Solo: A Star Wars Story

I think this guy is going to be a better Solo than Harrison Ford!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have always felt that Harrison Ford is a mediocre actor at best. His Han Solo? He always came off as if he was just...bored. I, for one, am happy to see someone else's take on the character.

giphy.gif

I think this guy is going to be a better Solo than Harrison Ford!

Dude! You look exactly like Clint Eastwood! :lol

He's a rugged, handsome man--always has been, always will be. That you think saying I look like him is a taking a jab at me, and not paying me a compliment, is just as bizarre as your contention that Alden Ehrenreich will be a better Han Solo than Harrison Ford. And shows how extraordinarily out of touch you are with reality.

He's a rugged, handsome man--always has been, always will be. That you think saying I look like him is a taking a jab at me, and not paying me a compliment, is just as bizarre as your contention that Alden Ehrenreich will be a better Han Solo than Harrison Ford. And shows how extraordinarily out of touch you are with reality.

Ohhhhh, I'm SO sorry. Did I hurt you little feel bads because I don't subscribe to your opinion? So in YOUR world, if somebody doesn't agree with YOU then they are "out of touch"?
Once again, keep posting. I can't embarrass you any more than you are doing to yourself.
Feel free to have the word. Hell, I ECOURAGE it! :lol

Ohhhhh, I'm SO sorry. Did I hurt you little feel bads because I don't subscribe to your opinion? So in YOUR world, if somebody doesn't agree with YOU then they are "out of touch"?
Once again, keep posting. I can't embarrass you any more than you are doing to yourself.
Feel free to have the word. Hell, I ECOURAGE it! :lol

giphy.gif

That has been the best trailer yet. I am liking what I see more and more.

I'm looking forward to it and I actually am warming to Alden as Solo. I think he does a good job of conveying a Solo who has not quite found himself yet.
I totally agree with you. It's looking better and better with each new trailer. Disney must have some wizards making these trailers because for me, the last two Star Wars movies (R1 and TLJ) trailers have been better than the actual movies. Im learning that trailers dont equal good movies. Hopefully thats not the case with this one too.

That has been the best trailer yet. I am liking what I see more and more.

I'm looking forward to it and I actually am warming to Alden as Solo. I think he does a good job of conveying a Solo who has not quite found himself yet.

OK... that looked really really good! :)

Its a matter of acclimatization.
The more I see of Alden in the trailers and clips, the less he worries me. Afterall (I keep telling myself) they must have seen something in his ability as an actor for him to have got the part against all the other options and given all the physical differences.
As I've said I feel kinda of sorry for the lad , it does take a certain amount of bravado to have decided to step into that role, knowing whose shoes he has to fill and I hope he comes out of it better than most of us imagine. I don't want him to fail, I don't want the film to fail, I need a good SW movie to restore my faith in the series. And that means I am prepared to cut him a little slack.
I've watched that last clip more times than any of the trailers because I really like the world building that has gone on , and it definitely has a very strong vibe of being its own kind of thing away from the Sagas and I like that.
Its defintely rekindled my interest. We'll never be able to replace the actors in the roles we watched in our youth however hard we wish it. But I really do want something to make me feel like I've seen something of that old SW spirit come bursting into flame again.
Heres hoping.

Does anyone have an idea what the belt greebles are on the Q'ira costume? When you search on fuel filters and Fuel filter brackets(A friend pointed out to me it looked a bit like that) Then you do get results of parts that seem somewhat in the right direction, but after searching for hours I still don't know what they are. Anyone any Clue?

The small brass bits on the ends have been identified (some fairly common air and machine hose couplers: a bleeder valve on top, and pneumatic hose or small hose coupler with the NTP male end for the lower bit), but the silver and black metal parts were custom machined for the prop. They're actually two pairs, with two connecting bands, intended to interface with the double-barreled blaster in some way.

s5WIrBq.jpg

Well, let's have a "Poll" for the next few posts: seeing those trailers, I'm slowly warming up to that movie (heck, I liked, not loved, TLJ and R1:D).
I'm sure that some of you will fall in a few of those:

1) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I loved the movie!
2) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I liked the movie!
3) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I'm too proud to admit that I loved the movie!
4) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I'm too proud to admit that I loved the movie, even under the threats of torture, will I not say so!:D

Well, let's have a "Poll" for the next few posts: seeing those trailers, I'm slowly warming up to that movie (heck, I liked, not loved, TLJ and R1:D).
I'm sure that some of you will fall in a few of those:

1) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I loved the movie!
2) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I liked the movie!
3) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I'm too proud to admit that I loved the movie!
4) Despise my criticism of the cast/sets/story/Disney, and other things that are too numerous to list here, I'm too proud to admit that I loved the movie, even under the threats of torture, will I not say so!:D

Why should I despise my criticism?

Are you starting T-shirts and hats logo'd with "Not my Solo"?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope he is. My production is busy with #NotMyLuke shirts. :)

I think it's all up to how this guy plays the part. I know some people will declare it a disaster because they just can't get it out of their head that it isn't Harrison Ford. I've played enough SW games with fake Hans and Lukes, that I don't think it will be that big of a deal. I do agree with harrisonp that his age will make it more believable if he's in his 20s.

:lol
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have always felt that Harrison Ford is a mediocre actor at best. I realize my opinion isn't very popular but that doesn't really concern me. I think Tom Selleck would have made a WAY better Indiana Jones. His Han Solo? He always came off as if he was just...bored. I, for one, am happy to see someone else's take on the character.
Though Ford is one of my favorite actors I do agree with you that his acting range seems pretty limited, mostly because he always seems to play some form of himself in every role.

I know. She needs to put some meat and potatoes on to play an adult woman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don’t see it. There is a slight resemblance sure, and she may be great to play a younger Leia... certainly not a post RotJ Leia.
The disparity between her and Stan.. who is 38.. and Ingruber.. who would never be cast, but is 28, would be way too much.
They’d have to put some really great , subtle aging makeup on her.. or cast an actress closer to the appropriate age range.

I don’t see it. There is a slight resemblance sure, and she may be great to play a younger Leia... certainly not a post RotJ Leia.
The disparity between her and Stan.. who is 38.. and Ingruber.. who would never be cast, but is 28, would be way too much.
They’d have to put some really great , subtle aging makeup on her.. or cast an actress closer to the appropriate age range.

Yah, she wouldn't work in the mash-up Wook posted, but I think she's the spitting image of a young Leia, and I would LOVE to see Disney give her her own movie.
They made a young Solo solo film - now make a young Leia solo film.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back