Bandai release schedule

IMG_4963.JPGIMG_4964.JPG
My birthday present...

Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.

:eek ive never even seen that film lol

If Disney want to know why they are not making money: Disney latest Jack Sparrow Hot Toys in the US $264 which i think is a fair enough price.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/disney-jack-sparrow-hot-toys-903044/

In the UK £305 thats...50% MORE at $400 !!!!!!!!!! for a product thats made not in the US but in South Korea!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/224288-...men-tell-no-tales-action-figure-jack-sparrow/

Maybe if they sort their distribution networks out they might have more people collecting LOTS of toys from their movies, instead of being completely ripped off and not buying anything in future.

Time will tell.

personally, I really enjoyed The force Awakens and LOVED Rogue One, but Knowing Disney as I do (I've worked for them, twice, for about a total of 9 years) no matter how good a movie is, the real money earner for them is the merchandise. The Movies are basically commercials for ancillary products and if they can get Pixar to make c*ap like Cars 2 just to sell toy cars, then the Star Wars universe is by no means free from interference.

Just to make it clear, the Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.

Read this if you want an idea of how much influence Disney has over their property.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/how-pixar-lost-its-way/524484/

Some good points there. Although I will say that Star Wars and selling merchandise have always gone hand-in-hand. Whether it was cereal or action figures, it's always been an integral part of Sw's existence. Let's not forget it's also a huge part of what allowed Lucas to stay independent and make the films he wanted to make. At the moment I trust KK and Lucasfilm to do what's best for the franchise without alternative motivations. Of course the ability to make mountains of cash is always a motivator, but Rogue One wasn't exactly pandering to the lowest common denominator, or even a safe bet, and I think it's a good sign that they're willing to take risks. Hiring Rian Johnson for EP. VIII comes also across as a creatively imaginative choice with sound motivations to me too. Disney seem to recognise SW is not just any franchise, at least in the meantime. Things might change in the future though, so as you say, time will tell. I'm optimistic.

Apologies for going so OT!

Last edited:
Some good points there. Although I will say that Star Wars and selling merchandise have always gone hand-in-hand. Whether it was cereal or action figures, it's always been an integral part of Sw's existence. Let's not forget it's also a huge part of what allowed Lucas to stay independent and make the films he wanted to make. At the moment I trust KK and Lucasfilm to do what's best for the franchise without alternative motivations. Of course the ability to make mountains of cash is always a motivator, but Rogue One wasn't exactly pandering to the lowest common denominator, or even a safe bet, and I think it's a good sign that they're willing to take risks. Hiring Rian Johnson for EP. VIII comes also across as a creatively imaginative choice with sound motivations to me too. Disney seem to recognise SW is not just any franchise, at least in the meantime. Things might change in the future though, so as you say, time will tell. I'm optimistic.

Apologies for going so OT!

You know?,...You make an excellent point that I hadn't considered in my "Oh my god disney owns Star Wars!..the sky is falling! hysteria.

R/O was a good movie and mostly devoid of too many "cutsey" parts or disneyesque, "the lightsaber called to you" stuff!...heck! ALL the characters die!

I would NEVER have expected that from disney!

So maybe you're right!.....maybe, just maybe,....there is room for a little optimism!

OK!...OT rant over!....I now return you to Bandai release schedule:D

I think that is why they gave him Rocket Jets in the prequels- he had to do a lot and no way he could just roll around to get there.
I bet half his bleeping is cursing the mechanic that decided to remove that feature...

I liked the Complete Visual Dictionary that said his rockets were out of warranty and couldn't be repaired. That's why he didn't use them in the OT. :lol

Modded the AT-ST's just a bit, I added the "tendon" on the back legs as they are lacking and I posed two walking for the diorama. One will be stock posed as that will be on the "vehicle" display self by themselves. I just did a simple rotate of the leg for the pose, I'm sure I could have got more creative by cutting it a part and what not, but I'm not doing it at this scale and this seems to work.
dFiitKy.jpg

pY5EKlk.jpg

jmdTFJ6.jpg

I2cuj8A.jpg

Again, these are quite photogenic to take pics of and can show a lot of attitude by the simple tilt of the head and what not.
Lynn

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back