Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Then I suggest you should try buying stocks instead if reselling value is the thing that you care about the most. The very reason why the replica community exists is because not everyone can own an original, it's precisely to make an item available to MORE people. Not the opposite really. But like I said in the end if you are worried for the value of your $20 investment you should probably switch hobbies as you will face other frustrating issues in the future. The community spirit is what matters, what you can share with people, learn from them, the good times, the shared passion and enthusiasm. The value of any collection doesn't lie in the money, time or craftsmanship you put in it. It's the memories you create that make them really invaluable.

Finally if your intention was to show people they were acting unreasonably, well you amazingly failed (as even PepsiCo thought it wasn't really THAT unreasonable). But yeah keep diggin'

Not everyone that comes to these forum are out to gain internet friends. I'm a fan of the art and skill. If we could all have an original then this place wouldn't exist so your statement holds no water. We all value our collections and I never said mine was for monetary gain. The value of my collection is in exclusivity as well as one of a kinds. The reissue now hurts this item for me. How is it okay for people to be mad the they didn't get one but it's not okay for the people that did get one to not be mad that there item isn't limited edition anymore as Pepsi said. Everyone was angry at Pepsi for doing nothing more then what they said. I'm angry because Pepsi has now changed what they said.

Just got back. Didn't get one from Walmart at 6am. Can't believe they went on stock on Amazon again after the initial fiasco. Also, that scalper on ebay. f him. "wesaveyou$"? my ass! his username is insulting! Glad to hear Pepsi will sell more on Nov 3. At this point I don't really care for the US bottle. What happened with the licensed Cineplex replica? Was that a limited run too? And what is this about a UK bottle now? I can't find anything on it. I'm more intrigued with those. I wish I wasn't a chicken and had the guts to drive down to Mexico. One more thing. I personally do not care for exclusivity when it comes to inaccurate replicas. Something as inaccurate as Pepsi's replica shouldn't be limited. jmo :)

Not everyone that comes to these forum are out to gain internet friends. I'm a fan of the art and skill. If we could all have an original then this place wouldn't exist so your statement holds no water. We all value our collections and I never said mine was for monetary gain. The value of my collection is in exclusivity as well as one of a kinds. The reissue now hurts this item for me. How is it okay for people to be mad the they didn't get one but it's not okay for the people that did get one to not be mad that there item isn't limited edition anymore as Pepsi said. Everyone was angry at Pepsi for doing nothing more then what they said. I'm angry because Pepsi has now changed what they said.

How much art and skill is there in a mass product soda bottle, even limited to 6,500 unites ? It's an innacurate recreation of a movie prop made out of vacuformed plastic. Don't be an hypocrite. It's not about the art or the craftsmanship or the lineage, it's the potential drop in the reselling value that's pissing you off. Stop pretending otherwise.
And if it's not the reselling value then it's just the bragging opportunity that you feel you're gonna lose and that's even sadder.

And finally if you are really THAT mad, just put your money where your mouth is and resell your bottle for mrsp to any of the fellows who couldn't get one. If the value you put in the item only depends on the fact that others can't have it then it's worthless to you but might be worth a lot more to those who only want to get a little souvenir from one of their favorite movies. I would gladly take it off your hands btw to gift it to my little brother who's a huge bttf fan.

I would comment further on that but it might insult some members here so all I will say is that I agree with you.

Right? And as far as Pepsi releasing more so those on here have a chance to get one, how can you be annoyed at that? It will *still* be a limited release, so don't really think it makes the bottle any less special. At least this gives real fans a chance without having to pay insane scalper prices.

And finally if you are really THAT mad, just put your money where your mouth is and resell your bottle for mrsp to any of the fellows who couldn't get one. If the value you put in the item only depends on the fact that others can't have it then it's worthless to you but might be worth a lot more to those who only want to get a little souvenir from one of their favorite movies. I'll gladly take off your hands btw to gift it to my little brother who's a huge bttf fan.

I said art skill and exclusivity. 6,500 is pretty exclusive. Accurate or not. I've already contacted Pepsi to complain about their advertising as limited and then releasing more. I'll be giving it to my son since it won't be in my collection.

How much art and skill is there in a mass product soda bottle, even limited to 6,500 unites ? It's an innacurate recreation of a movie prop made out of vacuformed plastic. Don't be an hypocrite. It's not about the art or the craftsmanship or the lineage, it's the potential drop in the reselling value that's pissing you off. Stop pretending otherwise.
And if it's not the reselling value then it's just the bragging opportunity that you feel you're gonna lose and that's even sadder.

Very well said! I couldn't agree more!:thumbsup

Don't wanna be a d*** but I just got my shipping notice from Walmart. Was really worried that my order was gonna be cancelled after all the commotion of it releasing early but now I can breath a slight sigh of relief. Hope everything works out with the re- release so the real fans can get one instead of bending over for the POSs on EvilBay. Even knowing I have one on the way, I still can't help but think of how badly Pepsi screwed up this release. #CokeOrBust

I couldn't give two ____ about the exclusivity or the value of the bottle. It's only worth the emotion it evokes in me. I wanted it because I saw it in a movie that I love. Not because I want to be able to flip it at a profit down the line. That's the same reason I own any of the props I have. There isn't much left in the world that appreciates in value anyway so I don't ever expect anything to.

I was lucky enough to get one of these on this run and I am ECSTATIC that they are releasing more so that everybody else here can also have one, stare at it on their shelf, and fondly remember a short moment of their childhood.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back