Wow! Just found a printout of my first lightsaber auction win from 2001

That reminds me of years (decades?) ago, when people who sold camera parts straight up wouldn't sell you a flash if they thought you might be turning it into a lightsaber. Now that you can retire on the price of one they sure seem a lot more willing. :)

-Rog

My own mpp story is more recent but also funny.
I was talking with Chaim about dave prowse was coming to a con near my home, and Chaim told me he saw a MPP for sale, and couldn't afford it.
I didn't know where, so I made searches and finally I found a active sale on Ebay UK.
I contacted the seller because there was a reserve price and he replied me the reserve price was somethink like 400£ or so
I wanted to reply telling it was too much, and I saw a second reply telling he dropped to 250£ so the flashgun could be sold.
So I decided to break the bank, and I offered him a price as buy now, telling the next week Dave Prowse was in a con a few miles from my home and if I can get it soon enough I could get it signed.
I get it the week before the con, just in time!
The flashgun had the wrong tube, and whatever could be wrong on a MPP... but perfect emitter and reflector too.
So I finally kept the emitter and reflector and trade the body to someone living a few miles from my home, yes, about 10 miles, and get the right tube with all good details.
It was really a kind of luck to get these, as I get so lucky to find a set of kobolds on ebay, and the genuine old HP boards on a fleamarket in same town.

I remember my first graflex was 110$ in 2010, was the very beginning for the prop hobby for me, the graflex had many inaccurate details and general condition was not terrific so I kept the clamp and built my furst saber from russrep parts, obi ep 4, I still have the grenade on my obi saber, but all other parts have been sold a long time ago...

After I bought but didn't receive the MPP, the seller sent me this picture:

View attachment 700227

And one week later I took this one, back in 2013 or so.

View attachment 700226

This picture is from 2015:

View attachment 700230

Great pics!! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

My first MPP was £20 on ebay and only 15 minutes from my home. :)

I still remember the seller's words when he realized I was a SW collector: "Oh, you're not going to turn it into one of those awful Obi-Wan Kenobi things are you???"

Yeah i remember some people encountering these types of sellers in the past.

My MPP for Vader ESB ended up being an amalgamation of three different units to get me as close as I could. The thin edge of the shroud is too thin as per Chaim's ealier observation about these units but finding a shroud without that step is hard enough.

I've all the parts for a found parts Luke ESB counterpart using Roy's Track but my Graflex isn't really spot on. I'm now debating with myself how important those little details are to me. Effectively I'd need to replace all of the parts of the main flash unit but with people currently asking north of £150 just for a spare red button, which I already have, my appetite is limited. I don't blame those people for rincing the situation but complete units in the region of £1000 is a bit much for me.

I remember a few people in the board had the one step shroud.
dont know if theyre still here though.

I remember a few people in the board had the one step shroud.
dont know if theyre still here though.

I'm still here:

IMG_0245_zps513df8ea.jpg

So my work just got the IT guy busy....

Pretty much every image doesn't load now... and I can't upload pics from work.

I can't even see the ad! I can't see anything!

Damn.... RPF is how I kill my downtime at work.

Nice ... I had not seen that auction ... it does have the 2 step shroud ... so no interest to me ... nice camera though :)

Chaïm

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back