Saw this paint and thought it was interesting

Interesting - he obviously has some beef with Anish Kapoor though... 8-0

That's related to the Vantablack thing I think - Anish Kapoor has exclusive rights to use of it in an art context. No idea what I'd do with the Stuart Semple paint, but it looks really cool so I've ordered some. I wonder if it's airbrushable...

That's related to the Vantablack thing I think - Anish Kapoor has exclusive rights to use of it in an art context. No idea what I'd do with the Stuart Semple paint, but it looks really cool so I've ordered some. I wonder if it's airbrushable...

Ah - right. makes sense. Sounds interesting stuff and just about worth a punt at that price. Says it can be diluted, so ought to be airbrushable....

I wonder what the original consistency is and how much you can thin it before it loses its flatness. But even if it has to be hand painted on, it would be great for light blocking and eliminating reflectivity.

TazMan2000

I'm wondering what it would be like as a base for chrome paints.

From what I've seen, chrome paints require a gloss base to get the chrome effect. I suppose you could spray over with a gloss coat, but that may change the properties of the paint that a chrome overcoat requires.

TazMan2000

I thought the same thing what would I use it for. Also I found several YouTube vids on how to use the stuff.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back