The thin-necked lightsaber appreciation society

Looking forward to eventually joining the ranks for real, rather than just being a bystander. My Inception Elite should arrive in a few months barring any delays from Roman. Next up, some day getting his Mk1 and building a custom one out of MHS parts.

I just remembered that I can join the club!

WIP Korbanth K4 and Roman Props Balance V4

58eac714-e98f-4d44-a11d-3ac00d241b30.jpg

08245218-2fe4-496f-ae24-6620a21ee2db.jpg

Mine arrived today and it is awesome! Great heft to it, and the engineering is terrific. However, the instructions are not the most helpfful. Are there any tutorials on how to assemble the K4? I don't have a sound chip or anything, just want to attach the buttons and calculator bubble. Thanks... I'll post photos once it's together.

Mine arrived today and it is awesome! Great heft to it, and the engineering is terrific. However, the instructions are not the most helpfful. Are there any tutorials on how to assemble the K4? I don't have a sound chip or anything, just want to attach the buttons and calculator bubble. Thanks... I'll post photos once it's together.

If you aren't going to do sound install, just super glue the fake washers and rivets in the clamp. And you might need some clear tape for the bubble card. I was able to tighten down the clamp enough on mine so I didn't need tape.

Thanks, Joek3rr -- I might actually want to add sounds. And what do you mean by adding tape to the bubble card? Mine slides very easily, even after the clamp is closed. Is there a way of tightening that?

Thanks, Joek3rr -- I might actually want to add sounds. And what do you mean by adding tape to the bubble card? Mine slides very easily, even after the clamp is closed. Is there a way of tightening that?

1) Unscrew the lower section
2) lift the lever to open the lamp
3)slide clamp off
4) squeeze the side together and rotate the lever clockwise one full turn.
5) slide it back on................it scrape some fo the finish off but you won't see it under the clamp
6) put it all back together and see if it works

or

build up the card by using layers of clear tape

hope that helps:)

oh and let's see some pictures of it!

Joek3rr, you da' man! I couldn't get the clamp to budge, so used the tape trick. Scotch packing tape is the perfect width for the bubble strip, so I added about 8 pieces to make the fit nice and tight.

I'm not going to fiddle with the buttons until I decide if I want to add sounds and/or lights at some point. Honestly, getting the bubble strip secured was my biggest concern -- thanks for the tip!!

I'm by no means an expert, so am perfectly happy with the weathering as-is. I love how they really added grunge instead of just painting it to simulate a beaten-up saber. Even if some company releases an "official" Kenobi at some point in the future, I just can't see it topping this one. So glad I pulled the trigger.

Joek3rr, you da' man! I couldn't get the clamp to budge, so used the tape trick. Scotch packing tape is the perfect width for the bubble strip, so I added about 8 pieces to make the fit nice and tight.

I'm not going to fiddle with the buttons until I decide if I want to add sounds and/or lights at some point. Honestly, getting the bubble strip secured was my biggest concern -- thanks for the tip!!

I'm by no means an expert, so am perfectly happy with the weathering as-is. I love how they really added grunge instead of just painting it to simulate a beaten-up saber. Even if some company releases an "official" Kenobi at some point in the future, I just can't see it topping this one. So glad I pulled the trigger.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/952/28332931598_50896885e2.jpg

Nice Saber! The weathering job is really good! Glad I could be of some help:$

Hey guys. Sorry I'm late to the party. Had to dig up some photos form last year, at the height of my collection. Left to right: Saberforge Prodigal Son (custom paint and BladePlug), OR Hero (With KR EP VII Target BladePlug), Spirit of OB1's V3, Solo's Hold custom V3 (installed), Solo's Hold V2 (installed), Master Replicas V2, Anakin Starkiller V2 second run (Trooper Trent Stencils). I had to move countries last year and most of these sabers have a new home. Slowly building back the collection though.

IMG_6328.jpg IMG_6330.jpg IMG_6329.jpg

Hey guys. Sorry I'm late to the party. Had to dig up some photos form last year, at the height of my collection. Left to right: Saberforge Prodigal Son (custom paint and BladePlug), OR Hero (With KR EP VII Target BladePlug), Spirit of OB1's V3, Solo's Hold custom V3 (installed), Solo's Hold V2 (installed), Master Replicas V2, Anakin Starkiller V2 second run (Trooper Trent Stencils). I had to move countries last year and most of these sabers have a new home. Slowly building back the collection though.

View attachment 818994 View attachment 818995 View attachment 818996

Damn that’s one beautiful photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 818994 View attachment 818995 View attachment 818996

Collection goals right there

I know this thread is a little older but I figured I’d post a picture of 3 of my thin neck sabers. I currently have the Roman Props Inception Elite on preorder ( episode 3 Obi Wan, Incase somebody doesn’t know.) and I have had a few others including the RP V3, awesome saber but I have a mortgage and a kid on the way... and the KR Sabers Hero. Another awesome hilt but I wasn’t fond of the small grenade section and I prefer my RP Balance V4 over it.

Pictures below is my current collection (minus the Inception Elite).

The top hilt is a Roman Props Balance V4 (second run). I haven’t done any weathering or any work to this. The copper is left raw and thankfully weathered in only a few days.

The middle hilt is an RPK Customs V2 (gen 3?). The machinging on this hilt is amazing with all smooth edges and zero machining marks. I am aware that the paint job is not 100% accurate but I am pretty happy with it. If anyone reading this can do a 100% screen accurate paint job on this for fairly cheap, let me know.

And the bottom hilt is the new favorite in my collection. It is a Roman Props MK1 Static hilt. I just received it the other day and I absolutely love this thing! It’s so heavy and just feels right if that makes any sense. I plan on doing some “rust” in the grenade and bottom grip section. Any tips would be appreciated.

Anyways, those are my 3 of 4 thin necks. I’ll post my Inception Elite next month alongside my Watto’s Junkyard Tusken Slayer and my Ultimate Works Qui Gon.

Thanks for looking!

The middle hilt is an RPK Customs V2 (gen 3?). The machinging on this hilt is amazing with all smooth edges and zero machining marks. I am aware that the paint job is not 100% accurate but I am pretty happy with it. If anyone reading this can do a 100% screen accurate paint job on this for fairly cheap, let me know.

I'm about to start offering my weathering stencils for the RPK V2 in the next few weeks. $30 for a screen accurate paint job is pretty cheap. ;) Keep an eye on my etsy store (TrooperTrent)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back