Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
It was the Special Edition in 4K, they have up transferred all the SE films. Do I have to do lol your homework, precious?

http://furiousfanboys.com/2017/02/24/entire-star-wars-trilogy-exists-4k/

Try again, Bryan.

https://theplaylist.net/gareth-edwa...w-4k-restoration-star-wars-new-hope-20161222/

Gareth Edwards was hired in 2014. The print he saw was "brand new", so 2014 or newer.

Your article talks about cuts from 2011-2012. Also, your article says they would sell a "ton". So it doesn't even wholly agree with your assessment.....:lol

Try again, Bryan.

https://theplaylist.net/gareth-edwa...w-4k-restoration-star-wars-new-hope-20161222/

Gareth Edwards was hired in 2014. The print he saw was "brand new", so 2014 or newer.

Your article talks about cuts from 2011-2012. Also, your article says they would sell a "ton". So it doesn't even agree with your assessment.....:lol

Yes, Gareth saw the SE version of ANH that has been upgraded to 4K. So much work has already been done on the SE releases, it's a lot easier to upgrade that and there's is no consensus on what constitutes the original ANH print. You notice Gareth never said it was the original release or SE, so you are speculating with zero basis.

A New(ish) Hope for 4K
It’s certainly not a matter of if, but when these films will see a 4K Blu-ray release. In December, Little White Lies spoke with Rogue One director Gareth Edwards, who confirmed that the original film has been in 4K for a couple of years now:
“On day one, we were in Lucasfilm in San Francisco with Industrial Light and Magic and John Knoll, our supervisor, said that they had a brand new 4K restoration print of A New Hope – it had literally just been finished. He suggested we sit and watch it. Obviously, I was up for that.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Gareth saw the SE version of ANH that has been upgraded to 4K.

A New(ish) Hope for 4K
It’s certainly not a matter of if, but when these films will see a 4K Blu-ray release. In December, Little White Lies spoke with Rogue One director Gareth Edwards, who confirmed that the original film has been in 4K for a couple of years now:
“On day one, we were in Lucasfilm in San Francisco with Industrial Light and Magic and John Knoll, our supervisor, said that they had a brand new 4K restoration print of A New Hope – it had literally just been finished. He suggested we sit and watch it. Obviously, I was up for that.”

But it was already in 4K in 2011-2012 according to your article.

These are the Special Editions and the 4K versions were done around 2011 or 2012,...

So they took a 4K and upgraded it to 4K? That makes sense how?

It's also a "Restoration". Something was done. Otherwise they would just use one of those 2011-2012 cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it was already in 4K in 2011-2012 according to your article.

So they took a 4K and upgraded it to 4K? That makes sense how?

It's also a "Restoration". Something was done. Otherwise they would just use one of those 2011-2012 cuts.

No, Gareth just saw the work they had done and were still working on. We will without a doubt see a release of all 6 films released in 4K but for the OT they will be the SE versions for a many reasons, financial, logistical, and demand based. Again, all of this is in that thread if you want to read it, it's well vetted.

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias is a variation of the more general tendency of apophenia.

"Luke backlash" does not prove that a "large portion" of the fanbase prefers the originals therefore there is a market for the OOT Blu-ray.

There may or may not be a market for it, the reaction to TLJ has little to do with said market and would be a poor indicator thereof.

No, Gareth just saw the work they had done and were still working on. We will without a doubt see a release of all 6 films released in 4K but for the OT they will be the SE versions for a many reasons, financial, logistical, and demand based. Again, all of this is in that thread if you want to read it, it's well vetted.

That is not supported by anything. His own words say he saw a "brand new" "restoration" "literally just been finished". What does "finished" mean and what did they restore Bryan? Your own article says those 4K SE were "done"......:D

@jlee562
Last I heard you were ignoring my posts. So what's this?

That is not supported by anything. His own words say he saw a "brand new" "restoration" "literally just been finished". What does "finished" mean and what did they restore Bryan? Your own article says those 4K SE were "done"......:D

@jlee562
Last I heard you were ignoring my posts. So what's this?

He saw a 4K restoration of the SE. And by the way, having other members ignore your posts isn't a point of pride.

He saw a 4K restoration of the SE. And by the way, having other members ignore your posts isn't a point of pride.

According to your article they were "Done" with the ANH 4K SE in 2011-2012.

So again, why not just show him that cut?
What did they restore in the "brand new" 2014 print?
And if they were "done" in 2011-2012, why would they have more work to show him they were "working on"?

Is this like Contact, where they made two identical 4K SE versions for twice the price?.......:rolleyes

Also, nothing in that quote to @jlee562 could possibly be construed as expressing pride. So you're just inventing things to accuse people of being.

I wish the ignore button was good enough, but its not. So lets just leave it at that.

