Black Series Poe helmet by Hasbro

Sweet! My head is exactly 23 1/4"! This should fit great then!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Very happy with it. After modding the daylights out of the Kylo, which felt like too much, and then not having to do anything to the ST, appreciated but also a bummer, I am looking forward to the light mods I'll be giving this. Plan to repaint the gray metal bits with silver paint and add a wire. Other than that, I might brush some metal onto the scratches, but this isn't too bad for the price, so I might not.

bspd.jpg

My only complaint is that, with the padding, it is literally painful for me to wear. Not uncomfortable - it actually hurts. :(

Very happy with it. After modding the daylights out of the Kylo, which felt like too much, and then not having to do anything to the ST, appreciated but also a bummer, I am looking forward to the light mods I'll be giving this. Plan to repaint the gray metal bits with silver paint and add a wire. Other than that, I might brush some metal onto the scratches, but this isn't too bad for the price, so I might not.

View attachment 756266

My only complaint is that, with the padding, it is literally painful for me to wear. Not uncomfortable - it actually hurts. :(

It's only in there with the hook side of velcro latching onto the pad cloth. You can just pull it right out. Replace it with whatever.

Signeddiamond, definitively interested in your mod thread. Took the interior panels off last night (along with the resistor outside), visor and blast shield, and trying to remove the comms, and the two other grey greeblies (so much glue!!).

Will make a nice repaint for a second helmet, minor change on one part, otherwise keeping it as-is.

Have you ever witnessed anything else in the prop/toy/collecting world that is soo awesome that it is THIS ridiculous?

I am soo excited for what is to come....

I mean, give me a black series Boba Fett helmet with HALF the paint accuracy of this...... PLEASE HASBRO WTH???

I seriously am in love with this helmet now that it is in my hands. Wasn't really a fan of the screen used prop design... but after seeing it in person, and comparing it to the anovos, and the real prop.... for 80$? Licensed? Seriously? I feel like I stole something at this price for what I got.

Just let hasbros factories crank out eFx's stalled items and let's get things moving! LOL!!!

Now, lets get a metal parts run going for this Poe helmet!!!

Both the Amazon page and Hasbro's own page state this helmet has a "Speech Projector". Which is advertised as being a voice amp. I went over my instructions and could not find this function. Did they remove a feature?

https://www.hasbro.com/en-gb/produc...t-helmet:31DF5DA5-8AFC-4270-832F-01C3EF51B84B

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Da...AQ1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504562447&sr=8-1&

Seems more like a miscommunication. The helmet does have a mic to pick up your voice and it does have sound projection around your head. Seeing as pretty much all the other black series helmets have a voice changer I think it just got assumed by someone along the way.

Seems more like a miscommunication. The helmet does have a mic to pick up your voice and it does have sound projection around your head. Seeing as pretty much all the other black series helmets have a voice changer I think it just got assumed by someone along the way.

The fact they are calling it a "Speech Projector" and not a "Voice changer" like the other helmets, would seem to indicate it's not just being mistaken for those features.

The Hasbro page itself lists the Speech projector as separate from the voice detection for battle/BB8 sounds.

And it specifically states on the Amazon page that the feature amplifies your voice. Wouldn't that page be Hasbro approved?

Speculation isn't required here. The features are listed, they are not in the final product. Despite my rhetoric above, it's quite obvious they removed a feature that is still being advertised.

Have you ever witnessed anything else in the prop/toy/collecting world that is soo awesome that it is THIS ridiculous?

I am soo excited for what is to come....

I mean, give me a black series Boba Fett helmet with HALF the paint accuracy of this...... PLEASE HASBRO WTH???

I seriously am in love with this helmet now that it is in my hands. Wasn't really a fan of the screen used prop design... but after seeing it in person, and comparing it to the anovos, and the real prop.... for 80$? Licensed? Seriously? I feel like I stole something at this price for what I got.

Just let hasbros factories crank out eFx's stalled items and let's get things moving! LOL!!!

Now, lets get a metal parts run going for this Poe helmet!!!

Oh I think Anovos hates hasbro a lot for their BS-Line.Haha.:lol

they should've painted the padding black.

The hasbro helmet is the TLJ helmet which differs from the TFA helmet in a lot of small details.... including the liner color. On the Poe helmet seen at SDCC, the liner is the beige color... although heavily weathered.

After reading the earlier posts in this thread, I decided to order one a few days ago and it arrived today. I think it is pretty impressive for the price point; has a nice feel to it. I like the sliding visor and the sound effects are pretty cool too.

Nice background ikevin1138!

I'm sure they'll roll out eventually, perhaps after we see some other colour schemes make an appearance in TLJ?

I doubt it. Lets all be honest, this helmet is not going to fly off the shelves. While we can all appreciate the fantastic aspects of the helmet this is a helmet that appeared in one film for less then 10 minutes. It lacks iconic status or nostalgia plus its pretty goofy looking all things considered. Even the Kylo helmet had the benefit of being a villains iconic face on every item of promotional material.

I don't want to sound mean but while this is a fantastic deal on a fantastic design I am beginning to worry what will happen if this release tanks.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back