Blade Runner Blaster Display Stand

DarthChrisDK

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,

I've read a bit over at Propsummit, however, I'm not a member, yet, so cannot relay my question(s) there. Also, I was thinking that this might be a relevant topic over here - however I suppose not a completely original topic. Bear with me.

1. HCG offers a custom display stand for their 2049 blaster. It's currently up for PO, albeit with a shipping date designated for June 2017. I guess it's just delayed or they are still collecting orders. Does anyone have any info about this? When will it ship?

2. More importantly, and related to the above. I read on Propsummit that the display stand currently offered would be cheaper if you already had the kit or assembled 2049 blaster purchased. See my quote below. How does this work? I am not able to change the price at HCG. Could someone please clarify this? Should I just contact Mune directly?

We are now producing TOMENOSUKE BLASTER 2049 Acrylic Stand with limited quantity for pre-order.

Please let me know if you want to purchase this stand for your collection. We will ship it within a month or so. The price is US$65.00 by EMS shipping.

The customer who ordered Kit or Assembled Tomenosuke 2049 blaster, the price should be US$47.00 upon prepayment by paypal.

Mune
--
Mitsuaki Munegumi(Mune)
胸組光明
President&CEO

3. Are there any other display stand options readily available out there that I should be aware of? Something that will fit the Tomenosuke perfectly. I'm curious to know about this.

I know this item gets a whole lot of attention these days, obviously due to the hype currently. I hope this thread will not be ill conceived and that it has a place on the board. If not, let me know.

Can't help with the HCG product, but I have one of these on it's way to me. Simple but hopefully it will be ok:

http://tshobbies.com/blade-runner-blaster-stand/

Thanks for that. I believe I saw this on eBay (or was it Etsy?). It looks great too! I'd love to hear your take on it once you receive it. In terms of quality and how well it fits the Tome blaster.

I think my ideal display stand would be something that would show the piece at an angle. Similar to the way I have posed it on my photo below. I think I saw something similar in Adam Savage's collection. But until then, anything will do. :)

IMG_8046.jpg

I received two of the Tomenosuke stands with my 2049 kit a few weeks ago. I ordered directly from Mune.

I think my ideal display stand would be something that would show the piece at an angle. Similar to the way I have posed it on my photo

I use punched steel airsoft stands for all my gun displays. They come with adjustable 'fingers' so you can achieve that angle-of-dangle you're after.
Readily available off ebay, just search for 'airsoft pistol stand'

2017-01-31 11.49.19.jpg

2017-01-31 11.49.19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received two of the Tomenosuke stands with my 2049 kit a few weeks ago. I ordered directly from Mune.

Thanks! I actually already wrote to him. I should get one from him soon. :)

I use punched steel airsoft stands for all my gun displays. They come with adjustable 'fingers' so you can achieve that angle-of-dangle you're after.

View attachment 744935

That looks great! I'll have to look into that! Thanks for the suggestion.

I picked a couple of these for Star Wars blasters. The adjustableness is great because you can get them to work for many different items.

These are EXACTLY what I am looking for to display my Harrison Ford blaster collection!

For real! Thank you userd1402 I can't believe I'm just now finding out about these :facepalm

I never thought to search for "airsoft" stands. Thanks again, mate

If there are other options out there, I'd love to know about it. I will add all the options in the top of the thread so it's easier for other people to gather this information in ze future

I did a post on these a while back but I love the Amron Display stands. They're steel wire H-stands that you can bend into shape for various displays. I'm going for a very minimal display area so i'm not using plaques or branded displays but this comes with a solid black base that you could easily put some labeling on. They can be a little tricky to get bent just right and you'll need 2 sets of pliers to get them into shape but I love how discreet they are. Really lets the gun do the talking.

