Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Glad you picked up on that Snikt. It was intentional. While, yes, there are many who self-identify as SJW who are insufferable twits, it seems like a lot of people use the label to indicate anyone who doesn't subscribe to their particular way of thinking. I'm more than happy to listen to dissenting opinions when there is more behind them than "Oh my god, I feel threatened because the lead doesn't look like me anymore!" I've tried being nice about this, but I'm tired of the hyperbole being passed off as fact and unlike some, I will take the time to find actual support for my counters.

If anyone doesn't like it or feels like their poor delicate sensibilities are hurt by it, as Neil has so helpfully pointed out multiple times... the block function works just fine.

Sorry, hard to pick up on sarcasm on just text. Im not speaking for anyone but myself, but the only problem I had, as I mentioned before, was the chirrut character. Other than that, Im all for diversity in films, women, people of color etc. However, I DONT agree with putting in a character, or scenes, just to cater to a specific country, China in particular. It worries me for the landscape of film, studios essentially whoring themselves out to get that yuan. Not only that, but now China owns AMC (which is the largest theater chain in NA), and I think Legendary pictures now, or at least a portion of it. If youre not bothered by that, you should be, but hey, some people dont care about that stuff sooo....I could just be wasting my breath. Incoming @Bryancd post! Hit the deck! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree that less attractive people would be nice...I don't mind seeing them on screen :).

However, I'm fat. I want more john candy's and Rosannes(from what I remember of the show) and less mellisa mcarthy's and Chris Farley's ;o).
What the hell man you dont like Chris Farley either?! Tommy Boy?! Come ON! :confused

Last edited:
However, I'm fat. I want more john candy's and Rosannes(from what I remember of the show) and less mellisa mcarthy's and Chris Farley's ;o).
You got Porkins - and that other pilot in R1. What are you complaining about?
Well ... they got shot to pieces. But you have Jabba.
Well ... he was slovenly, grotesque, hedonistic and was choked to death by a skinny girl.

Never mind.

Incoming @Bryancd post! Hit the deck! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell man you dont like Chris Farley either?! Tommy Boy?! Come ON! :confused

you can almost sense when they are going to come in and denounce you as evil and hating, can't you? ;o) and then they wonder why you have them on block :)

I never cared for over the top gross out humor or over reacting humor. i prefer more subtle attempts. never even seen tommy boy, but from what i've seen of chris farley, he only does one character. loud obnoxious and stupid. (incoming insult posts ho? ;o ) )

- - - Updated - - -

You got Porkins - and that other pilot in R1. What are you complaining about?
Well ... they got shot to pieces. But you have Jabba.
Well ... he was slovenly, grotesque, hedonistic and was choked to death by a skinny girl.

Never mind.

Who's complaining? I'm happy with what we've got. I can ignore the rest ;o)

I don't think I've seen a single chris farley movie. his SNL appearances where enough :).

@NeilT dude. Tell me you didnt laugh at his skit with Patrick Swayze. Or his Matt Foley character.

I love how the dude is named Porkins, and he is fat. Im going to make a new movie and the fat guy is going to be called. Tubbo Mcfatface. :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeilT dude. Tell me you didnt laugh at his skit with Patrick Swayze. Or his Matt Foley character.

I love how the dude is named Porkins, and he is fat. Im going to make a new movie and the fat guy is going to be called. Tubbo Mcfatface. :facepalm

I don't argue he's good for a chuckle once in a while. but long term?

I prefer a john goodman or john candy type :). ever see Matine with john goodman? Worth checking out :). Or Delirious with john candy.

I guess people didn't get offended as easily back then. i never thought of it as weird as a kid :).

I don't argue he's good for a chuckle once in a while. but long term?

I prefer a john goodman or john candy type :). ever see Matine with john goodman? Worth checking out :). Or Delirious with john candy.

I guess people didn't get offended as easily back then. i never thought of it as weird as a kid :).
I agree, John Candy is great, but John Goodman? You try and get him to carry his own movie and you get King Ralph, which is a turd. Now him in Big Lebowski....he was one of the funniest parts of the movie. John Goodman in small doses works better in my opinion.

Did someone say space jam?! I loved that movie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never understand the love... generation thing? I grew up on the original toon shorts, and Space Jam didn't feel like those characters came from that world. They looked the same, or close, but tone was wrong.

Which is why I can compare it to Rogue One!

And I worked on Space Jam, so I'm allowed to hate it :D

- - - Updated - - -

That is unwatchable...

I laughed really hard at the Carrie Fisher CG commentary part....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a follow up to the review that someone posted earlier, the plinkett guy one. It was pretty funny actually, and quite accurate in my opinion. Except I hate looking at the cartoon of the guy, its so gross. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI

Redlettermedia and Jenny Nicholson's reviews are DEAD ON to what I've been saying, but with more clarity.

I want to hang out with all those guys (and girl) and just talk movies.

2017 goal is to become best friends with all of them. Somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, here she is... and it's great.

This girl is SHARP

"Loving something unconditionally doesn't mean you love it more... it just means you love it sadder."

NeoRutty dude, me too. If you can be friends with any of those people, hit me up, Ill drive. I want to meet them, especially that girl, Jenny Nicholson. I adore her.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back