Falcon Kits?

Archive&Future

Sr Member
So I'm really after the full landing gear kit that's listed on Falcon Kits Home Page

BUT I've noticed that the last time it was updated was 2010. I emailed them but...no reply yet. Does anyone know if they're still actually around or what?

Thanks in advance, Will

Can't comment on whether they are still around, but it looks unlikely.

If the kit is no longer available it seems the hardest part to reproduce would be the PE shrouds. You could scratch most of the other stuff in styrene and brass and try Starship Modeller for the PE. They still list these shrouds as an add on for the FM Falcon in both 1/72 and 1/144. They are out of stock, but I've found John at Starship Modeller very helpful in finding out when / if things can become available.

You could also inquire about them in the Junkyard. Perhaps someone bought a set and decided later to display their Falcon in flight.

TazMan2000

Can't comment on whether they are still around, but it looks unlikely.

If the kit is no longer available it seems the hardest part to reproduce would be the PE shrouds. You could scratch most of the other stuff in styrene and brass and try Starship Modeller for the PE. They still list these shrouds as an add on for the FM Falcon in both 1/72 and 1/144. They are out of stock, but I've found John at Starship Modeller very helpful in finding out when / if things can become available.

I was originally going to order the PE baffles from SSM, but then when I saw that Falcon kits did the full set including ESB boxes...well I mean it made much more sense to go with that. If Falcon Kits really have just dropped off the map then I suppose I'll go back to my original plan

You could also inquire about them in the Junkyard. Perhaps someone bought a set and decided later to display their Falcon in flight.

TazMan2000

Yeah I was thinking about that...I may do it. I'd still like to know what happened to Falcon Kits.com...

Thanks you both

Jack Smith (Falcon Kits) is a school teacher, and sometimes hard to reach during the school year. As far as I know, he still produces the kits, but it may be a while before he responds.

Jack Smith (Falcon Kits) is a school teacher, and sometimes hard to reach during the school year. As far as I know, he still produces the kits, but it may be a while before he responds.

Aha! Well I've no idea how the American education system works, but regardless I bet he's one busy guy. Thanks, that's what I needed to know

i have ordered a complete upgrade kit from Falconkits back in 2003. in this time he has made regular updates on his site, and officially took orders. i received my set in 2006 if i remember correctly. email contact was VERY hard and slow.

i have ordered a complete upgrade kit from Falconkits back in 2003. in this time he has made regular updates on his site, and officially took orders. i received my set in 2006 if i remember correctly. email contact was VERY hard and slow.

Hmmmmm...I'll keep that in mind then. I don't really want to spend over 18 months on my Falcon, I doubt I have the patience to wait 3 years for a kit haha. Okay well I'll bear all these things in mind

I can only go by personal experience, and they took my money and never sent the upgrade kit. I emailed him dozens of times, he gave me a story about how he was dying ect. Long story short, he never sent out the kit I payed for. My advice is do not send him any money.

the guy should just shut his site down and somebody should just do up some kits and take over the demand(not that they'd make a big stack of money, mind you).

I can only go by personal experience, and they took my money and never sent the upgrade kit. I emailed him dozens of times, he gave me a story about how he was dying ect. Long story short, he never sent out the kit I payed for. My advice is do not send him any money.

Right...hmm sounds dodgy. He did get back to me a week or two ago saying how much it would cost, I emailed him back asking whether he'd want payment before or after making the kit. At any rate, I've worked out other plans for the kit that are actually cheaper, so I wouldn't go to him now anyway

the guy should just shut his site down and somebody should just do up some kits and take over the demand(not that they'd make a big stack of money, mind you).

I dunno, maybe not shut down but at least keep it updated to some extent. There does seem to be quite a demand for falcon upgrade kits.

I am actually thinking of putting together small kits, I've been contacting some photo etch companies, and I've got molds and resin so...if all goes well, we might see a small batch run of kits

Yep.....EXACT same story he gave me numerous times. I paid over $120 for the full upgrade kit from him in 2011 and I STILL have not seen it. He told me several times that it was shipped, yet I never saw it and he supposedly never got it back. I even provided him my correct address on three different times. Got the same stories of living with severe back pain after an operation, bad breakup with his girlfriend/wife/whatever...and then no contact whatsoever.

Jump forward 3 years to today, and this is what is posted on his site:

"NEWS: Hi folks - I was hit by an e-mail virus about a month ago, and though I thought that I'd completely removed it from my system, it appears I was wrong.
[h=2]I've received a LOT of e-mail and replied to it all, but no one replied, and I've just been told that it's because none of my replies are being received. I'm setting up a new e-mail tonight (likely gmail), and will begin re-replying.

Please - if you didn't get a response, wait until I post the new e-mail and send it again!

Thanks!"
[/h]
So there you have it....he is basically putting it out there that he can't control anything in his life, and apparently has no intention of keeping up with people who do business with him, or have intentions of honoring his commitments. I know he says he is a teacher and all, but I am a teacher as well, and I still manage to get everything I need to do done during my day. If I kept my principal waiting 3 years for something, I would be fired 2 years and 11 months before that time ended. I sent him an email last night telling him to enjoy the free $120 and that I no longer wanted his upgrade kit, or a reply back as I have no desire to be fed yet another slew of lies or excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Looks like my experience with Jack Smith (Falcon Kits) is the same as everyone else.
Seems that it's just more recent. Last e-mail I got from him was in March 2014, just after I paid him for all his kits. Cockpit/Side walls/Landing gears.
Since then nothing...Except his web site saying he's got some e-mail issues. I tried to send some e-mail but no answer.
Anyway, I would say like Lucas723 and just hope that Mr. Smith enjoyed the $125 I paid him.

It would be nice to see new kits on the market for the falcon. Mainly cockpit and gears as Jack Smith was the only one to make them.
Hopefully Haystack Hair is working on releasing new kits for the falcon :D

Hi everyone,

Looks like my experience with Jack Smith (Falcon Kits) is the same as everyone else.
Seems that it's just more recent. Last e-mail I got from him was in March 2014, just after I paid him for all his kits. Cockpit/Side walls/Landing gears.
Since then nothing...Except his web site saying he's got some e-mail issues. I tried to send some e-mail but no answer.
Anyway, I would say like Lucas723 and just hope that Mr. Smith enjoyed the $125 I paid him.

It would be nice to see new kits on the market for the falcon. Mainly cockpit and gears as Jack Smith was the only one to make them.
Hopefully Haystack Hair is working on releasing new kits for the falcon :D

Hmmm. It seems like your experience is all too common nowadays. :(

TazMan2000

Yeah, well. Like I said, hope he enjoyed the money. At the end of the day, if he doesn't send the kits to his customers...there's a saying : What goes around, comes around !!!
But enough about that.

For those who would be looking for Millennium Falcon after market kits.
Blue moon is still producing some for sidewalls and Millennia Models International for the Engines grille details. And it's available for different scale depending on the Falcon you're building.( AMT, Fine Mold...)
Ordered them via Starship Modeler website. Excellent service received there.
And the kits are just nice. Really good quality resin.
Such a shame that Blue Moon doesn't do a kit for the Cockpit and Gears.:cry

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back