Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 7/25/17

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/22/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - My shop is a mess but I'm getting this helmet painted up!

IgnAhhLh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/24/17

Oh man, anyone who can use one of those Rustoleum "trigger" cans without getting it all over the can, their work surface, themselves, and the cat has my vote!

-Rog

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/24/17

That is absolutely amazing. I've always wanted to make that costume. If you ever sell any raw cast copies, please let me know.

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/27/17

I almost bought an iwata, do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/27/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - The paint job is complete!! Highlights were achieved using Liquitex heavy body acrylics and Rubb N Buff. Because of Frank's influence on me as an artist this is one of the most meaningful creations I have built to date. I can't wait to bring the rest of this character to life.

The axe is next!!!

XQ5uMpgh.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/28/17

THAT is a work of art that's on par with Frazetta himself. The helmet alone would make for a great display piece.

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - When I started to visually break down the axe I noticed how difficult the handle was going to be because of the slight curve and tapered thickness. To get the correct curve I cut the handle out of a piece of oak 2x4 with a band saw. Then spent quite a bit of time sanding down the profile on my belt and osculating sander to make it round. Notice there is a taper from the top to the bottom of the handle as depicted in Franks first DD painting.
After the axe handle was near completion I drew out the head and cap on some scrap paper to get the scale correct. Then transferred those to Bristol board these will be my master templates.

kU02tsGh.jpg

zaQz3qgh.jpg

VqZnOyYh.jpg

oQW71H9h.jpg

Looking very good...I would've preferred less dark wash (but that's just me;))...Eager to see that axe!!

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 3/9/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Axe - I finally got to open a mini lathe that I had purchased over a year ago! It was a little intimidating at first but after a few test pieces I decided to jump in and sculpt out the bottom cap. The cap was carved out of scrap 4x4 that I had lying around.

53HrZDSh.jpg

RXHOdaFh.jpg

KqJkJrnh.jpg

N3eWVd8h.jpg

Attachments

• KqJkJrnh.jpg
    KqJkJrnh.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 86
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back