The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

BEWARE, Star-Lords.

On ebay, an RPF-known scammer is starting to offer Star-Lord gear. Currently he goes by the name Loganprops and jimloganfx. The gear he sells is just recast copies of stuff like xcoser helmets. Please avoid.

Read all about him here. Specific Star-Lord gear talk starts around page 70-71.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=184584

It's almost saddening just how deceptive his IG is. He looks like an awesome propmaker. But he isn't.

so two things, 1] I have a "thebestjackets" volume 1 jacket. how do I go about weathering the parts that aren't leather? I wouldn't want to mess something like this up.... also there was talk about some 3d printed shells that would go over the new Disney blaster to make them the right size? anyone know if that happened?

Interesting revelations about the young quill backpack:
I have ID'd the final two patches.
This is a dolphin:
dolphin.jpg
And this is a football:
football.jpg
Don't believe it? Look at this pic:
evid.jpg
The id-the-patch game has ended.
Here's a composite of how it should look:
jf.jpg
Oh, and Coop are you retromusement on ebay? He is selling tapes that look identical to yours.

- - - Updated - - -

And YES, it is the green leather-bottom, The pics are color-corrected to show actual color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Various photo's of me over the years in my Star Lord outfit....

It was a version 1 with standard ants since on a convention day I do 3 different characters over the day at a convention.

My current outfit is a mix of V1/V2 hope you approve :)

Yorkshire Starlord 28092016a.jpg

13902750_10154340968932394_1075748226527671550_n.jpg

Star Lord Yondu2017_low res.jpg

Starlord_LJ_Cine2017.png

so two things, 1] I have a "thebestjackets" volume 1 jacket. how do I go about weathering the parts that aren't leather? I wouldn't want to mess something like this up.... also there was talk about some 3d printed shells that would go over the new Disney blaster to make them the right size? anyone know if that happened?

Not sure exactly what jacket that is, but you could check this topic out.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249365

It has an auxiliary input on the bottom so you can connect it to your phone and play whatever you want. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but you can add your own recordings and one-liners from the movie, etc. I think it's a pretty cool buy for $25.

It's shorter and thicker than an actual tps-l2.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/miniboombox2.jpg

Hey Soulinertia. Where did you get the vinyl stickers for the "Sony" , "Walkman" , and arrow?

Yeah, sorry it's one of Danny's. has anyone weathered one of his? Any advice for the fabric parts?

Oh, that jacket. I don't know if I would weather it at all because the movie jacket is really clean, except maybe the red/blue badge. But that's my own personal preference.

At least one person did a sort of light bleaching to the bottom of the back of the jacket to simulate how the real one fades to orange. I can't remember if that was discussed in this topic or Danny's jacket topic if you want to read up on it.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share the design for my jacket, right now I'm just missing the screen printed parts to have the prototype finished but check it out! Couple of details are missing but the prototype already has them.

Danny
4e916404de7636b8ceb9b09e734df40d.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back