Loki Helmet Take 2 - Avengers Version - Now with added shoulders!

Paul Taylor

Jr Member
Hey folks,
So a while ago I posted a thread regarding my first ever build, a Loki helmet. It was the one that seems to be doing the rounds these days, and while it was ok, I wanted an Avengers faithful version. I am no good at modelling myself, so if you pay, you get.....
Here is the finished pep. Took a little while to get it finished, but i'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.
Just need to wait for the weather to turn over here so I can get outside and get the resin and fibreglass stages sorted out:

IMG_0739_zpsdeadee79.jpgIMG_0738_zpsfa505468.jpgIMG_0735_zpsb19e8486.jpgIMG_0737_zps8c62b3a5.jpgIMG_0734_zps7a075787.jpg

As you can see, the horns i particular are placed in a much more aggressive forward position, and the curves through the side to the back are a little more prominent than the last version:
Helmet_zpse1234b72.jpg
I personally love the new version.
I am just waiting for the armour pieces to be sent to me so I can put together the arms and shoulder pieces, I will keep the thread updated!

Cheers,
P.

Last edited:
Re: Loki Helmet Take 2 - Avengers Version

one of the best peps I've seen. Nice and neat.

looks good, i just goggled a pic of loki's avengers helmet to compare and it looks like the cheek parts are too long. Might want to check that out while you're still at cardboard stage.

Also looks to be missing the bit on his forehead that sticks out.

You're definitely on the right track, I'd love to build anything that neat and tidy!

295354-lokigold.png

one of the best peps I've seen. Nice and neat.

looks good, i just goggled a pic of loki's avengers helmet to compare and it looks like the cheek parts are too long. Might want to check that out while you're still at cardboard stage.

Also looks to be missing the bit on his forehead that sticks out.

You're definitely on the right track, I'd love to build anything that neat and tidy!

http://www.therpf.com/members/lovelyandy/albums/misc/295354-lokigold.png

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the feedback. Although you cant see it in the images I originally posted, the front section is there, here is pic from earlier in the build...
photo_zpsb426e32c.jpg
It may just need to be filled slightly as it looks a little more indented than the pic you posted. Good spot!
As for the cheeks being a little long, when it sits properly on my head its actually pretty good, if you look Loki's helmet is sitting higher at the back of head than it does on me test shots, so when I hold it in position they cheek bits come to the right place.

Am going to have to think about where to split the model soon though... as you can see on the pic you posted, the cheek pieces are quite close fitting to the face, which means they don't go up over the head, the have to come in from the back around the neck, and then attach to the crown.... I am sure there is a video on the net somewhere of Tom Hiddleston taking his on and off and what makes up the the two pieces, if anyone can find it?

Cheers
P.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the feedback. Although you cant see it in the images I originally posted, the front section is there, here is pic from earlier in the build...
View attachment 295370
It may just need to be filled slightly as it looks a little more indented than the pic you posted. Good spot!
As for the cheeks being a little long, when it sits properly on my head its actually pretty good, if you look Loki's helmet is sitting higher at the back of head than it does on me test shots, so when I hold it in position they cheek bits come to the right place.

Am going to have to think about where to split the model soon though... as you can see on the pic you posted, the cheek pieces are quite close fitting to the face, which means they don't go up over the head, the have to come in from the back around the neck, and then attach to the crown.... I am sure there is a video on the net somewhere of Tom Hiddleston taking his on and off and what makes up the the two pieces, if anyone can find it?

Cheers
P.

Ahh nice one. That makes sense, it not being padded etc Yeah i can totally see it sitting right if you had like a little sponge on the back of your head :)

There's a bonus feature on the Thor Blu ray that shows how his helmet works, i imagine it's pretty similar for the avengers version. I assume it's just split on one of the lines either near the top of the head or about level with the cheeks.

Which pep did you use? you said you bought it?

I'm planning on doing a pep-d loki helmet next and this one looks ace.

Hey folks,
So a while ago I posted a thread regarding my first ever build, a Loki helmet. It was the one that seems to be doing the rounds these days, and while it was ok, I wanted an Avengers faithful version. I am no good at modelling myself, so if you pay, you get.....
Here is the finished pep. Took a little while to get it finished, but i'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.
Just need to wait for the weather to turn over here so I can get outside and get the resin and fibreglass stages sorted out:

View attachment 295158View attachment 295159View attachment 295160View attachment 295161View attachment 295162

As you can see, the horns i particular are placed in a much more aggressive forward position, and the curves through the side to the back are a little more prominent than the last version:
View attachment 295163
I personally love the new version.
I am just waiting for the armour pieces to be sent to me so I can put together the arms and shoulder pieces, I will keep the thread updated!

