Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Build!!

sheesh... That's just nuts. My hopes for two were dashed long ago... you are the king!

Well, we've got the engine... the parts are bogus though. Wrong engine variation. :( Big sad... especially after taking this whole sucker apart.

Nicely done! Very cool to see another engineering job with vintage parts.
Two is impressive. I'm as close to a complete on mine as I'm likely to get unless another correct parts engine is unearthed. One balance pipe to go!

Well, we've got the engine... the parts are bogus though. Wrong engine variation. :( Big sad... especially after taking this whole sucker apart.

Whatever happened with it?

How is it possible to have 2 complete sabers using all original parts when I can barely find a Graflex clamp without spending my bank account anymore...

How is it possible to have 2 complete sabers using all original parts when I can barely find a Graflex clamp without spending my bank account anymore...

Heh... Some very fortuitous timing, lots of patience, LOTS of luck, and *A LOT* of help...

... And a very understanding wife ;)

Ha...The secret to the "understanding wife" is to talk her ear off about it until she would rather just not know what you're up to... she won't question about cost, because she doesn't want to hear the story that comes with knowing the price.

Ha...The secret to the "understanding wife" is to talk her ear off about it until she would rather just not know what you're up to... she won't question about cost, because she doesn't want to hear the story that comes with knowing the price.

Damn... How come I can only 'like' a post once! :D

This is hilariously on point. My GF now knows much more than she bargained for about ww1 & 2 military surplus and vintage camera equipment, or as she calls them: "gizmobobs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. My wife always has a distraught look in her eye whenever I bring up antique guns, or dental equipment...like she knows where the convo is heading (but she is holding out that it might be something different this time). Then, once she realizes that it ISN'T going anywhere different, but in fact, just like the last 1000 times, it is heading directly to Star Wars prop land, she gives a gentle nod of "there it is, I knew it", followed by a small headshake of disbelief that once again I have shown that this really IS all I ever think about, finally ended by her eyes glazing over and her mind wandering back towards things she is actually interested in thinking about.

Did I mention that I believe she stops listening at that point too? She's been a real trooper though. She even knows some of your screen names without having any real clue who is behind them. She always asks me how Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi are. It's always Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi.

Lucky for me, my girlfriend is almost as big a nerd as I am, so she loves the fact that I have lightsabers displayed all around. While she doesn't care much for the building process, she loves the final products

Lucky for me, my girlfriend is almost as big a nerd as I am, so she loves the fact that I have lightsabers displayed all around. While she doesn't care much for the building process, she loves the final products

Pretty familiar story for me although my wife does glaze over like Mugatu's wife if I carry on too long. She likes the finished product and has been asking when I'm going to complete the saber collection. She keeps after me about the TFA in particular.
This is my safe place, LOL.

I've had similar experiences with my parents, too. I few days ago I had to explain to them what a Graflex is. I have a TCSS saber that looks kinda like a Graflex (these parts)
holder20a.jpg
DSC00259.JPG

(I bought/made it before I knew anything about props/Graflexes)

*Explaining why I'm buying a real Graflex*

Dad: "Isn't that close enough?"
Me: Ha ha.... No.

She even knows some of your screen names without having any real clue who is behind them. She always asks me how Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi are. It's always Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi.

Well to stay on target ... you can show her this picture ... Sym-Cha as a Funky Jedi shot with a G R A F L E X camera on 4x5 black and white film ... with an OB1 ANH lightsaber ... albeit my first replica :lol

GraflexLightsaberNewRepublic.JPG

Chaim

Last edited:

Ok... so a quick update to my Vader ESB M.P.P. build (wow that's a lot of acronyms!)...

Thanks to mugatu I now have an accurate vintage M.P.P. clamp complete with its sleeve intact!

A quick recap for those of you following at home: I managed to luck out and get my hands on a M.P.P. flashgun a couple of years ago and while I knew that the shroud was incorrect (two-step), unbeknownst to me, it also had a variant clamp that did not have the sleeve that typically comes underneath the clamp.

I picked up a Parks clamp to use the sleeve, but that's when I found out that my clamp was too small to accept a sleeve (hence the 'variant clamp').

Here are some comparison pictures of my old clamp and my new one to highlight the differences:

IMG_2312.JPGIMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPGIMG_2315.JPG

And of course it was a gorgeous sunny spring day here in BC on Saturday so I couldn't resist some beauty shots :)

IMG_2316.JPGIMG_2317.JPGIMG_2318.JPG
IMG_2319.JPGIMG_2320.JPGIMG_2321.JPG

And one last fun picture with my "Vader-ish" lightsaber that I'm building for fun with a Busch flashgun that now (temporarily at least) sports a new clamp :D

IMG_2322.JPG

Still need to drill that shroud to add the D-ring... but hopefully soon!

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - M.P.P. ESB Update!

I think Blast Tech used your variant clamp to model theirs so long ago. sleeves wont fit either

sexy saber man!

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update!

A minor update this time...

I just received my new vintage clamp card from parfaitelumiere, which replaces my old vintage clamp card, because this one apparently has the proper thin silver bars (always something around here.... ;))

Looks pretty good I think!

IMG_2682_zpswryvdwgd.jpg

IMG_2682_zpswryvdwgd.jpg

IMG_2682_zpswryvdwgd.jpg

IMG_2682_zpswryvdwgd.jpg

IMG_2682_zpswryvdwgd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back