Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

Re: Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial

Thanks for all the info, dude. Glad my V2 got to be the prototype!

Last edited:

Did i miss it?

eeerrr i keep missing this buddy!! I will have a better write up soon, i need to transfer pictures to the PC, its pretty simple. i rough it up with some 0000 steel wool, then use a pick, and tap some dimples all over the top area of the clamp, where the pin is. then take 400grit paper, and very lightly rough random areas up.

then i dip a tooth pick in Birch wood casey super blood, and 1 drip at a time, let it hit the lever in the sections i just roughed up. i quickly wipe away with a watery tipped Q-tip. and i mean quick, this lever turns black VERY VERY easily.

alittle acrylic wash with black acrylic and a paper towel, and thats how i get the weathered look on the tip of the lever

hope this helps, kind of a hack job reporting this...

Tomorrow is my LAST day at the job site ive been busting my hump at. then im free for a while, this will give me time to update this thread. i got 1005 pictures to transfer/backup, so it takes awhile...

i also got 2 other things in the works, so be on the look out! :cool

- - - Updated - - -

So this is kinda boring at first, i figured i'd show it anyway to answer anyones questions about the actual spray painting part. but later on in the video i explain how i weather each chip.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPDATES: 9-12-18

Added Painting the V2 black + weathering the paint chips to Video Tutorial section (post #6)

Added Painting and weathering video in Painting Section (post #4)​

Last edited:

Quit farting around with new toys and get back to my V2! ;p

Your very very close ;)

bb08b7aa8c366b7d513d040e74623df8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mean to derail this thread. I came across a thread where someone showed that they aged their V2 with bleach. Dummy me forget to subscribe to it, and for the life of me I can't find it again. Any help would be appreciated find it again..........

Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial

I don't mean to derail this thread. I came across a thread where someone showed that they aged their V2 with bleach. Dummy me forget to subscribe to it, and for the life of me I can't find it again. Any help would be appreciated find it again..........

Eeerrrr... I remember this too.... it might be in the anakin starkiller show off thread

But I can’t remember where or who it was either

Eeerrrr... I remember this too.... it might be in the anakin starkiller show off thread

But I can’t remember where or who it was either

Looked there and didn't see it. Maybe I'm blind as a bat though.

The guy was showing that the upper half turned a different color from the lower half.

Looked there and didn't see it. Maybe I'm blind as a bat though.

The guy was showing that the upper half turned a different color from the lower half.

I totally remember because I was amazed at how well it worked with bleach.

Wish I remembered the thread, I spammed the V2 so much in so many threads god only knows lol

I didn't bookmark it, so I don't know who it was/where it was, but I *did* make a notation of the technique that he shared:

"1/3 bleach 2/3 water - leave in there between 4 - 8 hours depending on darkness required. Wire wool 0000, then repeat to build up depth."

I didn't bookmark it, so I don't know who it was/where it was, but I *did* make a notation of the technique that he shared:

"1/3 bleach 2/3 water - leave in there between 4 - 8 hours depending on darkness required. Wire wool 0000, then repeat to build up depth."

Thank you!

I'm totally going to do this on my KR Sabers

My KR is going to stay AFBB, I really love the look they settled on for it, but this is 100% what I'm doing with my AS

@halliwax - Great video, amazing you had time despite your week - thank you!
1/3 bleach 2/3 water - leave in there between 4 - 8 hours depending on darkness required. Wire wool 0000, then repeat to build up depth.

So I'm thinking about doing the bleach method. But do I need to seal it like the A14 that halliwax is using?

- - - Updated - - -

I totally remember because I was amazed at how well it worked with bleach.

Wish I remembered the thread, I spammed the V2 so much in so many threads god only knows lol

Found it! It was a few pages back! Me feels dumb now:p

I've got a couple of questions on assembly before I balls anything up!
How far down the booster should I drill for the cone knob? I'm planning on fixing it with a nut on the inside does anyone know what size and thread I'll require?
How's everyone else fixing theirs?
Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back