Solo: A Star Wars Story

LOL
What a long, strange, winding journey this is turning out to be...

Funny thing is, if this latest "peek" isn't legit, then Disney & Lucasfilm really DO need to put SOMETHING out there for everyone to start chewing on...

The clock is ticking down those parsecs, boys and girls ;)

Let me tweak this image a little here....There you go. Perfect.

solo-poster-ingruber.jpg

Oh GOD! Not THAT argument again! :facepalm
Guys for the last time, just because this idiot looks like a young Harrison Ford does not qualify him to be the centerpiece and carry an entire major motion picture on his back! Yeah, so he looks like Ford and done a LITTLE acting. Big deal! All you people who think that he "would have been perfect for this part" are living in a dreamworld!

Oh GOD! Not THAT argument again! :facepalm
Guys for the last time, just because this idiot looks like a young Harrison Ford does not qualify him to be the centerpiece and carry an entire major motion picture on his back! Yeah, so he looks like Ford and done a LITTLE acting. Big deal! All you people who think that he "would have been perfect for this part" are living in a dreamworld!

Yeah, because the guy they did cast has such a long and distinguished resume to suggest he can carry an entire major motion picture on his back. smh

AI doesn't just look like Ford, he sounds like Ford, and is the same exact height as Ford. This was a colossal mistake, passing him over, in favor of a pipsqueak Spielberg met at a bat mitzvah.

And what's up with calling AI an "idiot"? smh again

The Wook

Yeah, because the guy they did cast has such a long and distinguished resume to suggest he can carry an entire major motion picture on his back. smh

AI doesn't just look like Ford, he sounds like Ford, and is the same exact height as Ford. This was a colossal mistake, passing him over, in favor of a pipsqueak Spielberg met at a bat mitzvah.

And what's up with calling AI an "idiot"? smh again

The Wook

The guy is an amature at best. NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever hang a multi million dollar movie on his shoulders. If YOU think hes got that much talent, I guess we can all thank our lucky stars that YOU'RE not in charge!
And yes, I called him an idiot and I stand by it. He was actually encouraging people to tell the studios to cast him! That clearly shows how stupid he is!

You clearly think otherwise. I couldn't care less. I've said my piece. I have nothing left to add.

The guy is an amature at best. NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever hang a multi million dollar movie on his shoulders. If YOU think hes got that much talent, I guess we can all thank our lucky stars that YOU'RE not in charge!
And yes, I called him an idiot and I stand by it. He was actually encouraging people to tell the studios to cast him! That clearly shows how stupid he is!

You clearly think otherwise. I couldn't care less. I've said my piece. I have nothing left to add.

Why are you screaming? Take a chill pill, fella.

The difference in AI's resume and AE's resume is so marginal, it's not even worth mentioning. They're both risky, in terms of experience. But so was Mark Hamill in 1975 when he was cast.

Sounds like AE is your boy, though. Perhaps you see something in him, the same thing Spielberg did.

The Wook

Well, admittedly, AE's resume is much more impressive than AI's, in regard to screen time and projects. But, AE still needed an acting coach, so they may as well have given AI a chance (even if it's normal to bring in a coach). Besides, AI has been getting rave reviews for his voiceover work of late. And that takes some acting chops. Just ask Mark Hamill. And don't give me the, "I don't want to see a 90 minute SNL skit", either. Because it wouldn't have been that way at all. If you want to see an example of that, though, check out Oscar Winner Tom Hanks as Ben Bradlee in "The Post". There's a film that could have been better with an actor who better resembled the real person. (A real actor, of course. ;))

You know, I've watched a couple of things AE has been in and I don't get the appeal, frankly. He seems pretty dull and not very magnetic. Which is crucial for Han Solo's character. So, just because you label him a "real actor" doesn't mean he's a good actor. And it doesn't mean he has real screen presence, either. Does Ingruber? Who knows? But, I would have liked to see that.

As I've said a hundred times, there have been lots of movies, Star Wars included, that were big productions casting nobodies in title roles. (Superman the Movie comes to mind.) So, I really don't understand the hate by many here over the logical casting of someone who looks and sounds more like Ford and (regardless of his skill level right now) is a working actor who could better embody the part to play Solo. If Disney would have at least let him audition and he tanked it, then I could forget about it. But, this film has had so many problems, including the main actor, that it's hard to ignore what might have been (instead of blindly following Steven Spielberg's advice. I'm looking at you, KK).

So, sorry again for beating a dead horse.....Okay, Funky. Let me have it. :unsure

Based on what we've seen and heard of Ehrenreich, it's not hard to reason that Ingruber could have done just as well.

Ingruber might not have the credits; but, has studied acting and is a developing, young actor. It might not be far fetched to think that his resemblance to Ford might be working against him and that might be why he's been doing more voice over work.

Ansel Elgort is also a noteworthy young actor that's on par with Ehrenreich as far as credits go - and actually has a look and feel that fits Han Solo.

Oh man! If we're driving down this dead end lane again it means that some official promotion of this movie is way overdue. We've already seen AI portray a young Harrison Ford character, which makes AE an unknown quantity.
A trailer featuring the 'new' Han Solo would quickly prove some of us to be right and some of us to be wrong. And 'some of us' includes you KK.

They had to get an acting coach for AE on the Solo set. I can't say I've ever heard of that happening before. Especially on something as major as a SW movie.
i believe it was dialogue coach and they are common. otherwise known as dialect coach...perhaps he had trouble with his accent....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back