Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Where did the knurling observation come from? That pic of Mark holding it, or a first hand description? The pic alone isn't definitive enough IMO, it could just be corrosion or something. Because knurling has been suggested, I can see it - it might just be the power of suggestion though.

Where did the knurling observation come from? That pic of Mark holding it, or a first hand description? The pic alone isn't definitive enough IMO, it could just be corrosion or something. Because knurling has been suggested, I can see it - it might just be the power of suggestion though.

It's been confirmed from someone who's held it in their own hands. Lucky lucky!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...I was reading through some of the thread and I will continue to but figured i would post this question anyway that might clarify it more quickly. I admittedly am not a light saber expert but as I wanted to collect one or two as a representation display for SW I had done a great deal of looking into the Graflex because of the history in the movie perspective but always really liked the ROTJ saber so coming across a decently enough priced one I picked one up and now looking a bit deeper at the details of this one.

I looked before ordering but the one I have looks like a bit of a combo of the Hero and the V2 and I figured I might try to mod it to the one I could most accurately represent. At the same time I kind of like the emitter detail of the behind the scenes TFA/TLJ version... My main question is the diameter substantially different between the two, one looks a little more slender maybe and specifically the emitter platform. With the V2 being different how much wider or so it appears is it? The V2 (and possibly the TFA/TLJ?)always looks wider to me and wider than the "Hero" of which mine I think looks closer to. Thanks!

20170712_223939.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. The short of it is that the V2 is a little bit different in size to the Hero. The Hero is a little smaller and slimmer than the V2/Shared Stunt props. You can read a whole lot more on the subject, and with less time put in, by using the prop "Bible" SethS compiled. It's pinned to the top of the Star Wars thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
V2! Sixth Scale! Someone's been paying attention :D

Welllllllllllllllllll.... I dunno 'bout that. Does a plastic robot hand have blood in it? I didn't see any coursing through his forearm when they had his trap-door open at the end of ESB where we got to see all the mechanical gibblygook tendons in there when they were poking his new robot fingers.

Epic fail from HT.The V2 would be a lot nicer for this figure and the scenes.The Hero on the eperor´s throne...:thumbsdown

That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot. Their ESB Graflex for their Bespin Luke isn't very good and they simply re-used it for their ANH figure.

Inigou (who's here in the forum) made a faithful V2 in 1/6 which was available at the same time as his ROTJ Luke head sculpt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back