Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Yep. Have taken off my shoes at home every day for my entire life. I don't mind getting dirty outside but I really do not want to bring that into the house. I can't understand why you would wear shoes indoors haha

Okay, I'm going to go with your statement there--"why would you wear shoes indoors"... So, do you take off your shoes at your job? At the market? At the doctor's office? These places are all indoors.

My $.02, besides cultural beliefs, taking your shoes off before entering a home saves wear and tear on flooring. Particularly if you have pricey hardwood floors or carpeting. Tracking dirt from outdoors and grinding it into these surfaces destroys them prematurely. It's a cost saving thing if you ask me.

Okay, I'm going to go with your statement there--"why would you wear shoes indoors"... So, do you take off your shoes at your job? At the market? At the doctor's office? These places are all indoors.

Well no, but those are public places. Meaning anyone could go there. Meaning I could come into contact with other peoples' unsanitary...stuff. Meaning gross. Home is a different story. It is my private domain and I like to keep it clean and free of dirt or germs or whatever the hell your shoes pick up by traversing the earth. :lol I apologise for the misuse of the word indoors.

I think it's fine for now. The subsequent posts had both, shoe and non-shoe related discussion . And it's the nature of this thread to discuss and dissect various details, so things would get off-topic from time to time, there is no way around it as it doesn't confine to a single topic. If needed please start a new thread regarding the shoes in the Off-Topic forum. Moving on.

Someone says can this day get any worse and then it starts to rain
Ironically, that actually happened to me once. I was in the Army, we were in a crew-served weapon bunker on a stateside field exercise, embracing the suck for a week. I hopped in to check on my soldiers and we started talking. One of my newer soldiers said, "Heck sir, this can't be training, 'cause it ain't raining'!" That's the old joke, people would say if it ain't raining, we ain't training.
Sure enough, 2 seconds later it started to rain. There was overhead cover so we were just hearing it but not getting wet at that moment.
We all slowly turned to that PFC without saying a word, probably all with the same expression that suggested he brought that upon us somehow. Poor kid, you could tell he felt terrible, though it of course wasn't his fault.

But yeah, funerals in the rain, such a cliche.

On the rain thing, when I was learning to ride a scooter, the one thing I had the most trouble with was turning around within the space of a single road, it took so long for me to get it even close to right, and half way though it started to rain, and I thought to myself right then, this is like something out of a film.

^^^That's when you make him carry the '60, the spare barrel, and the ammo... :lol
Worse, it was for a .50 cal. I bet he had to carry the tripod and ammo, even though we were a heavy mech unit! If memory serves from all the arms room inspections I had to do, we had 4 Ma Duces, all vehicle-mounted but of course we carried tripods as well. So when we circled the wagons, my company always had to equip the ECP so we'd rotate our 50s through that duty if we were in the field for a long time. We had an M88 tank retriever at that time, and instead of digging in, we just kept that one manned on the TC's ring mount. In real life, that vehicle would have been hit first with indirect fire as it stuck out like sore thumb, even with camo nets. But it'd have taken a week to dig that monster in with shovels (we never had an Cs come around to dig positions for us). The funny part was I looked at the date of the tripods for our 50s once out of curiosity and two of them were WW2 dated!

Whilst I enjoy the little post credits clips in Marvel movies I think they have run their course. People hesitate to leave every movie before the credits finish these days.

Whilst I enjoy the little post credits clips in Marvel movies I think they have run their course. People hesitate to leave every movie before the credits finish these days.

But it's not like Marvel were the first ones to do it, post credit scenes have been going on for a while now, it's just that Marvel is known for them. At any rate, what does it really matter if people leave right as the credits roll out wait until they're all done? In my experience most people start to leave right as the credits start to roll, even at Marvel movies, on the other hand, my wife and I will stay to the very end at every movie, Marvel or not and we've been doing that even Marvel made it kind of popular.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I wish they would just put the scene at the end of the movie and be done with it. I hate having to sit through ten minutes of credits to get to that last little clip. By then usually the lights have come on and the ushers are in there cleaning up.

Back in the 80s, I would stay until the lights came up. One of my friends finally said, "Why do you always read the credits? It's not like you know any of those people." What's funny is that now I actually do know a few of those people, but I'm less likely to stay now that end credits last like 20 minutes--unless it's a Marvel movie (or Big Hero 6).

I wish they would just put the scene at the end of the movie and be done with it. I hate having to sit through ten minutes of credits to get to that last little clip. By then usually the lights have come on and the ushers are in there cleaning up.
The problem with that is these scenes really aren't part of the flow of the story. It would be pretty disruptive and people would probably react negatively

End credits scenes are bonus material. Nobody's forcing you to sit through credits, if you don't want to.
It's nice for the folks who put work into the film to know that their names might have an audience.
The end credits scent a small reward for those who choose to stay.
Knowing this my brother still doesn't stay because he doesn't have the patience. I haven't been with him to the movies in over 20 years, I think.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back