Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

what if the shaft it fell in in cloud city wasn't open or bottomless, just big? :)
Luke was sucked into a maintenance shaft, I figure most everything gets pulled down into a drain of some sort on Bespin, or at least from the central maintenance area they were fighting in.

If one wants to nitpick, Luke getting conveniently sucked into that maintanance shaft was pretty weak sauce, but back in 1980 a 7 year old me ate that stuff up and really didn't over-think it like whay is done today on the Internet about every little detail.

"Luke falling into that shaft was the last straw for me. Kirchner can't direct, total crap!"

LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the retcon today would be those smaller wall shafts where suction. catching any garbage that fell down the main shaft and pulling them in with suction.

like luke getting caught midway, the lightsaber got caught mid shaft and was found by a maintenance cleaning droid and saved as an unusual item. ;o)

so obvious. see, ican be a story group member too ;o)..but my sentence thought/type structure needs work :)

The necklace cord could also be woven from Darth Vader's boot laces. Or, better yet, the crystal is actually synthesized from the ashes of uncle Owen and aunt Beru, which the force knew, Luke would one day use to.. oh forget it. Nonsense.

I've often thought of scripting a sequel to Thelma and Louise. It begins with them waking up in the same car resting gently at the bottom of a canyon 30 years later. They have aged. It's 2017.

They have no recollection of what happened since the first film. The entire thing is somewhat borrowed from flight of the navigator.

They spend the movie trying to figure out what happened. It seems like some sort of weird conspiracy, until the climax of the film when they realize they went through a portal to another dimension. The final 10 minutes of the film is one big montage of what happened during the lost years. It plays out like a trailer for an epic adventure that we will never see.

That's what magical lightsabers feels like to me. Technically, it is part of the same story, but they definitely tweaked the genre

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Luke was sucked into a maintenance shaft, I figure most everything gets pulled down into a drain of some sort on Bespin, or at least from the central maintenance area they were fighting in...

I've always figured the shaft was there to prevent air pressure from building up in the central area, they open to vent excess pressure. Luke just got pulled into one.

No they wouldn't.

ESB earned it's stripes narratively and emotionally with any "plot devices" and this shaft thing is only brought up now as a calculated retro criticsm to distract from plot devices the new trilogy has that are not earned.

No they wouldn't.

ESB earned it's stripes narratively and emotionally with any "plot devices" and this shaft thing is only brought up now as a calculated retro criticsm to distract from plot devices the new trilogy has that are not earned.
You mean criticism of TLJ which hasn't even hit the screen yet?

I'm using the same criteria everyone is using; what's gone before, what we already know from one new movie and what we see/hear coming our way.

Those with a less than enthusiastic response than "can't wait!" apparently need to qualify everything they say in well written, considered responses with necessary caveats.

Those with a less than enthusiastic response than "can't wait!" apparently need to qualify everything they say in well written, considered responses with necessary caveats.

sometimes people don't even pay attention to that. they already see red and ignore everything you say with a pre determined response.
or are just so used to people praising them for their 'this is great' attitude, that they become brazen and insulting no matter what you write.

there are a few movie threads i can recommend avoiding for a while, especially if they turn out as terrible as people are thinking :)

although, that being said, there is also no need to be on guard ALL the time. sometimes it helps to re read responses and realize not everyone is out there to attack a less than favorable opinion :).

No they wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I admit I was reading this on the crapper and laughed pretty hard.

LOL. I love Luke really, I even have a Hot Toys Farmboy of him. I think he got some really rubbish lines though. Im looking forward to TLJ, i really hope they use Luke as a character, this might be the last time we see him. However if he stands in front of Snoke refuses to fight and cries "strike me down & ill be even more powerfull" blah blah i WILL walk out the cinema..

for at least a minute :D

The crystal things is the least problematic idea IMO. Like was said, crystals can be found through the Force, so there's no doubt Luke could easily find Vader's. Then the fact that it survived is plausible. Having it fall back to Endor is likely because it's in orbit so gravity... and we know the Force can make things happen so who knows if it was guided to where it would be found. I think that's more plausible then someone finding Luke's ESB lightsaber, which presumably should have ended up smashed in Bespin's core. Either of those is the least of my concerns on either movie.

This is right up there with the Vader's walking pace discussion on the Rogue One thread! :lol
There have been several posts talking about how the DS2 was in oribit around the Endor moon. If that were the case, orbital mechanics would have most of the explosion debris still in orbit. Newton's laws and all that. BUT, the DS2 was not in an orbit. It was geosyncronous above the deflector array on the moon, at an altitude far too low to be geosynchronous. It was being held there artificially, by repulsorlifts or similar.
Seeing that the pieces had no orbital velocity with the ground (at least, prior to the explosion), the incoming bits would have seen very little reentry heating. As somebody said earlier, quite a bit of the Columbia survived reentry - and it was traveling at orbital velocities prior.
Vader's kyber would have survived to the planet surface, if we assume it first had survived the explosion. Heck, his whole saber could have possibly come down mostly intact.

The necklace cord could also be woven from Darth Vader's boot laces. Or, better yet, the crystal is actually synthesized from the ashes of uncle Owen and aunt Beru, which the force knew, Luke would one day use to.. oh forget it. Nonsense.

That's just ridiculous. Darth Vader doesn't have laces. :lol ;)

Remember Empire? Wasn't it great that there wasn't a macguffin or a superweapon? It was just an incredibly organic story about struggle and relationships.

Well, we did have the Executor and a space slug :)

Just kidding, your totally correct. Story NOT driven by a super-McMuffin. The good writing (less Lucas in this one), direction (Kirschner), acting, musical score and technical artistry made Empire shine.

Well, we did have the Executor and a space slug :)

Just kidding, your totally correct. Story NOT driven by a super-McMuffin. The good writing (less Lucas in this one), direction (Kirschner), acting, musical score and technical artistry made Empire shine.

Let's leave the magical macguffins for the MCU. star wars is a space opera on a grand scale.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back