See, thats what Im talking about. Youre SO condescending. Disney is a corporation. Their ONLY aim is to make money and please shareholders. Thats it. Maybe before when Walt and Roy were alive it was something different, but now? Hell no. Its a money printing machine, and they do everything they can to keep that money flowing. You even said your self its an investment. And why do you make monetary investments? To see a profit! What I was saying was a hypothetical anyway, in this biz, nobody knows anything. And I get why you want to think that way, because youre a nerd like the rest of us and you liked this movie, but cmon man. Besides, if they cared about the characters from the ST, they wouldnt have Rian be making 3 movies that has nothing to do with them. Star Wars is a more of a brand now than it ever was.
Again - there's the ignore button. Speaking of condescending, obviously you don't read all the posts here or you opt to pick and choose who and what you judge. This forum shouldn't be about personal attacks - and as I've said, I've been the focus of many of them. In the future, if you have an issue with me - why not discuss it with me rather than attempt to shame me publicly? There are plenty of people here that at least as deserving that, again that are obvious or you are oblivious to. I find my experience here is much more satisfying now that I'm opting to ignore a couple of the trolls that seem to be here only to make people as miserable as they are (and I'm perfectly happy and content to move on - as I've more than tried to). Your mileage may vary :) (That's the last of the comments you'll get from on this - if you more to say about it, it doesn't need to be public).

Just about everything you said about Disney I covered (or attempted to allude to) in my post. Star Wars is and has always been a brand. The plethora of merchandising and the expansion of the brand under Lucas' control (notably in the 1990s) was chaotic, creating an EU that often contradicted itself and made no sense. My point is that Disney or LFL or whomever is coming is dealing with all this much more carefully and planned out than it has been in the past. It is being done with care and consideration - although some will definitely disagree.

You're not going to be able convince me that the team at Lucasfilm don't care about these characters and Star Wars. The top tier team has experience and are people that worked with and were picked by Lucas. But, they're also not stupid and realize that this universe needs to grow and expand past Luke Skywalker and company as these are movies and Mark Hamill and company are aging...

Rian Johnson's new trilogy doesn't sit well with me. I remember quotes that the saga films will be about the Skywalker family... and I'm of the idea that it should stay that way. My gut feeling (and hope?) with this Johnson thing is that he had some idea that was just too good to stifle. We know that the LFL team were very fond of working with Rian. I don't think it's fair to say or was meant to be seen as abandoning the ST characters (or showing a lack of caring for them). Just like It's not fair to say Uncle George abandoned the OT characters after Return of the Jedi. (One thing I like to remember is that Rian Johnson is a Star Wars fan - he was young during the OT release, but he was around and even admitted to being a fan of the PT. He counts the Holiday Special as a prized possession).

You said this. No I said this. Well you said this. No I didn't. You've hurt my feelings. I'm ignoring you.

Who cares?

Man! You lot are so precious. Just a bit over sensitive and easily offended for a group of 'ADULT' MEN.

We're only debating a movie! and there'll be another one along shortly. In the anonymous world of the internet, everyone's opinion is valid and correct.

Well, it’s hard to deny there have been more then a few completely unfounded accusations thrown at Lucasfilm of having some sort if socio-political agenda which really strain credibility.
Just out of curiosity, what would you call this?
Force-Female.jpg
Personally, I'd say that the force has NO gender and simply exists but... that's just me. Not Kathleen like seen in the photo.

View attachment 789770
Personally, I'd say that the force has NO gender and simply exists but... that's just me. Not Kathleen like seen in the photo.

I would point out that photo was taken at a special women’s event and was supporting that event as opposed to an over arching corporate directive. Also it’s a nice sentiment to say to female fans that Star Wars is welcoming to them. Have you noticed how many female fans feel comfortable posting here on the RPF? About 2 with any consistency. Is that because don’t like me Star Wars or don’t feel welcome? Maybe we should change that.

Last edited:
Have you noticed how many female fans feel comfortable posting here on the RPF? About 2 with any consistency. Is that because don’t like me Star Wars or don’t feel welcome? Maybe we should change that.

There's a lot more than that - they just don't post here in the entertainment forum because they're too busy making badass costumes and props.

View attachment 789770
I know I've made a statement on it previously - I wish I could recall (or find) exactly what I said. But, this is exactly what it is - a group of women celebrating Star Wars - something that's been a historically male dominated fanbase. It's not a statement that's meant to be taken literally as much as showing that a female can also enjoy Star Wars. It's celebrating that girls also like Star Wars and meant to be fun.

These shirts appear to from the Nike campaign with the same slogan - that doesn't mean that males cannot buy Nike.

No conspiracy theory needed that women are taking over Star Wars and/or the Force, although it's out there.... :)

Last edited:
There's a lot more than that - they just don't post here in the entertainment forum because they're too busy making badass costumes and props.

Yes, I was mostly referring to this sub forum where Kerstin Jones seems to beth only woman participating. There are mire in the Costuming forum but even there women are woefully under represented and I think hostile male attitudes contribute to to that.

I know I've made a statement on it previously - I wish I could recall (or find) exactly what I said. But, this is exactly what it is - a group of women celebrating Star Wars - something that's been a historically male dominated fanbase. It's not a statement that's meant to be taken literally as much as showing that female's can also enjoy Star Wars. It's celebrating that girls can also enjoy Star Wars and meant to be fun.

These shirts appear to from the Nike campaign with the same slogan - that doesn't mean that males cannot buy Nike.

No conspiracy theory needed that women are taking over Star Wars and/or the Force, although it's out there.... :)

Posted this before, but it bears repeating if the haters are bringing up this shirt again. "The Future is Female" is a t-shirt slogan that is at least as old as ANH. What you see is less feminism run amok, and more somebody in the merchandising department thought they were being clever in trying to capitalize on the slogan when it resurfaced in 2015 as the NYT article describes.

Moreover, a t-shirt slogan just doesn't magically negate the SW canon.

It's just a silly t-shirt slogan.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back