Cheers,
P.

Nice job man, can you post where we can buy the pep file? junkyard? Thanks in advance

Guess I will have to go out and buy the Thor film then...I guess you are talking the Dark World? Shame...... Was a pretty disappointing film apart from Loki...

The pep was a private commission. I have just been emailed the shoulder armor, will see about getting that started tonight.

Cheers

Oh god no I'm talking Thor, as in Thor 1, i'd never recommend anyone buy TDW. Me and the missus were (and still are) super dissapointed with Thor 2 even Loki ain't his usual awesome, there's just something about that whole movie that feels like they got everything in the first take and didn't bother. Anthony Hopkins looks like he's dead on the inside :(

If you'd like i could look out the feature and take some photos of the tv with my phone (not very hi tec but my dvd player aint working on my laptop)

Private commision eh, so you're only giving it out to your close friends, like myself :lol

I'm getting a Heimdall helmet modeled and pep'd as we speak.

Oh god no I'm talking Thor, as in Thor 1, i'd never recommend anyone buy TDW. Me and the missus were (and still are) super dissapointed with Thor 2 even Loki ain't his usual awesome, there's just something about that whole movie that feels like they got everything in the first take and didn't bother. Anthony Hopkins looks like he's dead on the inside :(

If you'd like i could look out the feature and take some photos of the tv with my phone (not very hi tec but my dvd player aint working on my laptop)

Private commision eh, so you're only giving it out to your close friends, like myself :lol

I'm getting a Heimdall helmet modeled and pep'd as we speak.

Glad i'm not the only one who thought it was poor. Mind you, i'm a it of a completists so will probably end up buying it anyway just to have in the collection.
The screen grabs would be really useful, much appreciated :)

I saw your heimdall pep thread the other day, glad you got someone to do it for you, can't wait to see how it looks.... and how massive it is going to be!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Great job on the pep. Loving the Avengers helmet.

Thanks :) I find the pepping quite relaxing, its all the other stuff that comes next that i'm not so enjoying. Maybe I can just build pep models for other people to resin and finish!

Right there with you, I got it just because I really wanted to see the new one shot. I'm hoping I'll get used to it and the dissapointment will wear off.

Iron Man 3 was awesome and I was so excited for Phase 2, but I think Guardians looks horrible, didn't enjoy Thor 2, hoping Cap 2 will be good but it looks a bit too agents of shieldy to me.

I've actually stopped being excited about Ant Man :cry

Those are amazing photos, although the OP is building the Avengers version and these are from Thor

Hey mate, thanks a lot for posting these, very helpful indeed.

JB - I realise they are from Thor, thats what we originally discussed, I was looking at ideas about how the two sections might fit together :)

It looks like there is almost an inner shell in the top section that connects to the inside of the bottom. It also looks like there is way more flexibility in the cheek sections than I regionally thought there would be.

Food for thought anyway.
Progress has not stopped on my armour pieces, just the small issue of having run out appropriate card for the shoulders and upper arms I now have the pep files for, and my local art shop waiting for a deliver. There will be more progress posted soon, I promise!!!

P.

No worries man, glad to be of help.
JBReplicas I'm flattered you think I'm not so geeky as to know the difference between Thor and Avengers helmets :)

I'm sure the technology is the same for both helmets. Looking forward to any updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I am not making much progress at the minute due to work and being ill, but I have received some more armor files that I thought you might like to see a preview of :)

We have the shoulder / chest armor piece

Shoulder.png

And the upper arm armor piece.

UpperArm.png

Just waiting on the lower arm bracers now.
Can't wait to get started, and at least we now appear to have the weather here in the UK when I can go outside and use resin and filler without freezing my bits off / getting drenched!
Time to order some more paper for building too.

Wow thats a beast! Look forward to seeing it done, all the helmets in these movies are stunning pieces.

So I finally got some time last night to put together one of the shoulder armour pieces.
It actually comes as 2 separate builds which will need sticking together (not done yet, just well balanced in the photos!), but thought you guys might like to see the progress.
I am really happy with how they turned out, they fit really well to my costumes shoulder profile, but they did take a fair bit of time because there is a lot if fiddly sections to give detail.

Anyway, photos here:

IMG_0747.jpgIMG_0750.jpgIMG_0751.jpgIMG_0752.jpgIMG_0748.jpgIMG_0745.jpgIMG_0749.jpg

I will hopefully be starting on the upper arm armour in the next couple of days,so keep an eye out.

I have NEVER seen Pepakura before... that is SO cool. Amazing job. :) Any update on the finished product?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back