Has anyone ever ordered Durans TOS boots?

Anyone? Or does anyone even know if they're still in business. I tried calling and got a voicemail, but it doesn't even mention the company name...

I bought a pair of Duran TOS (Star Trek) boots earlier this year (2018), and it took making 3 pairs before they were somewhat correct. First the height was too short, as they included the heel when cutting the legging. (Height is supposed to be from your heel flat on the floor to the boot's top, and the boot's heel is supposed to add to that height instead being included in the height.) Second pair had a baggy pronounced calf bulge which was not in my measurements, and was missing a heel patch overlay that I had specifically requested. Communication from Isabel stopped after they resigned to making a 3rd pair for fixing their mistakes (which wouldn't have been necessary if made correctly the first time). The third pair finally fit okay but the heel overlay appears to simply be simulated with stitching rather than an actual sewn-on piece like the toe cap. The color is a matte black which looks more like a dark gray rather than a true black, and the zipper cover is "floppy" and doesn't lay flat. The boots are acceptable enough to not squabble over a 4th pair, and at this point I'm just grateful that I actually got boots for my TOS uniform that don't look like "pirate" boots. As other people have mentioned, overall communication from Duran was touch-and-go often with long delays in response time and you're left wondering if boots are actually being made. Then a box shows up unannounced with your boots in it, no delivery tracking, and no signed delivery for your $400 merchandise. (Our mail carrier now has strict instructions to not leave parcels at our doorstep anymore!) Although the boots fit okay (I wouldn't call it amazing) they seem a bit overpriced for how they look in my opinion, and it shouldn't have taken 3 tries to get them made correctly (with me paying return shipping for each redo).

I bought a pair of Duran TOS (Star Trek) boots earlier this year (2018), and it took making 3 pairs before they were somewhat correct. First the height was too short, as they included the heel when cutting the legging. (Height is supposed to be from your heel flat on the floor to the boot's top, and the boot's heel is supposed to add to that height instead being included in the height.) Second pair had a baggy pronounced calf bulge which was not in my measurements, and was missing a heel patch overlay that I had specifically requested. Communication from Isabel stopped after they resigned to making a 3rd pair for fixing their mistakes (which wouldn't have been necessary if made correctly the first time). The third pair finally fit okay but the heel overlay appears to simply be simulated with stitching rather than an actual sewn-on piece like the toe cap. The color is a matte black which looks more like a dark gray rather than a true black, and the zipper cover is "floppy" and doesn't lay flat. The boots are acceptable enough to not squabble over a 4th pair, and at this point I'm just grateful that I actually got boots for my TOS uniform that don't look like "pirate" boots. As other people have mentioned, overall communication from Duran was touch-and-go often with long delays in response time and you're left wondering if boots are actually being made. Then a box shows up unannounced with your boots in it, no delivery tracking, and no signed delivery for your $400 merchandise. (Our mail carrier now has strict instructions to not leave parcels at our doorstep anymore!) Although the boots fit okay (I wouldn't call it amazing) they seem a bit overpriced for how they look in my opinion, and it shouldn't have taken 3 tries to get them made correctly (with me paying return shipping for each redo).

That’s unfortunate that you went through those issues. Since I’m having them measured at her studio and I’m planning on bringing the pants for the fitting I will hopefully avoid those issues but I do appreciate the heads up. She also agreed to rush them for Halloween for me so that should be another issue avoided...fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how did the appointment go?

It went really well, thanks! The boots were ready on schedule and I'm very happy with the results. The quality is excellent and they fit like a glove.

Here are a couple pics. I know my pant hems currently hang too low. I'm hoping they can be altered? The design has a strange flare that might not be alter-able.

I was given a choice of boot height and I thought I had seen that 14 inches was accurate but I might have selected to go a little higher in hindsight. In all, a superb pair of TOS Trek boots and a really fair price.

K Boots.jpg

Kirk 2018.jpg

They look great

Yeah the pants can be troublesome that bell shaped cuff can be a witch and they really look weird in real life.

McCoy had his at about your height so there you go you are Screen Accurate

Been reading this thread and happy the transaction went well... So much so I was going to inquire for a friend of mine but the link posted above does not work...

I was lucky enough to get a custom set made when the New Voyages folks got their large order in... so I have mine :). But my buddy is in need :)

Can someone either post or IM their contact info?

Thanks in advance,
Jedi Dade

Strange link should work, just google Duran boots it should come up

Been reading this thread and happy the transaction went well... So much so I was going to inquire for a friend of mine but the link posted above does not work...

I was lucky enough to get a custom set made when the New Voyages folks got their large order in... so I have mine :). But my buddy is in need :)

Can someone either post or IM their contact info?

Thanks in advance,
Jedi Dade

Yeah Google came up with a ton of stuff - none of which had a URL remotely close to the one posted above... The closest I found was a dance shoe company...

Anybody got a good email address for them? Or a working URL?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

Getting real strange now, maybe because I have dealt with them before

Their specialty is custom Flamingo shoes and boots

That is them the dance shoe company, they are in Boyle heights L.A. duransdanceshoes@gmail.com

Yeah Google came up with a ton of stuff - none of which had a URL remotely close to the one posted above... The closest I found was a dance shoe company...

Anybody got a good email address for them? Or a working URL?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

Thanks man! I'll drop them a line... maybe my ISP is flaking out... I keep getting DNS errors when I try the URL posted earlier... email will work no doubt :D

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back