Back to the Future Marty's Holographic Cap (BTTF)

Re: Where to buy accurate BTTF2 cap?

@Spyhunter2k, the new pattern looks great, but there is one thing I think needs tweaking. I do not thing the sides are actually perfectly vertical. My tweaked pattern had them sloping inwards so the new walls were about 1/4" in at each end (at the point where the triangles begin) making that point of the pattern a full 1/2" narrower than your original pattern. The sloping turned out to be too much, but I do think it's necessary, so could you slope your sides in say 1/8" on each side, making that point 1/4" narrower than the square version?

Sure, will whip it up in a bit...

No, nothing yet... I've got so many projects in the air at the moment, it's tough to find time for them all. Will get to this as soon as I have a free minute.

@Indy Magnoli, I do not have experience with buying hats from you, so I am curious if this will come in different sizes as to be accurate it is a fitted hat and not adjustable. I think it would be acceptable to just have small, medium, and large sizes as exact measurements I think would demand too much from the makers and still keep the correct shape.

Last edited:

MitasTouch, nope... in fact, I just made a Version 3 mock-up yesterday and think we've finally got the pattern nailed down. This will be sent off to our factory today... so things are moving forward! :)

ypNGALc.jpg

lMJI5W8.jpg

CTeHGzT.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited by a moderator:

That photo is just to show the shape of the crown. The brim will be longer and with no stitching.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back