Here's a link to the display stands on Amazon.
Here's a video walkthrough of how to prep them and set them up.

cljaur2afwH_Gc1Y_ALvCZq3DoE_cLyU_Yh5yM8lRnwU9z5zEULBaoFSaWQ3VsSeCrfoyPYWpaEKWDHrjCThaAcNkEGS1KHhQ-9TY0ayciZN9wW6u2rCZ_oRPIBbkd8dtplHVwi8HvFSDWRxVYo0SeCOfFy3SDcsC_snSKZ7S2DX7Z48zV7MPXlzzWGjdwSqR1P3JT4E04K_as77v1LIKpVYsh67HTY6PdsfmqwRMm_OXFBuBv85iStKlK_miH2SO_GV2OVPsIwFl-PNi2FDFVX4ttkMC6ClWFmG42IdwNYO5eIHM5lmd8DDBCMDbb1buywD_4-Cb-0SPiq_6uRAN0vaiYKslDb_wePxSvD-0Vg-SbxIzPV2nAWQaruntLxwyW5ax6cDf00_nvPRblQTqrT5lb8PYtbOnJE33x48vRePEXqOxMZ_56p_orbYKDjlDzVYoksvHukao5KUmdS6HN4SvtH4gWaDzjNHLQVIOizUAorZYwCklj-l489AGWrs_E2MS8L0IveO2reG8SgvdqxMyel0hCHcbaj6P834xPGwOtn2x7Bx8m-eSdcCwj2ZBYyRAzC3rqbofOQZ-ETu3Z-qN81bB2fpE4ZdieUtTFUHYiSwobzKJ50=w576-h863-no

kR1BS4X1dA3CQsOy3RtuG-zPAQqJpaANwZQg3DN3xaKkkJs3pXdzZWFn1LkYg1JwYQ5Xtc8dJD8ZZIN05N1Wzio0_uov3eY0EpU4mThKtx6McpKJA83Ykmc32AylC6_d3EpDbm-JCelT0FjHftlZGJa7gpbHjWNskbsUeX5FZBP1jCOhZw_wy1OQ3KwCuLZ2adYPSOEZMiPDjSykgk2fC6uKpJl_gLS1VCtElnDSWuy6_INPHWjtOi51maB8YNQswY_n6UUpxF1wBJ2fOaE_ZZ1BUNCPDzF4wCrjavyPSsSgiyIKhZKhJ-2tGZzadbP8tCIb4NWhPUbwEXrsE5n11eKCejfP2geHAFh-TbKQQIJ0zJy-LCWOsf1ryv7VyRUCrkEKuMVelCD_34uZ0BxNGRE5Xc4kvVNJ10vMwjyKQDLpZ_LJU5pY4B099uIhgSpwZJ-aseQ-qCywlXvsLVGb-LUoFSkXgRTAvhfxzqhLumtkxKC57dkYT0LPQOkkUlrEBeV6fN-AxHi60iZplFJ1o6A43aAVMmEss0TNtYa1xdUN8qAKSTdXFi9D6kkh4lrbvXUR-0hrM07Q2Gm5HS0Iy2qtibCVwfCzXonJvEsAYc1sE_C3-5A=w1024-h683-no

I designed this stand originally and did a run of them before selling the design to Tomenosuke. It is remarkably stable when the blaster is sitting in it. Not likely to fall over. You can also fine tune the fit of the interlocking pieces with clear packing table on the inside edges of the joints. I would not recommend gluing as it would be hard to do without messing up the look.

Those photos are the first time I've seen their packaging with my name on the outside. Pretty cool!

I remember your design from back in the day and recognized it immediately when I saw it over at HCG. I think Tomenosuke is a remarkable company to engage with designers and creators the way they do.

It's a great design. So very simple. It's minimalistic so the attention is left on the piece. The weight of the piece makes it secure. It's as if it's all interlocked once you place the blaster on it. Loving it.

I designed this stand originally and did a run of them before selling the design to Tomenosuke. It is remarkably stable when the blaster is sitting in it. Not likely to fall over. You can also fine tune the fit of the interlocking pieces with clear packing table on the inside edges of the joints. I would not recommend gluing as it would be hard to do without messing up the look.

Those photos are the first time I've seen their packaging with my name on the outside. Pretty cool![/Q

My humble apologies Sir!

It's a great design. So very simple. It's minimalistic so the attention is left on the piece. The weight of the piece makes it secure. It's as if it's all interlocked once you place the blaster on it. Loving it.

+1

I was lucky enough to get in on the run you did over at propsummit, DaveG, and I must say I think it's the best-designed stand I've ever seen for the BR blaster.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back