(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Update time! All the front torso pieces have been puffy painted, so I'm stitching it all up together. Also, you can see how the colors change shade depending on the lighting. It's exactly the look I was going for :D The black bands are not rubber yet, they're just made of black spandex for the time being. I'll be doing the rubber bands when I get back home in January.

DSC_2231.JPGDSC_2232.JPGIMG_20171018_134905_951.jpg

I think I'm gonna have to go over the dark blue lines with some puffy paint too, they look a bit too desaturated for my liking but that's not really a necessary thing for now.

All I need to do now are the two blue back pieces and I can have the torso all finished!

Was so excited to stitch everything together, realized that I still haven't done the other arm lol. But everything's looking great so far!

IMG_20171018_213641_871.jpg

Thanks Mystery!

So I'm gonna need to go over the front torso part again with another layer of white and red. As you can see the front torso's shade of red is a bit darker than the one from the back, as well as the arms. This is because I didn't notice that I was painting the dots smaller on the front torso. I'm gonna do this when I've finished puffy painting the other arm since I just wanna get the whole upper body done for now.

DSC_2245~2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! Those look AMAZING! Im guessing that the lenses are from the hasbro flip up mask? I tried doing the same thing, didn't work out for me.

This thread ain't dead yet! I'm not posting much updates here since it's all just puffy painting. I've finished majority of the upper body, I just need to do the blue back and left arm pieces now. Also, after careful consideration, I decided to cut off the mask and do a detachable mask instead. I'm not a huge fan of detachable masks because of the way they bunch up around the neck but I thought about how much easier it would be to take off and how I can potentially do the half mask look. If you'd like to see the puffy painting progress, you can check out my instagram stories as I often post there about the puffy painting.

As you guys may know, I've been 3D modeling a lot of stuff for TJack. The first set of these are now available for purchase on this thread!

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=285123&p=4373277#post4373277

I made a lot more than that, but all will be available soon. If you have an instagram account, do follow him to reveal more of the stuff, his handle is "tjackfx".

Alright time for updates. The body is nearly done, I just need to do the boots. Perhaps with a new pattern as the one I'm using is a bit too tight.

9JHVgYP_.jpgjBCselsm.jpg

I've also just finished stitching up the new mask pattern designed by Alex Cerva. The lenses are temporary, I'll be using the new TJack frames and face shell.

oS6a_xmt.jpgxxD1offG.jpg

Huge round of applause for you on this project ! The care and dedication you put into this definitely shows and so far everything looks incredible. It's very inspiring. Hats off to you and all the work you've done. I am excited to see the whole suit once it's finished.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back