Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Hoping to have some bigger news next week, but here is the darker faux shearling we just sourced:

bKrSdhX.jpg

View attachment 826889
Hi guys,
I am Fahdi from Suzahdi. Our team is working to create a screen accurate version of the Rick Grimes Dark Brown Suede jacket he wears on Season 4 to 8 of The Walking Dead. It's summertime, and we have dozens of requests for it even so. Please check out our current design. We need your suggestions for accuracy.

Quick notes:
- Shoulders look pointy
- Seam from collar/neck to shoulder at the top should be 4 cm lower from top of the shoulder, should have two lines of stitches and the folded edge should face downwards, not upwards.
- There are stitch lines missing on the sleeves and cuffs (all two rows of stitches).
- The fur looks too yellow.
- Side panels need to look dark brown (similar color to the suede & stitch thread) and should be made of ribbed fabric. Ribbed fabric should also be applied in the lining of the jacket to prevent tearing and allow the jacket to actually stretch.
- Collar of the original jacket is shortened at the front, but not cut straight the way you have done it.

This post should give you all measurements of the original jacket in size L: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254961&page=20&p=4353914&viewfull=1#post4353914
I also have measurements for an XL if you need to know.

Last edited:
Quick notes:
- Shoulders look pointy
- Seam from collar/neck to shoulder at the top should be 4 cm lower from top of the shoulder, should have two lines of stitches and the folded edge should face downwards, not upwards.
- There are stitch lines missing on the sleeves and cuffs (all two rows of stitches).
- Side panels need to look dark brown (similar color to the suede & stitch thread) and should be made of ribbed fabric. Ribbed fabric should also be applied in the lining of the jacket to prevent tearing and allow the jacket to actually stretch.
- Collar of the original jacket is shortened at the front, but not cut straight the way you have done it.

This post should give you all measurements of the original jacket in size L: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254961&page=20&p=4353914&viewfull=1#post4353914
That, and the jacket is designed like a suit jacket. I have seen many people in Instagram that has this jacket and they all have the same problem so it is indeed the way the jacket is made.If suzhadi fixes up their jacket to be more accurate and fix this problem, they could probably double the price for it and i know for sure that i would still buy it.

Quick notes:
- Shoulders look pointy

That, and the jacket is designed like a suit jacket. I have seen many people in Instagram that has this jacket and they all have the same problem so it is indeed the way the jacket is made.If suzhadi fixes up their jacket to be more accurate and fix this problem, they could probably double the price for it and i know for sure that i would still buy it.

Here is the darker, duller suede with new faux shearling collar color. (Ignore the collar strap)

kPxI8mK.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli
The side ribbing is still too dark, so we're going to try and pair this new leather with the ribbing color of our first prototype.

Here is the darker, duller suede with new faux shearling collar color. (Ignore the collar strap)

https://i.imgur.com/kPxI8mK.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli
The side ribbing is still too dark, so we're going to try and pair this new leather with the ribbing color of our first prototype.

Wow this is looking amazing not gonna lie! I can't wait for the finalized product! Any chance we can get a few pics of inside and out once finished?

Don't worry... once the new prototype is finished, I'll be taking plenty of photos!
While we are on the topic of jackets, would it be possible for you guys to change out the material of your Levi's replica? Get it somewhat closer to the real deal. As it is now, it is a beatiful jacket but it is way too thick.
Edit: it just hit me that i wrote that in a thread for a jacket X)

Last edited:
So, I know that this thread seems to be exclusive to the UGG Jacket that Rick has worn since season 4, but I was just wondering whether anyone on here knows of anywhere that I can get his Levi's tobacco field jacket from season's 2 and 3, or at least get a near perfect replica? I'm new to this and was wondering whether you fine people could help me out?

Last edited:
So, I know that this thread seems to be exclusive to the UGG Jacket that Rick has worn since season 4, but I was just wondering whether anyone on here knows of anywhere that I can get his Levi's tobacco field jacket from season's 2 and 3, or at least get a near perfect replica? I'm new to this and was wondering whether you fine people could help me out?
Magnoli sells one, but in my opinion the color of the yoke is much too dark. Of course you could always customize order it to be different than their default offering. Other than that, I’m not sure. I’ve been looking, too.

Don't worry... once the new prototype is finished, I'll be taking plenty of photos!
I think getting the color correct may prove to be a difficult task. I notice in some scenes in the show it's a deep brown with some minuscule red undertones, yet in behind the scenes photos it looks less noticeable. Would it help if we compiled some photos from the show/ behind the scenes that focus on the jacket's color in different day lighting?

I think getting the color correct may prove to be a difficult task. I notice in some scenes in the show it's a deep brown with some minuscule red undertones, yet in behind the scenes photos it looks less noticeable. Would it help if we compiled some photos from the show/ behind the scenes that focus on the jacket's color in different day lighting?

There’s no red tones in the UGG side panels, it’s kind of a mushroom brown. Those photos from Terminus make it look almost purple due to lighting/filters but that is misleading and where White Sheep went wrong with their version. The pictures on the train tracks in ‘A’ are more accurate. The photos in this thread show pretty much exactly what it looks like in reality:

http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6195849

Magnoli sells one, but in my opinion the color of the yoke is much too dark. Of course you could always customize order it to be different than their default offering.

Yes, we can tweak colors to suit your preference, no problem. We also offer this jacket in "new" and "predistressed" finishes.

I think getting the color correct may prove to be a difficult task.

That's the biggest delay at the moment. I keep going back and forth with our leather and materials supplier trying to get the right balance of light and dark between the suede and side panels.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back