Battle starship

Fantastic!

Thank you!

(y)thumbsup:popcorn !!!

:$

Never disappointed. Fits nicely in style with the landing gear. Well done!

Elevator cage should not look like a bank deposit tube... :lol
The very fact that I had this run through my mind means it will not be used by your own decree! Right? :angel

Thanks for the good tips for me.
I love that bank deposit tube!

iQMXho3.jpg

i2H8XcR.jpg

eIAEYlX.jpg

uc1kUUv.jpg

katsu

Fantastic. Was it ever popular in Japan to have elevators play cheesy background music? In the US, it tended to be quiet, instrumental versions of popular songs. I could see the Cyclops' elevators playing toned down versions of "Ride of the Valkyries" or "1812 Overture" or some other military-themed tunes... ;)

That would make for a great scene in a movie. You follow a member of the crew as they board the elevator before liftoff, and the elevator is playing a quiet version of "Girl from Ipanema." The ship immediately lifts off and begins combat operations, and the the song gradually changes from jazz to a warlike march version of the same song... :D

That would make for a great scene in a movie. You follow a member of the crew as they board the elevator before liftoff, and the elevator is playing a quiet version of "Girl from Ipanema." The ship immediately lifts off and begins combat operations, and the the song gradually changes from jazz to a warlike march version of the same song... :D

It will be rather a very dramatic scene.:D
Also, it may need a women's voice, 'Ding! Floor 10. Hard wear department.'

Stairway to heaven - For the freight elevator ? :lol

It's sounds like nothing auspitious.:(
Red Zepp.... How old are you?

I can't thinking of this awkward scene

https://twitter.com/theorville/status/928852766620971008?lang=en

"...we should get some music in these elevators..."

:lol Sure you do.

Here's a cargo loading ramp.

It's the back side of the ramp.

P5tlO4V.jpg

Here's a top side.

H5majjS.jpg

oSkhHCl.jpg

Sliding ramp.
HRHrPAS.jpg

As I said before, it goes here.

CSXZ5Mb.jpg

koXc5IF.jpg

turn over and see.

j9sdUty.jpg

hRoGRgz.jpg

RiO2CQp.jpg

9Y9Hml1.jpg

8jBfrWc.jpg

wVksAJQ.jpg

SlQXP9F.jpg

BmfI9Wq.jpg

3fkQAR8.jpg

L9jthLR.jpg

NfCcKBG.jpg

KUjeDYc.jpg

dHBYeey.jpg

Thank you very much for looking.

katsu

Saw the first picture and thought ...and of course it will extend out and work, knowing Katsu. Then I got to picture 4 and of course there it is. :thumbsup

Superb craftsmanship my friend!

That is one major step for the little guys on this ship to walk up. Now for the crawler to haul the cargo up the ramp. :lol

Looks good. Reminds me of the millennium falcon ramps a little bit.

Thanks, Michael-san!
Saw the first picture and thought ...and of course it will extend out and work, knowing Katsu. Then I got to picture 4 and of course there it is. :thumbsup

Superb craftsmanship my friend!

That is one major step for the little guys on this ship to walk up. Now for the crawler to haul the cargo up the ramp. :lol

Here comes again!!

Thanks!:lol

That would have taken me at least a week to design, probably a week to build (with all the 2nd and 3rd attempts,) and it STILL wouldn't have come out looking that nice...

You are too much underestimating yourself. tom-san, Thanks!

Lovely, just lovely.

Thank you, sir.

Awesome ramp

it will look great with those little cargo loading vehicles and containers you will now have to make for the ship :p

Definitely needs to build cargo, vehicles, more people, Katsu-san you need to keep this going a little bit longer

OK,OK,
When I built the Planet Explorer a few years ago, I thought I build the small vehicle that may be able to contained in the cargo bay. I built it way about 3/4 and it has been deserted on the shelf of my work shack. This time it is not bad to build the things like that.:rolleyes
:rolleyes

:)

:confused

:unsure

:(

:angry

Now I am trapped again. That was a good cordinated set up.
You guys are really good at make me buy yours.:facepalm

Thank you very much!!!

Admiral Katsu Ackbar.

Last edited:
Admiral Katsu Ackbar is on to us! He can't get a reading on our thoughts and suggestions voiced or unvoiced. He knows its a trap!

Now to sit back at the top of my tower and watch the creativity unfold... or more appropriately... fold. :popcorn:popcorn

Going through a lot of popcorn here... :D

Admiral Katsu Ackbar is on to us! He can't get a reading on our thoughts and suggestions voiced or unvoiced. He knows its a trap!

Now to sit back at the top of my tower and watch the creativity unfold... or more appropriately... fold. :popcorn:popcorn

Going through a lot of popcorn here... :D

The complexity and detail on that cargo ramp is amazing. Well done!

Thank you, my friends.

Now I'm spending a numerous time to catch up on graphic editor on PC and struggling for paint scheme.
I've grabbed the basic scheme and I can go on to a test coloring soon.

pdKMII7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

j3fBlhP.jpg

gL2XeiF.jpg

1YUm0Gg.jpg

R7afRjh.jpg

:)

Katsu - san ,

I’m trying to recall if you mentioned something about a Squid being part of the inspiration for this design ?

If that is the case , and you’re still planning to paint over the metal finish , would you consider a camouflage paint scheme for Cyclops ? .
After all , squids , octopi and cuttlefish are known for changing their appearance / coloration . It would be an advantage to meld into the background for a battleship in space .
Or possibly utilising the ( broken - jigsaw ) camouflage techniques used on real battleships during WW2 etc ... but with a futuristic twist ?
Just a few thoughts ;) .

Anyhoo , I’m sure that whatever you eventually decide upon will be brilliant anyway !

:cheersGed:thumbsup

Last edited:
Black with different colour greys on individual panels or sections for the ship
what other colour can you camouflage against in space other than black, as GED said above, your decision would be brilliant

Orange, yellow, and blue color scheme. :D No one would camouflage a battle cruiser with those colors. Best plan ever as no one would suspect till it was too late. In deep space it would not matter as there is little light to reflect what the colors are anyway.

Seriously, whatever you come up with will, true to form, surprise and delight us all. Back to munching popcorn. :popcorn

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back