Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Bladerunner didn't make the expected money when it came out... neither did the sequel.

Both must be garbage - that's not anyone's opinion... it's fact.

It is FACT that Bladerunner is garbage cuz it was a boxoffice bomb.

Facts.

Ya know who else was reluctant to accept the destiny being forced upon him--shrinking away from it because he was afraid to answer destiny's call? A man by the name of *****, who told his Father he didn't want to be crucified--that there must be another way. *****' weakness, there, in the Garden of Gethsemane, was a "flaw" akin to the one you're attributing to Rey.

Well, my dear, yes...Rey is about as flawed as *****. Thank you for making my point for me. ;)

The Wook

Wait... this is all weird.

***** is the ultimate Hero's Journey... And the point was ***** was flawed because he was human... So aren't you saying Rey's NOT a Mary Sue, or are you saying ***** is?

Do you really think the actors, the writers, directors, KK, etc are going to admit to making a terrible film and injecting it with their toxic, polarizing, SJW agendas? Slapping an OT fan base in the face by destroying beloved characters in the most disrespectful and deplorable ways..? Really?

And who gives a flying F that KMT is an Asian female!!! Ruin J, wrote and directed TLJ, he made the decision on how that character was written, looked, and portrayed! And KK allowed it all.

It isn't even that particular character that makes TLJ suck. It's the majority of them as they were written and dirrected by an idiotic fool, who clearly doesn't understand Star Wars nor comprehends it's vast and diverse fan base. The only character I can think of that had a good part was Poe. The rest were pathetic.

I feel bad for Ron Howard having to piece together Solo from a mess and have to try and deflect people not wanting to see his film because of TLJ. My son and I walked out smiling from Solo, and we were talking about it. Sure it's got problems (Solo casting), but I felt it was a FUN ride overall. But again who hired the first two to dirrect it in the first place? KK did. Not to mention the younger Kasdan should keep his pie-hole shut. Total fool.

There are definitely one or two people here who have a very loose working definition of the words 'objective' and 'fact'

***** is the ultimate Hero's Journey... And the point was ***** was flawed because he was human... So aren't you saying Rey's NOT a Mary Sue, or are you saying ***** is?

It was a head scratcher for me too, not to mention the parallels to Luke.

No, you're weird. :lol

I was quite clear. ***** had one flaw--his reluctance to fulfill his destiny (on the cross). Rey shared that flaw--a reluctance to fulfill her destiny. And that's about it. Pining for her parents does not count as a separate flaw.

The Wook

Okay....

Name checking *****? Check.
Believes in a Hollywood gay conspiracy? Check.
Has a personal scale that is considered fact and a metric to judge everyone? Check.
Blames things on "SJWs"? Check.

...and to think I was laughed at when I said it was easy to determine where some people lay politically based on their Star Wars posts.

Okay....

Name checking *****? Check. You got a problem with *****?
Believes in a Hollywood gay conspiracy? Check. Not conspiracy. A secular progressive culture of groupthink.
Has a personal scale that is considered fact and a metric to judge everyone? Check. Nope. My imperfect SWIQ is measured against the absolute SWIQ, just like everyone's is.
Blames things on "SJWs"? Check. When applicable, you betcha!

...and to think I was laughed at when I said it was easy to determine where some people lay politically based on their Star Wars posts. I didn't laugh. I already knew it was true.

My comments in blue.

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe it’s some one sexually attracted to cooking ware.
Or droids.

Yeah, when it was first introduced to me by that guy who cost Disney tens of millions of dollars by needlessly applying it to the Star Wars universe, I thought it was some kind of weirdo kitchen fetish, with the rise of "smart" fridges etc, maybe it still could be.;)

Isn't the pansexual thing just another instance of a creator being asked "could *Character* be gay?" and the guy going "yeah sure, why not?"

Now suddenly everyone is up in arms.

I hope there's a sequel and Han and Lando straight up bang it out.

And Han shoots last.

Do I have a problem?

I’m a liberal pansexual non-practicing Jewish Hollywood screenwriter.

A "non-practicing" Jew, you say? Well, I'd suggest you begin practicing, and hit up the bar mitzvah/bat mitzvah circuit in Hollyweird, where Spielberg can discover you and place that call to KK: "Kathy, I'm at the Rosenpenis bar mitzvah--I've found our new Indiana Jones."

You know, it used to be a dream to work on a SW film. I have no interest inm acting, but it was a fantasy to be able to write one. Not anymore. I got enough hate-mail from writing a franchise horror prequel, if I wrote a Star Wars film with my **** lefty commie agenda I’d probably have to put a kevlar vest on my kid, move to a bunker, and never go on social media again.

You know, it used to be a dream to work on a SW film. I have no interest inm acting, but it was a fantasy to be able to write one. Not anymore. I got enough hate-mail from writing a franchise horror prequel, if I wrote a Star Wars film with my **** lefty commie agenda I’d probably have to put a kevlar vest on my kid, move to a bunker, and never go on social media again.

No social media, huh? No worries, you and Rose could hang out on a bench feeding the pigeons in Lake Hollywood Park.

I find myself debating that bit about abandong social media all the time already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back