Alien Nostromo interior models

I'm sure I'm way late on this, but wasn't Jim Cameron the art director and/or production designer on "Galaxy Of Terror"? And, since "ALIEN" was made in 1979 and "Galaxy" was made in 1980, surely Dilly, Cobb and Christian influenced "Galaxy" and not the other way round? - mh

I'm sure I'm way late on this, but wasn't Jim Cameron the art director and/or production designer on "Galaxy Of Terror"? And, since "ALIEN" was made in 1979 and "Galaxy" was made in 1980, surely Dilly, Cobb and Christian influenced "Galaxy" and not the other way round? - mh

Cameron was the production designer. He basically handled the coordination of the building of sets and props as signed off by the director in coordination with the art director. In short, he was the guy who made sure everything got built while the art director made sure everything was consistent with the director's vision. So, any influence by Alien to Galaxy of Terror would have to be something that you'd have to ask the director or art director. But, to be honest, Cameron has admitted that he did invite Ron Cobb to help out in some of the designs in Aliens.

I just tried to log in and it seems to have worked for the first time in four weeks. This is a test post to see if anyone can see it. Please comment if you can view this message.

GOOD STUFF! Have you checked out the game Alien:Isolation? Amazing game but even better look and feel of the sets. Might be a good place for ref? :)

I've seen the 'walk-through' on Youtube, and seen how opinion is deeply divided on how good the game is; some love it, some hate it. Seeing as it all seems to be working again here, I can now add the test pic (left) and 'proper' pic (right) of the new shuttle airlock approach passageway I recently made.
Test pic 60 Oct 2014.JPG Y.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back