Alien Nostromo interior models

Okay, here we go then :)

In this pic, the one on the left is my invention, the one on the right is copied from the machine at far right.

C Deck passageway machinery 1.JPG View 5A2.jpg

In this pic, the structure I assume was some kind of fluid pumping/storage tanks. My original version on the left (and yes they are Humbrol paint tins), and a new one I've just made on the right, with the screenshot to show it just in front of Parker & Brett. The three 'tanks' are actually worn-out paper rollers from an old photocopier.

C Deck passageway machinery 2.JPG View 2A1.jpg

Last edited:
Both these are copied from those in the movie, the one on the left is the second machine on the right in this pic, seen from the opposite direction.

C Deck passageway machinery 3.JPG View 5A2.jpg

And the one on the right is the first one in this pic, in front of the fluid tanks.

View 2A1.jpg

Last edited:
These two are my creations. The long one on the right is made from Legrand DIN-rail cable terminations that just happened to be a convenient size & shape. The silver pipes connecting them are small plastic tubes glued into holes in the terminations.

C Deck passageway machinery 6.JPG

Most of these machines are full of gaps seen like this, but when seen almost end-on in place in the models, they look a jumble of pipes and tubes, just as I hoped they would. The other thing I deliberately did was to make most of the detail pieces visible from one end, so by using them in different 'scenes', when seen from the opposite end, they are not obviously the same ones.

Last edited:
These next ones are from the various storage room sets. Some copied from what is visible in the movie, others my own creations.

C Deck room machines 1.JPG C Deck room machines 2.JPG
In the second pic, from L-R they are car fuse holders, a coax plug, a low voltage cable connector & one made from bits & pieces.

C Deck room machines 3.JPG
In this one the left-hand machine is the inside of a 415v 3-phase socket & the right-hand one is made from the base of a proximity switch, both with added detailing. All the silver pipes on the right-hand one were removable, so by using some pipes in one shot seen from one angle, and others in a different shot seen from a different angle, it would appear as two different machines.

C Deck room machines 4.JPG
The two in this pic are made from high-voltage cable connectors, with detail bits & pieces glued on.

Last edited:
These next ones are just bits & pieces stuck together in what I considered pleasing shapes.

C Deck room machines 5.JPG C Deck room machines 6.JPG

In the second pic, the left-hand machine I intended to be some kind of airtank. I've since painted it matt silver as it was too grey all in the same colour. It is in fact the shell of a Kinder egg with holes drilled for the piping.

Last edited:
Yep, first ones are working for me also, but not the other attachments:cry As for the first pics, really good scratch-build stuff:cool

Oh for **** sake not this again. Thanks for letting me know guys. Every time I've uploaded pics the first one or two have worked, but anything after that has had to be done again, in one case twice more, yet the upload process is identical every time. I'll try re-uploading the pics to each post separetely.

Oh for **** sake not this again. Thanks for letting me know guys. Every time I've uploaded pics the first one or two have worked, but anything after that has had to be done again, in one case twice more, yet the upload process is identical every time. I'll try re-uploading the pics to each post separetely.

Why this post has appeared twice I do not understand. I also do not understand why there is no option to delete posts.

Last edited:
I've deleted and re-uploaded all the error images. Last night they were all there, this morning they all had error message bar the first post. Let me know how many are visible this time please guys.

Incredible work Andy!!!! I haven't been on the RPF for a week or so but come back to find these images of what I so honestly dread to create when the time comes! LOL! Actually I don't dread it - I look forward to playing around with parts and being creative like this :) Other than scale, it's no different than what the fabricators had to do on the set - look for junk, put it together and make it look like it "worked"!

Cheers Mr Slithfire, that's very kind of you to say so. The base blocks of most of the machines are just cut pieces of wood glued together, with dowling painted silver to join them. Making them was time-consuming, as not only did it require multiple viewings of certain scenes from the movie, I had to make sketches as well. When it came to adding the detail bits & pieces, I had to keep stopping until the following day to let what I had stuck on glue firmly, then add more until I was happy with the result. Sometimes once they were painted, certain parts didn't look right, so some rebuilding took place. As you say, it was just like dressing a movie set, using junk & making it look 'real'. If you wish to use my pics as reference material for your own build please feel free.

As in the movie it is very difficult to see the actual shapes of the machines, I was soooo glad this image was in 'The Book of Alien' by Scanlon & Gross, as it clearly shows not only the base shape of the passageway machines, but the configuration of the passageway itself.

C Deck corridor set.jpg View 1A1.JPG

Last edited:
Something I've just come across in an article about how filmmaker David Lean fell out with Steven Spielberg (who had offered to produce it) during pre-production on what would have been Lean's final movie, had he not died aged 83 a few weeks before filming was set to begin. The film was to be called Nostromo, and was based on Joseph Conrad's 1904 novel of the same name. The lead character was an Italian sea-captain called Nostromo, there was also a character Narcissus, and a mining town called Sulaco in the fictional South American state of Costaguana. I'm sure some of you already know this, but it was new to me. I did know that Conrad's novel Heart of Darkness was the basis for Francis Ford Coppola's masterpiece Apocalypse Now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back