Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I've been having a LOT of luck going on Bungie.net forums to find people for Strikess/ VOG etc.

I can't get a team together to run the VOG FML.. The limited social interaction is horrible plus I'm new to PSN/console so I don't have many friends. I wish I could advertise at the tower that I am looking for a group of like minded folks. I'm completely missing out here raaah

I can't get a team together to run the VOG FML.. The limited social interaction is horrible plus I'm new to PSN/console so I don't have many friends. I wish I could advertise at the tower that I am looking for a group of like minded folks. I'm completely missing out here raaah

TBH, they should just do like the Strikes and do matchmaking with similar levels. I want to take on VOG, but it seems like I has no friends on PSN either. One of the friends that plays, doesn't anymore calling it and I quote: "A cheap knockoff of Star Wars". Where he got the idea of this game being anywhat remotely like to SW is beyond me.

So I'm still grinding gotta say I don't know why but I still like this game . I have faith that it will get more depth. I've mainly just been focusing on my Titan but need to grind up my Hunter and Warlock

Whats up guys...lvl 26 Titan...I run Defender. Although this game is just the flavor of the month to me, I will admit I was interested in running the Raid mission and did notice it requires a group of at least 4 to even consider beating it.

KINGMexicant on PSN if anyone is interested, but I am in Korea so the time difference may be a killer unless it's the weekend...

Yeah I started today and got to level 3 and the boots. Will grind tomorrow for the gauntlets. I scored the Gjalahorn today as a reward . Leveled up my pocket infinity. Love that thing

Whats up guys...lvl 26 Titan...I run Defender. Although this game is just the flavor of the month to me, I will admit I was interested in running the Raid mission and did notice it requires a group of at least 4 to even consider beating it.

KINGMexicant on PSN if anyone is interested, but I am in Korea so the time difference may be a killer unless it's the weekend...

Oh snap, we played together and opposed for bout an hour last eek and I didn't even know it. I've been absent from the RPF for a while but my PSN handle is Ghadrack as well, hope to see you online again. I'm running a 28/29 titan (depending on gear) 27/28 Hunter, or 28 Warlock. I've got them all set now with their min-maxed Yellow armor / weapons for each spec, just grinding out upgrade mats for 30 on each.

I love my Titan though, it almost feels like cheating when I'm having an "on" night.

Still running my Titan. I've stopped leveling my exotics this week due to the changes coming for the upcoming dlc. Don't waste your time right now..

I've been a level 24 for about a week now and I don't know what I shoul dbe doing. I just can't seem to get my light level up higher and I have been doing a lot of Vanguard lvl 24 fireteam missions.

Any suggestions where I should be going to get up higher, or does it just really take a long time?

I've been a level 24 for about a week now and I don't know what I shoul dbe doing. I just can't seem to get my light level up higher and I have been doing a lot of Vanguard lvl 24 fireteam missions.

Any suggestions where I should be going to get up higher, or does it just really take a long time?

XP Bonus for any and all missions including multoplayer. So alot of bouncing around.
Oh snap, we played together and opposed for bout an hour last eek and I didn't even know it. I've been absent from the RPF for a while but my PSN handle is Ghadrack as well, hope to see you online again. I'm running a 28/29 titan (depending on gear) 27/28 Hunter, or 28 Warlock. I've got them all set now with their min-maxed Yellow armor / weapons for each spec, just grinding out upgrade mats for 30 on each.

I love my Titan though, it almost feels like cheating when I'm having an "on" night.

Yeah, sometimes I feel pretty good running with the tank on vehicular levels. Dodging void balls or whatever they are is always a small miracle in that beast...:lol

Well, I'll try to add you this weekend, I am somewhat prone to soloing multiplayer, which I hate doing. And I switched my Titan back to his normal class, that shoulder charge cracks me up!

It's really all about Gear then XPing/Slotting your gear out. If you are 24 you would probably benefit from doing a ton of the available strike missions (Blues, Vangaurd points, Motes and Strange Coins) and PVP (Crucible Points) to Buy your purple suit of choice and save the Motes and Strange Coins to buy the armor of the week from Xur in the Tower on Friday/Saturday, but watch his inventory, he'll have different stuff from week to week, if you are playing a Titan I'd suggest waiting until he has the dual grenade exotic chest/breastplate, it is awesome.

After getting some direction and guidance from some friends I have finally found a great system to grinding up my Vanguard points. I've been spending SOOOO much time doing the Vanguard Tiger (and more recent since finally hitting 26 and 27 the ROC Missions) and the Vanguard payouts are OK, but at a cost of some extended time to get those Rep points. I have found doing the Vanguard bounties are MUCH faster in gaining those points, one of the best ones being the "do 6 patrol missions on _______" because first of all you get 50 VG for completing it, but you also get like 10+ points for every patrol mission you do, so in many cases with this one you can crank out those in around 20 minutes and with a total of 110 rep points! In comparison one of the recurring missions of the Archon Priest that pays out 25 points can take 20 minutes or more potentially depending on the difficulty. I've been spending less time doing those and more time into the bounties.

I'm about halfway to my commendation so that i can buy better armor, but I am finally out of my level 24 curse and in a short few days of casual play up to a lvl 27 now! Once I unlock the Commendation I can get more light armor and level up even more and eventually get into that VOG mission and do more of the Dark Below stuff I haven't been able to do much on my own with.

A lot of the bounties can be stacked as well for fast, easy vanguard rep. Fusion Rifle kills, kill 3 or more with a super, Blades of Crota on Earth, Hive blade kills, melee 30 without dying, 100 precision kills, and I believe a couple more can all be done pretty quickly on the stairs loop on the Cosmodrone right were you start out, and the basement area right behind it.

Also if you want to level up gear fast make sure it's equipped when you turn in your bounties. You can also pop a weapon telemetry before you turn them in as well.

Just started playing the game (PS4) a few days ago. After reading through this thread, I think I'm playing through the campaign a bit too fast. I opened up Mars at level 15 and I'm not sure if that's a normal thing or not. I've done only one Crucible match, the strike mission and patrol on Earth and that's it so far.
As stated, I'm wondering if I'm playing through it too quickly and how much I've missed. I want to do more PvP and while I understand level advantages are disabled, I'm sorely lacking in the gear department and I'm just curious if I should take more time doing things before continuing on the next story mission.

And if anyone is so inclined, my PSN is infymys (duh).

Storyline is severely lacking. You should do missions, multitask and do bounties, then bounce back and do more story and do strikes and raids whenever it suits you... I'm done with this game for the time being unfortunately.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back