Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

As far as I know the 5 foot Falcon has never been on display for the Identities Tour. It's only been the 32 inch falcon. The last tour that I'm aware of where the 5 foot was on display was the Where Science Meets Imagination Tour, which I was lucky enough to see in LA. But who knows they could change it up.

Edit: the photo documentation of the recent scans of the 5ft by Disney and Bandai all indicate that it's in the archive. I don't know how old those Bill George photos are, but those appeared to be taken in the archive too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

"the photo documentation of the recent scans of the 5ft by Disney and Bandai all indicate that it's in the archive."

Are those available somewhere? Like everyone else my pictures are from the model on tour (with colored or harsh lighting). Those Bill George images were fantastic, I'd love more if they are out there.

"the photo documentation of the recent scans of the 5ft by Disney and Bandai all indicate that it's in the archive."

Are those available somewhere? Like everyone else my pictures are from the model on tour (with colored or harsh lighting). Those Bill George images were fantastic, I'd love more if they are out there.
The Bandai photos were part of one of their press releases and videos. I'm not at home or I would share. I believe Disney was on the TFA bluray. I've only ever seen the 2 Bill George photos.

I was just browsing the Starship Modeler forums and saw this link:
http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/millenniumfalcon_72_standard.html

The Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon "Standard" edition. . . anyone else seen this yet?
A couple of the guys over on SM were saying it's going to be released with no lights or photoetch, and include only stickers instead of waterslide decals.

We have been talking about it here, in the Bandai release thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231077&page=188&p=4376306&viewfull=1#post4376306

Reefer White and Krylon Platinum Gray are very close to each other. It seems Krylon Platinum Gray is only for ships used in ANH. For ESB and ROTJ, Reefer White was indeed used on some X-wings. Apparently it was also used on the 32inch Falcon mixed 50/50 with Grime. Either way, they're all in the same ballpark for sure. 1976 Reefer White on the left, 1976 Krylon Platinum Gray on the right.

https://i.imgur.com/CuMnLg1.jpg

Insignia White is a close starting point. Vallejo "White Grey" 71.119 is "exact" pretty much, but, I think it looks too dark on a model of the sizes we work with. It's always good to lighten colors a bit the smaller scale you go, so Insignia White is a damn good starting point.

Thought you might be interested of a comparison pic-

Vallejo Air White Grey on left-
Vallejo Air Insignia White on Right-

The base is the Bandai Falco plastic-

fcf7ece5a623280e7bf148a47fb48c67.jpg

Looks like White Grey is pretty close to the Bandai Molded plastic.
Same values, just slightly warmer hue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, slightly related. In TLJ, the Falcon's quad gun mount is now back in it's ANH top position instead of being mysteriously mounted from below the gunport window as seen in TFA. Because reasons.

In case anyone was modifying their PG to accurately reflect the TLJ version.

Carry on.

BTW, slightly related. In TLJ, the Falcon's quad gun mount is now back in it's ANH top position instead of being mysteriously mounted from below the gunport window as seen in TFA. Because reasons.

Carry on.

Well I suppose Finn did Break it in TFA

J

Carry on.

I'll wager good money that unless they own more than one PG Falcon, the number of folk doing that mod is zero.

Man. Could you imagine the amount of work to turn the PG Falcon into a TFA/TLJ Falcon? Yeesh. I mean, a true conversion, not just slapping a bowtie dish on.

I've built almost all the parts needed to go the other way around, but only at 1:144 scale, which is a lot less work than doing it at 1:72!

Plus it'd seem criminal to throw away all that fine detailing in the pits and sidewalls!

Man. Could you imagine the amount of work to turn the PG Falcon into a TFA/TLJ Falcon? Yeesh. I mean, a true conversion, not just slapping a bowtie dish on.

I've built almost all the parts needed to go the other way around, but only at 1:144 scale, which is a lot less work than doing it at 1:72!

Plus it'd seem criminal to throw away all that fine detailing in the pits and sidewalls!

Yeah...all you need to do is stick on a load of unnecessary pipework to cover everything up!

J

Yeah...all you need to do is stick on a load of unnecessary pipework to cover everything up!

J

You're forgetting the new escape pod hatch and bay -- in the same spot as the landing gear bays. Which presents no problem whatsoever.

As far as I know the 5 foot Falcon has never been on display for the Identities Tour. It's only been the 32 inch falcon. The last tour that I'm aware of where the 5 foot was on display was the Where Science Meets Imagination Tour, which I was lucky enough to see in LA. But who knows they could change it up.

I'm pretty sure I read the 5 footer is supposed to be part of the Star Wars exhibit at the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, so I doubt it will be touring anywhere.

I'm pretty sure I read the 5 footer is supposed to be part of the Star Wars exhibit at the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, so I doubt it will be touring anywhere.
I hope it doesn't go anywhere. All the touring takes a toll. Plus as a Californain the selfish part of me wants it to stay home. [emoji16]

Who's used and/or has any pictures with the supplied decals? I'm on the fence.

Cheers

Ron

Edit- For the panels not the cockpit.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back