Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Hey guys,long time lurker and all that :)

ive been following this thread for a while and decided to subscribe about a month ago ,I've worked on each issue as ive received them and having so much fun so far:)

i like many im sure have always regretted not bagging a MR falcon back when they went up and have nearly shelled out a ton of money a few times getting one on eBay......pretty happy I didn't now!

im really impressed with the parts I've already received and won't be going to mad with painting etc,I've purchased tamiya weathering A,B,C,D,E,F,G .....so I think they'll keep me busy.

anyway it's good to finally register and looking forward to learning from you guys over the next two years :)

Hey guys,long time lurker and all that :)

ive been following this thread for a while and decided to subscribe about a month ago ,I've worked on each issue as ive received them and having so much fun so far:)

i like many im sure have always regretted not bagging a MR falcon back when they went up and have nearly shelled out a ton of money a few times getting one on eBay......pretty happy I didn't now!

im really impressed with the parts I've already received and won't be going to mad with painting etc,I've purchased tamiya weathering A,B,C,D,E,F,G .....so I think they'll keep me busy.

anyway it's good to finally register and looking forward to learning from you guys over the next two years :)

Welcome. I think this will fill the MR Falcon void many of us have. Especially those of us that filled that void and then had to empty it.

I find it kinda strange the gunners window is also rotated wrong on the blue-prints...was there ever a version of the falcon where this was correct? Seems like an odd error to make and not fix...

Welcome. I think this will fill the MR Falcon void many of us have. Especially those of us that filled that void and then had to empty it.
I came so close to getting a MR FALCON..i think they were what $2,500?... I had gotten a MR SNOWSPEEDER and it didn't thrill me as much as I thought it would.. I recall I didn't like how it was painted...but maybe I was being hyper critical... plus it doesn't have the pilots which really takes away from the ship. Anyhow..I skipped buying the falcon, so this is really a golden second shot at one.... I still have the SNOWSPEEDER but its buried in a bottom shelf..can't even see it... :(

Also.... it always bugged me these were called snow-speeders... when they say in the movie they are having trouble adapting them to the cold weather :) hehe and never call them anything buy "SPEEDERS"... star wars seems to name a lot of things AFTER the movie by means of the TOYS :) I guess snow speeder is better than Cold Weather, but not too cold speeders"

So are any of you guys ordering from the States and shipping to Canada? Have you received yet?

Cuz I need to know... was there DUTY charged?

I'm trying to figure whether I get it sent to an addy in the states and pick up, or send it to myself in Canada...

There is no Duty on magazines or anything under 20 dollars.... but if it comes in one box of 4 issues that are worth 66 USD, then I may be screwed.

Canucks? You out there?

So are any of you guys ordering from the States and shipping to Canada? Have you received yet?

I'm trying to figure whether I get it sent to an addy in the states and pick up, or send it to myself in Canada...

There is no Duty on magazines or anything under 20 dollars.... but if it comes in one box of 4 issues that are worth 66 USD, then I may be screwed.

Canucks? You out there?

It comes in one box and its worth $59 bucks :) Did you try calling them?

I will be calling, but thought maybe someone already tried it out.

If it comes in a box, I'm screwed, heh. To the States it is!

Very well said my friend...and damn if that isn't the absolute truth !!! I could kick myself in the head for not pursuing that opportunity , to think ...OOOO I will try later , they will be around a while...truly a regret I have !!!

I will be calling, but thought maybe someone already tried it out.

If it comes in a box, I'm screwed, heh. To the States it is!
It comes in a box...strangely once you open it, there is a slightly smaller box inside it....inside that are the 4 magazines loose, and the parts on cardboard secured to the card with a bubble plastic shell...4 of those..... The 1st set also comes with blueprints and another welcome to the kit fold out.

It comes in a box...strangely once you open it, there is a slightly smaller box inside it....inside that are the 4 magazines loose, and the parts on cardboard secured to the card with a bubble plastic shell...4 of those..... The 1st set also comes with blueprints and another welcome to the kit fold out.

Yeah... I'm not sure why they double pack it like they did or why the magazines are loose in the box with the parts. You could probably get everything into a single shipping envelope instead of a box with no damage if you put a thick piece of cardboard in the envelope with it.

Yeah... I'm not sure why they double pack it like they did or why the magazines are loose in the box with the parts. You could probably get everything into a single shipping envelope instead of a box with no damage if you put a thick piece of cardboard in the envelope with it.

I am a crazy packer. I like double boxes, lot's of bubble wrap. I really appreciate the double boxing. Makes sure everything arrives safe. The magazines loose are a suprise but they seem to arrive fine.

I say good for them.

Finally got my first delivery of four magazines. I don't have my blueprint! :confused I have a shirt but no blueprint. No Han Solo figure either but I have a shirt.

Does anyone know if there are late subscribers if they'll fast-track them to the current publishing so were not behind?

i just took the plunge and signed up, i missed the MR falcon years ago due to being hospitalized so this the next best thing.
edspaged2 i believe the han solo figure will be included in following deliveries, they don't give you everything at once. (eg the wall bracket on the last issue)

perhaps the blueprint is a UK thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just took the plunge and signed up, i missed the MR falcon years ago due to being hospitalized so this the next best thing.
@edspaged2 i believe the han solo figure will be included in following deliveries, they don't give you everything at once. (eg the wall bracket on the last issue)

perhaps the blueprint is a UK thing?

Cheers, yeah I just started reading up on their FAQ's. I'm actually in the UK at the moment. In Scotland. Your home turf :) Thought I would subscribe while I'm here. I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they can send out a blueprint. At least I've got the shirt though eh.

I was wondering about the wall bracket whether they would send that last or in the first issues. Would have been an opportune moment for someone to get a cheap TV wall bracket with minor modification.

i'm sure i read further back somewhere the overseas guys were not getting the blueprints, let us know what they say, i want mine too!

i think mines gonna be wall mounted so it will be a long wait. i also think i'll wait until i have it all before building anything, you know how these things are with upgraded parts etc..

they are already coming thick and fast, bound to be photo etched stuff later, lighting kits etc..

i also see guys working on the original issue 1 parts that are now incorrect, on you tube. they are gonna be pissed off when they find out.

Well I know the Han figure was available in the UK, but not in the US. Neither was the T-shirt in the US, but we did get the blueprint. Seems as if the Aussies get the T-shirt but not the blueprint. You'd think that they would just include everything for everyone, but I guess not.

I like the double boxing as well. If they are packaged the same as in the UK, part 5 and all after come in bags. It was quite a let down after the fine packaging of 1-4, so boxes are a must.

Canucks? You out there?

I had never considered duty charges on this because I thought because it is a magazine subscription it would be exempt. If they do charge a lot for duty on these it will end up costing more than I had planned. Hopefully that will not be the case. I guess I will find out soon when I get my first shipment.

I had never considered duty charges on this because I thought because it is a magazine subscription it would be exempt. If they do charge a lot for duty on these it will end up costing more than I had planned. Hopefully that will not be the case. I guess I will find out soon when I get my first shipment.

SHOULD be... I'll be calling on it monday and post my findings for any other canucks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back