. They mentioned it is very difficult to finish them but there are tricks. I believe they were SLS nylon though, which is very durable.

The only direct print from Ironhead was on Civil War and it was the Black Panther Helmet. The majority of the armor and helmets were traditionally cast as they have been through most Marvel films.

Sorry for going off topic... They did do a beautiful job on it though!

IMG_0901.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back