Infinity War Steve Rogers costume

Felt this was a plot hole/ logic issue... why would they create a prototype for Cap when he is a fugitive/ no longer an avenger and he'd given his shield back to Tony
Could have been something he was working on before CW. Or could be they(SHIELD/Avengers) have plans to replace Steve w/ a new Cap. Happened in the comics a few times.

Could have been something he was working on before CW. Or could be they(SHIELD/Avengers) have plans to replace Steve w/ a new Cap. Happened in the comics a few times.

That is kind of my take. I can see Tony replacing Steve with someone to take up the mantle. After all he claimed the shield in CW

That is kind of my take. I can see Tony replacing Steve with someone to take up the mantle. After all he claimed the shield in CW

True.
Would have been far more tantalizing if the line in the movie referenced that-
“Prototype shield for the new Captain America”
That would have made more sense.
Wait n see I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scales? Am I missing something?

Where his shirt is torn, it reveals the signature scales from the comics, something that most fans have been wanting to see on screen ever since the first Cap movie.

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 10.57.23 PM.png

Looks like cap is just wearing his Civil War outfit (with new harness) with the damage from the fight with Tony still on it.

That's probably pretty close. If the top half is the same as the CW suit, I can't imagine the bottom will change much. But who knows, he could be wearing jeans haha

I think it'll be a dark blue rather than black which the SDCC poster showed but is clearly just a filter. I'm gonna make this suit for infinity war release also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, I personally think this looks like some pretty bad promotional art. Could almost swear that Star-Lord's face is taken from another promo art from either GotG 1 or 2 that I've seen before, and Cap's face looks like it's lifted from a still in Cap: TWS. It's supposedly for merchandising either way, so I wouldn't expect the looks of these characters to be 100% accurate to the film. (i.e. Cap's hair and the blue in Spidey's suit)

Also, please don't tell me Star-Lord is coincidentally wearing the same shirt we last saw him in...there's a 4 year difference between Vol. 2 and IW, he can't possibly be wearing the same shirt on those two separate occasions!

Edit:
Case-in-point: Screencap from TWS, flipped and angled a bit in Photoshop. "Thought we wouldn't notice..but we did."
image.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.14.49 PM.png

Last edited:
They're in wakanda? thanks for spoiling
Spoilers for Homecoming if you haven't seen it, but...
when Happy Hogan was loading a plane with the Avengers' equipment, he mentions a "prototype for Cap's new shield." It could be the energy shield.

Or since they're in Wakanda, T'Challa may develop a vibranium energy shield of some sorts.

They're in wakanda? thanks for spoiling

How was that a spoiler? Have you not seen Civil War? It was my understanding, or actually everybody's understanding that Cap and his team have been hiding in Wakanda during the first credits scene of Civil War. It's not a spoiler for Infinity War.

Making Spiderman's suit blue my have been a practical artistic choice. The background he's in front of is black, so he would have blended into the background if he was painted black. It's not uncommon for artists to use dark blue to represent black for practical reasons. At any rate I wouldn't assume exact costume colors from art work. Sometimes art work is started before filming and is based on concept art not actual photos.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back