Recast Alert - Blade Runner Badges

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It has been brought to my attention that Ebay users gordenj67 and nissan19733

both out of the UK are selling recasts of my Blade Runner K and Deckard badges.

How do I know they are recast? Just by the numbers alone, they have to be recast. No individual in the UK has bought enough.

Beyond that, they are the wrong color cold cast, you can clearly see where they have just molded the laser engraved KD6-3.7 and the fact that every tiny flaw and defect is matched on both badges. And the fact, that the Deckard badge is wholly my own creation.

I have sent them messages asking to take the sales on ebay down. If any of my fellow RPF'ers have any info on the two user names, please let me know.

To the member here that purchased these from me and has now recast them. I will be going through each of my sales to the UK and If I find your identity, I will get you banned from the RPF.

There aren't that many sales to the UK that wouldn't make it worth my time to come after you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little info, gordenj67 had an older ID in his history of gjackson2013UK. So when searching your records, you might look for Gorden Jackson, based upon combining portions of his two ID names.

This really sucks and I'm very sorry to hear this has happened :(

I'm one of your UK buyers but please discount me from your investigation, I have yet to receive mine. (Do you know how long roughly delivery is to the UK?)

OH, did you only sell here or did you sell through Facebook page as well? That will help in searching names.

OH, did you only sell here or did you sell through Facebook page as well? That will help in searching names.

Only here. I have a pretty good idea of who it is. I guess I need to contact the mods to see what the level of proof needed is around here these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I saw these for sale on etsy too.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I was alerted to the Esty seller as well. Thanks.

Only here. I have a pretty good idea of who it is. I guess I need to contact the mods to see what the level of proof needed is around here these days.
:thumbsup

Do you think they are supplying the item to BOTH eBay accounts, or is this two different individuals?

As a vendor, maker, and prop enthusiast, I can safely say that there is a special place in hell for recasters. The fact that you can steal someone else's hard work, and live with yourself is sad all around. On that note, see if you connect the email address on his/her eBay account to their email on here. That should help a lot. I hope you get this all sorted out brother sorry to hear about this! Keep us updated!

:thumbsup

Do you think they are supplying the item to BOTH eBay accounts, or is this two different individuals?

Same wrong color, so I'm pretty sure same recasting ass-hat. nissan19733 did pull his auction.

If all you RPF'ers want to ask gordenj67 an unusually large amount of inane questions about his listing, please do!:lol

Same wrong color, so I'm pretty sure same recasting ass-hat. nissan19733 did pull his auction.

If all you RPF'ers want to ask gordenj67 an unusually large amount of inane questions about his listing, please do!:lol

Hopefully you have narrowed down the culprit and Mods will be swift in banning.

sorry to hear about this, absolutely aggravating to say the least. make sure you let us know who the culprit is once you've identified them so we can all publicly shame them! :lol

As a vendor, maker, and prop enthusiast, I can safely say that there is a special place in hell for recasters. The fact that you can steal someone else's hard work, and live with yourself is sad all around. On that note, see if you connect the email address on his/her eBay account to their email on here. That should help a lot. I hope you get this all sorted out brother sorry to hear about this! Keep us updated!

What happened to you taking a break from the RPF? :lol

What happened to you taking a break from the RPF? :lol

I did buddy I needed to clear my mind from a bit.. now I'm back. You know you missed me ;) . Actually, now that your quoting my posts I am working on a sandman gun. Thought about you when I lit a cigarette :p

It looks like the nissan19733 auction(s) were taken down, but the gordenj67 ones are still up.

If you need any more evidence that the K badges are recasts of your original designs, just look at how they replicate the (minor) imperfections of your design. At the edge of the badge in the starburst pattern there are three ridges on the left, while on the right there is a smooth curve. It's hardly noticeable unless you have the badge in your hand, but that exact feature is present on both the original and the reproduction.

Pulled the trigger on these when I was tired a few nights back, thinking they were Gordon Gekko's. Realised the next morning that they were the wrong colour and that the genuine Gordon isn't based in the UK. Will purchase the original article in due course!

Just to further Birdie's excellent suggestion, if there are any UK members who unwittingly purchased from his Ebay auction and can provide me proof of his contact details, I will send you a badge for your help.

Just to be clear, I am only looking for the info so I have solid proof to get this ass-hat banned from the RPF.

-GG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back