3d printed ......... Aliens M41A Pulse RIfle

Re: looking down the barrel of a gun ......... Aliens M41A Pulse RIfle

Wow! Nice job! I would definitely be interested in the files as well! This would be a great printer project for my Anet A8

Great work mate. Your designs certainly compare well to the various PR parts I have in my shed!
Love to see it in person one day as I am in Adelaide as well.
Cheers

Tony

Having had a few of the airsoft PR's I would suggest making some kind of guide rails for the mag inside the shroud to get the mag aligned as its inserted. Putting a mag in an airsoft PR can be quite the fiddly task.

Splendid work so far. Once completed will your design be available for download so others can print one?

I did think about this, and i have carried the same profile from the Thompson into the shroud.
hopefully that will make it easier :)

I4uXmSM6TkZCpBg0bniEYPS-uLbp8OjMZcYKyTXUwGRZkU1vrrqDGdFMsc2K8ordqaChHwvdLgAdfpirZ8r1yPCu7BPK0d_G.png

any updates on your progress? very interested in seeing how this turns out, great work so far!

I love it , as a fellow Aliens pulse rifle builder myself , always glad to see that prop passion for this unique prop PR project , oh that's very nice brother

Fantastic work! What software are you using to do the design work?

Fantastic work! What software are you using to do the design work?

Cheers :) - using fusion 360.

- - - Updated - - -

any updates on your progress? very interested in seeing how this turns out, great work so far!

Its still ongoing - had a mishap with the printer i use for ABS and melted the hotend, am awaiting parts form Duet in the UK and they got lost in the post for a while....

I love it , as a fellow Aliens pulse rifle builder myself , always glad to see that prop passion for this unique prop PR project , oh that's very nice brother

Thanks very much !! - i love this weapon, absolute icon in sci fi history.

Great work. The 10- hole barrel vent hero is my favorite version.

Been working on this lately and realised i was pretty slack with the remington.
so this is what i had:
AyAFVe5wNUSLpA-WAsUihRVbS1H8bZqmhJF3uIRoRAGmk6yDfZFmHaSoo6TlafNd03ZOre3Qy_wWfTM3kTajjaq0piSz_SrR.jpg

I had left out the trigger assembly and i just felt it looked like crap, so i looked at the actual receiver and remodeled it.
couple of test prints and revisions later i arrived at a what i think is a nice compromise...
aoj_1RFB7cpoxDCTuAn0zKUNFTecgpf96AadYxUNRXsM_04Nc1v9H-vRvxJCDe5uwlp_U5ZRFxJLe1QN2neNtwRAxEp5EzVw.jpg

Version two to allow for a loader and trigger assembly :

y7DgxkesqBu-9VPw1PvlQzNA1QGCba6G8vM6nIlfinNT-eZ-kEdajM6y3duxHesnWFQCi4zwzsbwaVI3WYCTj2sVho5ndTTq.jpg

F52EpCN57_usgNRdonVjw_WQK7l3S_HcpRXPI0UX6kEfW1IUWIEYDwcQtctNuoW9b4jHpZAUx4pXepTKrN0EaGWqAUqxjLgx.jpg

Final assembly with pins, just like the real Remington.
I knocked the print hence the two parts of the receiver, but these are just quick test prints to gauge the correct tolerances
76y6dmAL6nPw38t9ud1AMeJPtzHEjASBtdxFNFpxFMr3LQMlcbUxMwXTcxt-yQ4RjLC3pwJ_Y5-D-IQUfPFlWtdkFBugXKlp.jpg

Wow its been a long time since i was working on this project ... anyhow back to it finally !!
After I decided to redo the remington i was unhappy with the thompson, so i redrew the lower receiver v2...

1DXpoTsZUYc9W_0gBdeHeUm68YxBPcp0Vms1jzAQ1DWLAVDrJpAhoWh2lZ257QbNsgt5LFUX51sgioiB0=w1536-h735-no?.png

19 hours later and a lot of supports i had v2

PBrspuPkv4O0Ts1XxUd4bXwWXMkCn1Izl1u7Hwq0A3ubFxpZ4rmxmc68WwwOFdiV05HKtq8rB947jLVu7-=w440-h904-no?.jpg

Trigger fits and so does magazine latch

w5bk6_UuioEfC0zzVPRXxNS6HWcvYliriUawIRLe4k8FyGzVbraqRtMWtkFH-RGpmf02PbYV9UFe1nJuPs=w440-h904-no?.jpg

DBUU-V0l4-KW4H-TjaIdzXLK90r4X0FmrpQA-G6mKakKDz8m96FqlFtW5ljDhH7ibAfZoVCCiTlM3aMHqr=w440-h904-no?.jpg

Test fit with handle

syrVlSYoIC7_YRdK8JjcyBB48ZRb3makyLyKSRWKLNw9QIYuM6ZDPfyfpi3ZL2Tg6TGbxaORVN2fxdAuQ=w1860-h904-no?.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back